So how do I read him in a way where I won't misunderstand him?

start with reading Schopenhauer who is the actual background to Nietzsches thoughts. Then I would recommend Camus Who's like a less generaliserad version of Nietzsche.

Ditch this faggot altogether and enjoy the superior works of Kierkegaard

hah, 6/10

isn't nietzsche the type of philospher one goes to in a state of desperation? what man wants to follow the mental course of a man such as him?
just why do you want to familiarize yourself with him, make bedfellows with his mania?

>6/10
>Kierkegaard died when Nietzsche was only 11
>Nietzsche also used indirect communication
>Nietzsche uses the ubermensch while Kierkegaard already had 'hiin enkelte'

Is this true? I thought he was supposed to be one of the greats

>don't be a teenager
>read prior philosophy for atleast a year or two
>have an understanding of classical culture
Just have these atleast

don't misunderstand me, I respect Kierkegaard. The rating was for recommending Kierkegaard to someone unsure if they would get Nietzsche.

I don't think you really need to read any precursors. N will tell you about everyone important anyway.

Just read as much of his work as possible.

Ecce Homo is a good intro, since it's N's retrospective on his whole oeuvre.

He is. It's just that most intellectual end up in a state of desperation one way or another.

What a gay cliche
Most intellectuals are soulless autists

projecting

Nietzsche can't be read. He needs to be experienced. There's a bliss to the longing sadness, to the melancholy for a future that will never be when you hear him shout from the mountaintop, when you're deep down in the abyss with him.

>Not having your father curse God on a mountaintop resulting in your 5 brothers and sisters dying

I have suffered of crippling melancholia and permanent existencial anxiety since I was a kid.

there isn't such a thing as "a way where you won't missunderstand Nietzsche". He talks about that in a book, can't remember which one.

my advice:
start with Ecce Homo. Everything he writes it's about health, keep these in mind.

Then, the most you have read and you have lived, the most you understand what the fuck he means. For example: if you have read I Ching, you undertand expresions like "empty cauldron of society" or if you have certain dream while you sleep, you undertand what it's "dream with the high way in the montain".

Welcome to life, bitch

?

STEMlords maybe

Kierkegaard sucks to read in danish - he has so many pointless wordplays.

What?