Are there any books that deal with the theme of not being able to attain your artistic goals...

Are there any books that deal with the theme of not being able to attain your artistic goals. I mean the pathos of simply not being able to make anything you like in a chosen discipline year after year, despite serious study, due to a sheer lack of talent?

>inb4 someone's diary

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Künstlerroman
twitter.com/AnonBabble

my journal desu

There has to be something.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Künstlerroman
pick one

Yeah of course there are plenty of those but they are about good artists, not failed hobbyists.

but they struggle

keller's green henry is an unsuccessful painter

You any kind of artist? Anybody know who you are? Who are you? Who are you!? You miserable presumptuous no talent. You’re no artist. An artist respects the silence that serves the foundation of creativity. You obviously don’t have the talent. You don’t have enough respect for yourself or other people, or know what it means to respect yourself. In music or any form of creativity. And I’m an NYU film school graduate. SUCKA! And the School of Visual Art in the Academy of Art University in San Francisco. You suck. You’re a no talent. If you really have talent, go practice. And then get yourself a gig, instead of ruining the day for everybody down here. You disgrace. You are everything that’s gone wrong in this world. You’re a self consumed, no-talent, mediocre piece of shit. And I’ve earned my right to say it. Okay? In 1975, I walked Bob Dylan up on stage. Who the fuck are you? I knew the Grateful Dead from 1966. Who the fuck are you? You’re nothing. You are nothing. And you will never be anything. Never. How dare you? You miserable, mediocre nothing. Shame on you. I’m trained classically, I’m trained contemporaneously, and you suck.

stop posting this vilaesthetic image

What is with that video anyway? I never got the full context. Bag man shouts at someone playing trumpet or something, right? Did he actually work with Bob Dylan or is he bullshitting?

This is true though.

Cellists by Kazuo Ishiguro is a short story that's perfect for this. It's collected in Nocturnes.

The Loser

>simply not being able to make anything you like in a chosen discipline year after year, despite serious study, due to a sheer lack of talent
Talent is a myth, if you were actually seriously studying you would eventually reach a high tier position in art in less than a decade. Most people who complain about not being talented are just undisciplined ADHD shitters.

>I walked Bob Dylan up on stage
burgerland

>undisciplined ADHD shitters
this is true, i'm one of them. feels bad

Sure user.

Not sure whether to believe you because trips or deny you because satan.

Wow.. this is exactly what satan would want us to believe. Like this is kinda crazy

>Most people who complain about not being talented are just undisciplined ADHD shitters.
This. Also ADHD doesn't exist. They just don't have discipline because it's easier to take an amphetamine pill.

This. Satan's a good guy. He encourages you to believe in yourself as an individual.

stop being a fame mongering narcissist, you and most other artists crave attention more than anything else. There's a reason homosexuality is so common among those types. Above all else you want approval. You're not interested in human spirit, disinterested in wisdom, you reject knowledge for entertainment. Honestly you people should be kept in your own quarters of society, as the actors and poets were in days of antiquity. The greatest novelist is nothing but a gadfly in comparison to even a mediocre philosopher or scientist. This will never change anymore than the lesser status of a basketball player to a warrior will

talent is literally a thing. hard work can make you go far, but true talent(TM) is just magical. it aint bullshit and the no talent cucks know it and cry to their sleep every night to that thought.

What the absolute fuck are you doing on a literature board?

talent can be boosted artificailly too. but modern mindset turned everybody into a genetic determinist.

>talent can be boosted artificailly too.
lies. ive seen that attempted. people end with a ruptured anus and a broken sinus from too much coke, trying to behave like artist so you get some of the aura, but you hate all the process.

I'm not a genetic determinist, just a formative one.

you mean like decreasing neuroplasticity?

Perhaps this, if I remember the plot correctly

I know some fag who calls himself a "Faustian Luminary"
It's all his fucking social media names and shit.

What exactly are your artistic goals? What do you mean by year after year of study?

Brahms for example took 21 years to finishe his first symphony, starting age 22 and ending age 43. Brahms was a musical genius and was composing his whole life.

If he finished the symphony in a few years, maybe it would have been shit?

You need to realise the life of an artist can sometimes be all consuming.

Pestana by Machado de Assis. Seriously.

yes. But I don't even look at it that prosaically. I just think that your disposition becomes somewhat solidified by a adulthood

Kind of related. Are there any books about knowing you're a brainlet?

"talent" just means that the gatekeepers of your discipline have decided, for whatever reason, to favor you. in a world of a million writers, it is the editors who have power.