Do you guys actually have diaries? I’m too busy reading and school to recap my day in a dairy

Do you guys actually have diaries? I’m too busy reading and school to recap my day in a dairy

Yep. I have a nice, leatherbound diary. I don't write in it every day, but I do write whenever I have something resembling a thought.

No, I like to live with as little residue as possible.

I used to have one between 2015 and 2016, I actually filled about 120 pages. But then in 2017 I became a NEET and found that I didn't have much to say, so I stopped. This year I'll probably start doing it again when I start working and shit.

only retards and 13 year olds recap their day in a diary. journals are for recording thoughts, describing emotions, epiphanies, sudden moments of clarity or turmoil, etc.

Ideally I want to and I'm into autowriting so my journal is a bit of a hybrid vermin. Only takes about 15 minutes a day though.

Used to. Tore them all up at some point after rereading them. Now I keep (disorganised) notes on things but not a journal as such.

>school

just wait until life fills you up without allowing an outlet and youll have to find time for it.

It's more an autobiography. The title is 'Desu: The Story of Me'

I have a moleskin in my back pocket. Sometimes I feel I need to write in it pages over the day, sometimes I don't write in it for weeks.

I tried to keep a journal several times, but it's hard to have anything to write about when you spend all your day inside and you have no original thoughts.

This.

I have journals going back to 2006. I don't write in them every day. Not even close. But I write about emotionally difficult experiences, unique experiences, and fun events I want to remember.

I will share some entries from over the years. There is nothing earth-shattering, but I'm very grateful that I have these documents of my teenage and young-adult years.

If you have time to make threads like this, you have time to keep a diary.

Diaries are homo, I keep a journal where I write about ideas I have

"I seem to be developing a passion for writing. Though I don't write a lot, it seems that I'm just waiting for the right inspiration. I don't like science but I like nature. I don't like art but I like literature. Strange, but I just hope that this passion develops well as a skill for writing. This is just so I don't forget."

-22 January 2006

"To know life is to cherish life; beauty placed into words; a form into which I could put my entire life."

-8 February 2006 [I remember writing this right after I finished reading The Count of Monte Cristo]

[written in a sloppy hand] "A sense of careless self-destruction pervades every day of my life. The small victories are meaningless and my hands are shaking violently. I'm losing it all in a most helpless fashion. What might happen if my parents stops helping me? I've reached the point where my life is patterns....yearly, daily. I'll describe it in detail when I calm down."

-23 February 2010

Kinda wanna keep a dream journal like a middle schoiler because I have some fucking weird ones and I always forget them after like a day or two

"The world is full of an essentially unfathomable depth of curiosities, beauty, misery, joy, fun, interest, and life that I'm frozen; I'm shocked into inaction at the prospect of trying to reach out and touch something powerful and enlightening. Things are drifting by and slipping away. And though I'm aware of this situation, I seem to be incapable of overcoming it. Why? Why can't I slap myself awake and desperately reach out into the abyss and find something to bring me to life? Why am I numb? Why do I have no energy? Why do I care about nothing?

-19 June 2016

2014-present
>t. Me

I've kept a diary since 2013, it helps remind me that moments of emotional highs, sadness and happiness don't matter in the long term and they shouldn't hold me down
An entry in 2015 about a girl or some failing? I hardly remember them anymore, it's a footnote

and yet here you are on the internet