ROFL

ROFL

What are we laughing at here? How bad DFW was at writing?

>surrounded by heads and bodies

I absolutely hate this line, he probably thought he was being so clever and Sartrean but it just comes out tryhard and inauthentic

Thank you for posting this comparison,
I can now tell these three pages are from different books.

It's the sort of thing a precocious highschooler in a creative writing class would write.

do you mean pretentious
i think you do

No, I mean precocious. DFW should have grown out of that by then.

>It's different than my mainstream slop therefore it's bad
Just go back to reading Paper Planes or whatever the fuck it's called for the 10th time.

Im not that user but youre saying its what a gifted highschooler would write.

I understand thats supposed to be an insult, but this is even worse than what a gifted highschooler would write. This is what a pretentious highschooler would write though, or an adult.

No it's not. It's the sort of thing a gifted highschooler would write. DFW was a gifted child and he never really got over it.

kys

Thanks, it really highlights the difference.

DFW > Pynchon > Joyce.

But all three are ultimately just different shades of shit.

>DFW was a gifted child and he never really got over it.

absolutely this.

t. gifted child who hasn't really got over it

LMAO

Step one of getting over it is not mentioning it whenever you can you fucking faggot

> GASP! Muh college-professor-instilled sensibilities are being threatened! Someone unbunch my undies quick!
Here another shocking thought nugget for you: the people who formed your tastes (a.k.a. college professors) are losers who ended up as kulturtraegers because they literally failed at every other worthwhile human occupation, including flipping burgers.

Well it's written from the perspective of a precocious high schooler, so I'd say he nailed it

the dishonesty in dfw's writing is disgusting

Oops!

What is the main character? sounds like some disasociated autistic nerd. Maybe that's what hes trying to go for?

Exblane