I've recently become a black nationalist

I've recently become a black nationalist.

What are the essential readings? So far I've acquired:
>The Philosophy and Opinions of Marcus Garvey Or, Africa for the Africans
>The Autobiography of Malcolm X
>Black Skin, White Masks

And of course listened to Stokely Carmichael's Black Power talk and Malcolm X's The Ballot or the Bullet speech.

youtube.com/watch?v=dFFWTsUqEaY
youtube.com/watch?v=8zLQLUpNGsc

I'm also tangentially interested in African-American writings on the black experience (The Fire Next Time, Between the World and Me, Why I’m No Longer Talking to White People About Race, etc.).

Serious recommendations welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RzqbsAAa-k0
youtube.com/watch?v=J38zKNgZiKg
youtube.com/watch?v=0P4A1K4lXDo
w2.vatican.va/content/francesco/en/encyclicals/documents/papa-francesco_20150524_enciclica-laudato-si.html),
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Actions speak louder than words. Books won't help you. You need to relocate to Africa immediately. It's the only way to prove your commitment to the cause.

this is excellent bait, but in case you're serious, why don't you buy a ticket to Zimbabwe?

>Africa
Why would I move to a foreign continent? I'm American.

you've given yourself away, OP
you can't claim to be a nationalist of some sort and then proclaim to belong to a America, the anti-nation par excellence
nice try, though

>I'm also tangentially interested in African-American writings on the black experience
Invisible Man

The parts about the doctor in The heart is a lonely hunter is also VERY much worth a read, the rest of the book is great aswell

America is a continent.

>black nationalism
*sigh* Why is this so difficult to understand?

Thank you!

There are already black nations in Africa. That's like if Zionists demanded another Jewish state in America just because there are "American Jews". Stop being greedy, you have enough countries. Pick one and emigrate.

>black nationalist
>reading
reading is a europoid hobby

*sigh* Maybe because you're shitposting? Gimme a signal that you want a real conversation and I'm game.

Don't fucking give them ideas, user.

How can people get so upset if someone claims to be a white nationalist yet sincerely believe there is nothing wrong with being a black nationalist? Sure, there is history to partially justify this hypocrisy, but it remains in the past while the world moves forward.
We either need more and better terminology or less double standards.

why is she so perfect

Read books about Thomas Sankara

They've swallowed the critical-race-theorist propaganda hook, line, and sinker.

Also Lumumba

>I'm a black nationalist.
>I'm American.

America is the land of the free, fuckface. It is for everyone.

not for much longer, user. the mediamen won't rest until the country is Balkanized, mark my words.

I love the spectacle desu

How can people get so upset if someone claims to be a black nationalist yet sincerely believe there is nothing wrong with being a white nationalist? No hypocrisy, only idiots on either side.
Black civil rights leaders and white nationalists of the time had mutual respect of each others causes.

t. maggot man

shut the fuck up, leftypol. I will tell a white nationalist the same. stop strawmanning. gb2pol

race nationalism is simply not a thing, just a label that weak minded larpers love to use somehow.

whites actually build and maintain good functioning nations
blacks can't and never have and never will and so "black nationalist" is an oxymoron
youtube.com/watch?v=RzqbsAAa-k0

youtube.com/watch?v=J38zKNgZiKg
the sooner blacks wake up to this fact the sooner libs can stop coddling them and giving them delusions of grandeur, aka wakanda we wuz kangs

>race nationalism isn't a thing unless you're Israel then its possible and kosher
thanks Chaim

Jews aren't a race, we're an ethnoreligious group
Zionism was a mistake anyways, we shoulda just assimilated

See, what proves my point is that my post cannot be reciprocated without being untruthful, as you have done. This is where the double standard is born from

shadow boxing digit chaser

>ctrl+f
>fanon
>0
Veeky Forums you disappoint me.

You're not welcome here OP. We don't take kindly to racists on Veeky Forums.

We don't take kindly to anything on Veeky Forums, and I resent your implication to the contrary.

I know all about Franz and the critique of colonialism. OP doesn't deserve to know, because this thread is shit and belongs on pol anyway.

It's like if a legitimate nazi came to Veeky Forums and asked for white nationalist recommendations. Fuck him.

>It's like if a legitimate nazi came to Veeky Forums and asked for white nationalist recommendations. Fuck him.
but making those read about hitler's art school years is hilarious.

>whites actually build and maintain good functioning nations
As did the nigs in africa. Sadly they met destruction from external forces because of their support for certain middle eastern states during the 60s/70s and refusal to accept a certain reserve currency.

>africa
>good functioning nations

Top fucking kek

>black nationalist
>American

jews are a nation, not a race, my despicable american friend.

This is what white people actually believe.

>The traditionally Black district of Greenwood in Tulsa had a commercial district so prosperous that it was known as "the Negro Wall Street". Blacks had created their own businesses and services in this enclave, including several grocers, two independent newspapers, two movie theaters, nightclubs, and numerous churches. Black professionals: doctors, dentists, lawyers, and clergy, served the community. Because of residential segregation in the city, most classes of blacks lived together in Greenwood. They selected their own leaders and raised capital there to support economic growth. In the surrounding areas of northeastern Oklahoma, blacks also enjoyed relative prosperity and participated in the oil boom.

>A riot began over a Memorial Day weekend after a young black man was accused of raping a young white female elevator operator at a commercial building. As this news spread throughout the city, mob violence exploded. Thousands of whites rampaged through the black community that night and the next day, killing men and women, burning and looting stores and homes. About 10,000 black people were left homeless, and property damage amounted to more than $1.5 million in real estate and $750,000 in personal property ($31 million in 2018). Some black people claimed that policemen had joined the mob; others said that National Guardsmen fired a machine gun into the black community and a plane dropped sticks of dynamite.

>The attack, carried out on the ground and by air, destroyed more than 35 blocks of the district, at the time the wealthiest black community in the nation. More than 800 people were admitted to hospitals and more than 6,000 black residents were arrested and detained, many for several days. The Oklahoma Bureau of Vital Statistics officially recorded 39 dead, but the American Red Cross estimated 300.

>The riot was largely omitted from local and state, as well as national, histories: "The Tulsa race riot of 1921 was rarely mentioned in history books, classrooms or even in private.

Americans have been brainwashed by the public schools to simultaneously consider all human differences to be racial differences, and to believe that race doesn't exist, which is why we need to give preferential treatment to the minority races -- what are the whites gonna do, complain? They don't even exist. It's the ultimate checkmate.

lmao only a historian could assume that 'not mentioning something in private' constitutes some kind of reproachable offense

kek

>be african
>get captured by african warlords
>send to a foreign land by jewish ships
>i-im an american

>le nationalism meme
Lel
You're literally a pawn for the bourgeoisie

>All of these white boys in the thread not understanding the purpose of Black Nationalism in America.

>Go back to Africa, you don't see Jews trying to create another ethnostate in the US

But they're funding each others businesses and maintaining economic prosperity through solidarity and consistent practice of their cultural values, Black people simply wish to do the sam, this is the purpose of Black Nationalism. It is not to transform the U.S into a black ethnostate, but it is a movement dedicated to repairing and ensuring the prosperity of the black community in the U.S. You may be against the means taken to produce these conditions but you should also consider how much you have read on the cause and personally communicated with black people about it, before coming to a conclusion. Unity between all black people is a higher goal of many nationalists and is the ideology behind the "Pan-African" movement. This would certainly allow many Black Americans to go to Africa if they choose to, but that does not mean they should be restricted to it or encouraged to do so with malignant intention.

What a pretty lady.

Racial nationalism is dumb. Race is just one component of national identity.

how the fuck is this black nationalist thread still alive.

mods confirmed for leftypol who can't understand ethnostate=ethnostate=ethnostate=BAD.

>tfw no qt racially conscious black gf to discuss the merits of peaceful ethno-nationalism with

see

>All of these black boys in the thread not understanding the purpose of White Nationalism in America.

>Go back to Germany, you don't see Jews trying to create another ethnostate in the US

But they're funding each others businesses and maintaining economic prosperity through solidarity and consistent practice of their cultural values, White People simply wish to do the same, this is the purpose of White Nationalism. It is not to transform the U.S into a white ethnostate, but it is a movement dedicated to repairing and ensuring the prosperity of the white community in the U.S. after decades of affirmative action (aka positive discrimination).

You may be against the means taken to produce these conditions but you should also consider how much you have read on the cause and personally communicated with white people about it, before coming to a conclusion. Unity between all white people is a higher goal of many nationalists and is the ideology behind the "Pan-European" movement. This would certainly allow many White Americans to go to Europe if they choose to, but that does not mean they should be restricted to it or encouraged to do so with malignant intention.

The "Black Wall Street" meme always cracks me up.

>Blacks had created their own businesses and services in this enclave, including several grocers, two independent newspapers, two movie theaters, nightclubs, and numerous churches. Black professionals: doctors, dentists, lawyers, and clergy, served the community.

White people and pretty much every other race (except for blacks, it seems) have these. They're called towns and they are everywhere.

Your argument would make more sense if white people didn't already hold such an abundance of wealth in this country. The white community has not been denigrated economically, and the social damage is incomparable to that which blacks have suffered here. The purpose of our nationalism is to undo the conditioning which has subjugated us throughout centuries and produce the prosperity we deserve. Whites have had centuries of what we wish to have for ourselves. What is your argument for denying this to black people?

Have you read American history? Do you know understand the significance of Black Wall Street is due to the fact that it had been produced succeeding hundreds of years of oppression in the country?

those lips look very smoochable
>tfw no qt black nationalist gf

It's not my argument, dummy, I just cut and paste White for Black into other user's post to make the point of how stupid ethnic nationalism. People already have a natural tendency to self-segregate, you don't need to have a retarded movement behind it.

>but muh discrimination!
>muh reparations! muh conditioning!
Black people are people. They are not subhuman animals or dogs conditioned to fight. Take some responsibility for yourself and let go of the victimhood teat. That is the only way to be truly free of the white man. And discrimination against whites has existed for decades (and is in fact still the law of the land) because of past discrimination against blacks. Stop.

Nobody even mentions Afro-pessimism. Wow

why cant wee be friends
WHY CANT WEE BE FRIENDS

because outrage is profitable and people of every ethnicity would like to blame their problems on someone else.

youtube.com/watch?v=0P4A1K4lXDo

I am an Irish born person who live in Ireland and we were oppressed for 800 years by the English and we gained our own independence through violent revolution and also became a fully functioning first world country

It is probably because we have big white brains and you black people have tiny little peanut brains.

>africa is a shithole
>africans get abducted to america, african areas become shitholes
>now africans are migrating to europe and creating little shithole pockets

I don't know how you niggers do it, but you've actually managed to end up beneath the lowest settled scum in Ireland and are on par with gypsies. Can you please all just fuck off to Africa for a few generations, the rest of the world will drag you into the 21st century in our own time. Right now you are all just a drain, a total net loss.

What do you mean by "Black Nationalist" then?

Are you an anti-American-American? That's moronic.

>not that it really matters, but mulatto American here, btw

this is interesting. the situation is pretty different however. Ireland fought for home rule, and got it. They sought an ethnostate, their own autonomy, and they got one. Skin color doesn't matter that the Brits they banished were just as pale as they were.

Imported Africans in America never got that. They were "emancipated" into Jim Crow and remained second class citizens. It's an unfair comparison imo; blacks in America had cause to rise up and come into their own, but they were stepped on and became an underclass. Now generations on are still dealing with the trauma and we get unironic threads about black nationalism on Veeky Forums of all places. Big fucking surprise this is where we are in 2018.

Come in here to see if any good books.
Find a race war. Pol go home.

Being a black nationalist is as retarded as being a white nationalist. Ethno nationalism is so fucking dumb.

Social groups have evolved continuosly through history, and there has never been a way (or a reason) to stop it.

Fuck off, racist scum

It's actually not interesting at all. Tens of african countries were colonised and scarcely one managed to violently shake off its oppressor.
(Haiti)
Not only that, but it was worse off for it and to this day is a poverty stricken hellworld that is characteristic of black countries and communities in general.

I don't go in for racism in general, I think that every single race on earth all borrow from a shared humanity and given the same course of history would achieve more or less the same things. Just look to Brazil, Russia, India and China in the coming years for examples.

However there is something seriously wrong with blacks. All their countries are the same failed dumps, everywhere they go turns to a dump. Africa, America, now we see the same scenes play out here in Europe. There's just something defective about blacks, they aren't fit for a society with actual infrastructure let alone a technological one.

>Come in here to see if any good books.
That is exactly the premise that is being questioned. Why is a Black Nationalist thread a place one should think to find good books? Instead of a thread to be condemned, as one would a thread about White Nationalism? Why is the myth of victimhood constantly held over these people? You don't beg autonomy from your ancient oppressor, or weep over past colonialism. Ones makes their own future.

I was referring to the 800 years of Irish oppression and then going to war for independence in the 1800s. The Irish were oppressed for far longer than Africans in America, but they recovered. That's what was interesting. Where you drew a conclusion about blacks having inferior brains (which you now contradict by saying all races share a humanity), I thought it was interesting how America fought a civil war and Lincoln gave the Emancipation Proclamation but not much changed in later years. I wonder if some kind of state should not have been granted to the slaves along with "you're free now go make your own way."

T. Brainlet

t. reddit upvote/downvote poster

some essential reading:
>Frantz Fanon - The Wretched of the Earth
>Walter Rodney: How Europe Underdeveloped Africa

Soul on Ice by Eldridge Cleaver
Home by Amiri Baraka
Message to the Blackman in America by Elijah Mohammed

those are pan-Africanist writings, OP is an American black nationalist
Eldridge Cleaver is a funny guy, after coming back from exile in Algeria he became a hardcore Bible thumper and Reagan supporter

>That's like if Zionists demanded another Jewish state in America just because there are "American Jews".
I thought that's what New York was.

Youre a good lad op dont let these leftist faggots get to you. I would want the same shit if I was black and would try to get whites to feel as guilty as possible to fleece them for whatever they had to make my own better. Have no book reqs since im bot black but more blacks should think your way and get as many whites to feel as bad as possible about themselves so the truly strong from both races will rise and reach our solidarity.

ok stay where you are
you'll be african soon

If you don't articulate the nuance in the differing conditions of British to Irish oppression and the myriad of European nations which oppressed the African countries then there is not reason to assume that your argument is anything more than false equivalence. Without examining the intricacies of separate situations it is unreasonable to compare them and decide that they should have had the same result. I don't claim to be particularly well read on African or Irish history but I think you should be able to back up your claims with proof of research if you're going to say "Africans failed because they're dumb". If you fail to do so then I will assume your position is based in bias rather than inductive reasoning.

To give an example of why comparisons like yours are dangerous when provided without detail we can look at this history of black and white communities in the US. Black communities have been infringed upon by govt influence for decades in America resulting in their further denigration. Evidence of this is the govt's dismantling of the Black Panther party in the 60s which gave rise to gangs like the Crips. Which were also molded into a blight for the black community due to govt influence in areas such as the crack epidemic when they funded thousands of dollars worth of crack into black neighborhoods. Right after many factories that had been some of the few institutions hiring blacks en masse got shut down, leaving a leaderless community with increased unemployment rates and several external forces mixing with their internal complications in order to produce a nihilistic and self-destructive community. These external forces include the aforementioned crack epidemic, as well as the "war on drugs" succeeding it, mass incarcerating blacks on drug charges while whites had a higher percentage of drug use at the time. This is only a fraction of the non-black contribution that has lead to the denigration of the black community yet whites compare this to white communities who have a much less baleful history in America. Would you say here that whites and blacks were under equal conditions and their disparity in success rates are due solely to a predisposition of inferiority? Provide more facts for your argument than vague claims of oppression if you want to be taken seriously.

African Americans aren't becoming the prevailing group in the US, it's mostly Hispanics that are driving the growth

>Democrats in early 1960s dismantle Jim Crow and barriers to blacks voting
>first Republican administration afterward pushes the War on Drugs which is more heavily enforced on African Americans, forcing many into jail and stripping their franchisement
>this tears apart the black family which leads to a downward spiral in the African American condition

It's the confidence. The difference in becoming rich and being born rich.

Black Panther

>l-look this black person is spouting my racist bullshit! t-that means i'm not racist for saying it!!

Spend less time learning rhetoric and arguing on the internet and go pick up trash in your neighbourhood.

The billion-strong black population on earth being abject failures compared to the billion-strong indians, chinese, and europeans. It's not the job of the average layperson like me to understand the nuances of why you are all such violent fuckups who flop out of school, we just have to deal with your shit and frankly I'm sick of it.

Fucking blacks, just smart enough to learn a bunch of rhetoric to spew, not smart enough to form a functioning society.

I'm all for black nationalism. What's shameful though is that white nationalists and black nationalists tend to lack respect for each other

t. white nationalist

Sounds like the black community was full of already very shitty people willing to destroy their own instead of defying the le evil fbi boogeymen.

Both really, very shitty people on side, drugged out on the other, and god help the people who dealt with the crossover.

Essential readings include the following journalistic masterpieces:

- "Why I no longer talk to white people about race"
- "Are you racist? 'No' isn't good enough"
- "White critics love 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri' like they love their racist uncles"
- "Can my children be friends with white people?"
- "Dear white people, please stop pretending reverse racism is real"

No it's not your job, I was just pointing out that it's funny for you to speak with conviction on opinions you don't appear to have evidence to support. It certainly is my job to organize and do what I can to aid in repairs for my community. That's why I take efforts to educate myself on our issues and learn the correct procedures for taking action in order to be effective in the cause. I'm not sure why you think I've decided to be immobile because I've "learned rhetoric". Knowing how to deconstruct a poor argument is pretty integral to confronting those who defy you and I learn a lot from arguing with people like you so that also aids me in my praxis. No you don't HAVE to understand why your arguments are poor but I encourage it if you want to be educated.

Of course there were fools in the community. It was always a bad set up. A community filled with people that are biologically more masculine than other races being antagonized by external forces as well as their own surroundings. Yes it's a recipe for a bad situation, of course blacks are to be held accountable the same way Africans should be held accountable for selling slaves to Europeans. But in both situations it is crucial to acknowledge that while blacks had a hand in their own demise, the white influence upon it is not to be exonerated.

>- "Dear white people, please stop pretending reverse racism is real"
I have no doubt somewhere out there on the internet a dark skinned permanent victim is scandalized about Affirmative Action, the legislation that is on the books today that discriminates againsts whites in the hiring process. Quotas that include giving preference/hiring blacks outright over more competent applicants are RACIST because it keeps the black man in dead-end low paying jobs.

This entire mess is more insane the longer I look at it.

>Eldridge Cleaver is a funny guy, after coming back from exile in Algeria he became a hardcore Bible thumper and Reagan supporter
If you haven't, look up his attempt at fashion design.

Black power my brother/sister

The black jacobins.

I've honestly rarely met any genuine black nationalists. Most other leftists I speak to consider them to have some good criticisms of white supremacy, but other than that, consider them pseudoscientific, racist, sexist, homophobic and anti Semitic. Which they are.

Please don't be one of those black nationalists that refuses to engage with white people at all, or that gets involved in those dumb duelistic cults that promotes a hardliner us vs them attitude and obsessively measures for ideological purity. There's a lot of those kinds of people (mostly white folks with some vague ancestral connection to someone hispanic, but a couple blacks and even the occasional asian) at my university and they're beyond annoying.

I've personally been going deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole of esoteric traditionalism, and I find that the Bhagavad Gita is a great text to turn to on the topic of individual duty in a social context, as is the holy Quran and if you can find a good biography of Mohamed read that as well. Every person has a duty to their community, and to uphold the traditions they're born with, as well as to be a good person, but there's a difference between authentically upholding duty and in-authentically doing so... The Gita talks a lot about this. Simply trying to have black nationalism as a way to build an exclusionary in-group that promotes your material interests above others is selfish, does a disservice to your soul, and will eventually bite you in the ass, as has been seen countless times with the Jews. Rather, upholding traditions and community because it is your duty to do so, and upholding them without a greedy desire to rise above other races but because it is the right ordering of the universe will lead to a respect from other communities, and righteous rewards. Plato's Republic is another good book to read along these lines.

Forging communities with similar traditionalist aims is also a good step forward, for the sake of the moral fabric of humanity and also for the sake of opposing the tyranny of modernity. Many conservative Sikh, Muslim, Christian, Jewish, First Nations, etc. communities seek the same aims, simply through different paths, and they keep alive perennial knowledge that's been lost in the constant stream of banal novelty promoted by capitalism.

Study your family's history as much as you can. If you know what blood pumps through your veins, and the individual struggles of your ancestors, you will be less likely to be pulled here and there by the lies and generated controversy of politicians and career bureaucrats, who simply seek to present a 2 dimensional understanding of the past in order to further their own ambitions. Realize that "White People", "Black People", "Indians", "Latinos", etc. are not monolithic groups, and that such ideas are often used by ambitions tyrants to divide people who would otherwise have similar aims (for example, the struggle of the poor for dignity and labor rights are completely ignored in American media.

Furthermore, I highly highly highly suggest moving out of the USA. It's a sick country, fundamentally, and the only hope for it is some sort of revival following its looming collapse. There's no way to uphold tradition or community in a country built on revolution and individualism, and this innate absence of some higher spiritual principle in the USA causes a constant neurosis- either in their puritan moral crusades (lynchings, literal witch hunts, figurative ones, sexual and ideological purity tests accompanied by total vulgarity regarding the same topics) or their general moral malaise (insane suicide rates, gunning down schools of children or people in churches, a drug culture sanctified as "modern medicine" just to make life tolerable for a growing minority of people, and the opiate crisis ripping apart rural communities). Move to Canada, there is more of a sense of tradition and the transcendent there, as well as lots of frontier land which offers a fresh start, or to Africa, or even South/Central America. Just get out of the spiritual wasteland which is the USA.

Aside from the Quran, Gita, and Plato, I recommend Pope Francis's Laudato Si (w2.vatican.va/content/francesco/en/encyclicals/documents/papa-francesco_20150524_enciclica-laudato-si.html), which addresses a lot of the problems with society and capitalism today.

>OP baits then stops responding
kek nice one

>black nationalist
>lives in a white nation
lol

In fact the African American population is dwindling. They're killing themselves off, we've succeeded already.

>using a black nationalist thread to promote weird Nazi literature

Go back to

>recommends timeless spiritual and philosophic classics
>weird nazi literature
so this is the power of nu nu Veeky Forums