Mad

So I have Dostoevsky for the second time as a reading assignment in my senior fucking year of high school. I am supposed to read this book in two weeks, alongside the shitstorm that is preparing for university (among other things). I realize we have to know the classics, but fuck me if I have to read this having read Crime and Punishment already. Besides, the moral dilemmas and problems regarding good and evil, existance and god we already covered quite thoroughly in other works such as Goethe's Faust and Beckett's Waiting for Godott.

Give me one legit reason why I should be wasting my time with 800 pages of repetitive shit just so I could get a passing grade.

I'll only prescribe you a large tank of helium and a polite "fuck off and scram", you filthy toddler

>mad about having to read TBK

Fuck you faggot. I had to read the most basic shit in my poor as fuck high school, and for the SINGLE YEAR they had an AP Lit class we didn't go over any classics, we went over contemporary literature. You're so fucking lucky to be reading this shit. If you're such a fucking brainlet that you aren't excited at the prospect to read Dostoevsky's best work, then fucking read the Cliff's Notes like the basic bitch brainlet you are. Fucking mongrel.

What high school class you go to? In my senior year we were reading film novels and took six weeks to get through a children's book.

High schoolers don't belong here even if they made it to eighteen.

>implying you need to read 800 pages for your high school assignment
Yeah, no.

I'm from Serbia and even though I do enjoy reading and sometimes the discussions we have which are mostly garbage just so the professor can have proof we read the book, I really don't have the time or will to read this with all the other obligations I have for school.

Gosh, you're a high schooler, I bet you're absolutely loaded with work and only get to meet your friends on Fridays and Saturdays

US education system =/= Serbian education system

Faggot. We can't even participate in the PISA tests because we don't have the paperwork.

If you're unable to do all your assignments in time, tank one of them. That's the whole point of your educational system. Otherwise, just cliff's notes the thing instead of wasting time on Veeky Forums

I'm basically in the same position as you (high school senior year in Serbia). Just stop being a whining pussy, my classmates are already giving me an earful how they are too busy to read Crime and Punishment. I'm applying for a STEM university myself, and yet I have magically somehow had time to read 3000 pages of literature other than school books since the start of the year. Either don't read it if you don't care about your grades or just do it, 800 pages in 2 weeks isn't even that much if you organize your time properly.

There is no way you faggots need to read the entire 800 pages of Brothers to answer your faggy high school exam questions. Stop bullshitting. That's not even done in universities.

I'm the 2nd guy and I don't have to read Brothers Karamazov for school, I did have to read Crime and Punishment by Dosto and Anna Karenina by Tolstoy though. Depends on the school, its highly probable that he does have to read it. I do have Brothers on my desk right now and plan on reading it in the near future, but not for school.

feeling as if you're forced to read is the easiest way to lose the joy of reading
pretend its a Veeky Forums thread where a redditor, an edgelord, a chad, and a christian are all trying to communicate their ideas to each other if that helps

Kek

Why do you have to be so rude? Stop feeding your stereotype.
I'm in the almost exact same position as you, in high school in Albania (hehe) and enjoying the fuck out of that book.
Just read it and enjoy it, it goes by pretty fast. I'm sure you will find time to get rid of stuff from your heavy schedule.
If not just read cliffnotes or sparknotes, I can't understand how your professor will tell.

PISA is absolute shit, dont even bother

Also not OP. The point of the questions is that they can only be answered if you have read the book CAREFULLY. For example i recall some silly questions the teacher asked other than the serious ones when we were discussing Anna Karenina:
What was the color of her gown at the dancing ball
Did Karenina have gloves during the horse racing
What was the hair color of the attorney Alexei Karenin employed (Trick question he was bald)

You're lucky, faggot. When I was in HS we had to read The Little Prince and shit like that. Dosto seemed so far away.

>Trick question he was bald
that made me kek out loud

This all the way. Even when I read it they latch on to such minuscule details nobody remembers and use it as a reason to fail you.

Isn't your country sandnigger and opposses christian morality?

I couldnt imagine any fucking school especially public here in the mongrel states having that be assigned reading.

Underage.