Can anyone save me the money and just tell me what are the 12 rules? I can't find it anywhere

Can anyone save me the money and just tell me what are the 12 rules? I can't find it anywhere

Other urls found in this thread:

classics.mit.edu/Epictetus/epicench.html
independent.co.uk/voices/jordan-peterson-clinical-psychologist-canada-popularity-convincing-why-left-wing-alt-right-cathy-a8208301.html
youtu.be/8gXpZmQ7j70
libgen.io/search.php?req=12 rules for life&lg_topic=libgen&open=0&view=simple&res=25&phrase=1&column=def
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Clean your room.

Rule 1 Stand up straight with your shoulders back

Rule 2 Treat yourself like you would someone you are responsible for helping

Rule 3 Make friends with people who want the best for you

Rule 4 Compare yourself with who you were yesterday, not with who someone else is today

Rule 5 Do not let your children do anything that makes you dislike them

Rule 6 Set your house in perfect order before you criticise the world

Rule 7 Pursue what is meaningful (not what is expedient)

Rule 8 Tell the truth – or, at least, don’t lie

Rule 9 Assume that the person you are listening to might know something you don’t

Rule 10 Be precise in your speech

Rule 11 Do not bother children when they are skate-boarding

Rule 12 Pet a cat when you encounter one on the street

Revolutionary, truly humbling.. holy..

If only those (((Cultural Marxists))) would stop ruining my individuals

>don't let your children cause you to dislike them (personally).
>be open to new ideas
uuh
>let the children do things that you might dislike cause otherwise they won't gain experience? Let them break a few bones.
those are the only ones I know

Thank you!

I'm literally modern God. I just changed the commandments a little in hopes no one will notice my Bible plagiarism.

It's so important to remember to pet the cats.. reminds me of this very profound quote I found on facebook, I even got a print version in a nice mahogany frame ($40 on etsy!! XD) that says "Don't forget to smell the flowers".

It's so deep. In a fast paced world, wehere everyone is busy all the time, you have to rember to enjoy the little things.. pet the cats, smell the flowers.. depp, powerful stuff.. powerful

Wait too complicated. I prefer Jesus' advice:

Behold the birds of the air, for they neither sow, nor do they reap, nor gather into barns: and your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are not you of much more value than they? And which of you by taking thought, can add to his stature by one cubit? And for raiment why are you solicitous? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they labour not, neither do they spin. But I say to you, that not even Solomon in all his glory was arrayed as one of these. And if the grass of the field, which is today, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, God doth so clothe: how much more you, O ye of little faith?

Be not solicitous therefore, saying, What shall we eat: or what shall we drink, or wherewith shall we be clothed? For after all these things do the heathens seek. For your Father knoweth that you have need of all these things. Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you. Be not therefore solicitous for tomorrow; for the morrow will be solicitous for itself. Sufficient for the day is the evil thereof.

the rules themselves are meant to be jokey
it's the following pages of explanation that are of hypothetical value

intellectuals won't read it, but the book is for plebs. He tried being serious in his first book, didn't work, nobody but Shapiro has read it.

If only..

Have you read Kierkegaard's take on this passage?

No but I can imagine how it's about how cripplingly angsty we should feel about our worldly attachments. Wouldn't that defeat the point? I'd like to read it if you have the link or copy/paste.

Ayn Rand is an alright writer. I think she had something to do with Nietzsche and Dostoevsky.

On a serious note, if you want a better version that's also a tenth the length, read this
classics.mit.edu/Epictetus/epicench.html

> pet a cat

ew, NO

i want to pet a heckin DOG

>Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God
>the kingdom of god is within
>seek within

word

I'm very smart. I assume my IQ is 150. Jung and Dostoevsky are also very smart because they liked religion. Nietzsche also probably liked religion, right?

Go home felix

Postmodernism is scary. I don't understand it and I think they're ruining my masculinity.

>Rule 12 Pet a cat when you encounter one on the street
That's the only rule I already follow

>tfw jordan is steadly becoming more influential than foucault
how does that make you feel brainlet?

I have it in danish, but I think it was translated to english under the title: The Lily of the Field and the Bird of the Air: Three Godly Discourses

As for cripplingly angsty, well, it's Kierkegaard.

What do u mean, can't believe that u don't pet cute cats on the street

One shitty thinker whose only appeal are to american postmodernists is being replaced by another shitty thinker whose only appeal is to american anti-postmodernists.

I feel like I always do when I think of America, a tinge of disgust.

OH MY
independent.co.uk/voices/jordan-peterson-clinical-psychologist-canada-popularity-convincing-why-left-wing-alt-right-cathy-a8208301.html

There's literally nothing profound about me. I just spit out my opinions on what I think is good or bad. If you disagree with me, you're a postmodernist, you hate truth, and are out of touch with reality.

My favourite philosophers are Penn and Teller. They know all your tricks.

embarrassing article

look at that pic, Petersen is so manly even putting him beta eyebrows, his stern face just rejects them.

theres only ONE proper foucault disciple, and thats judith butler, and shes shit and also going down.

>Judith Butler
>disciple

kek

Conservatives are opposed to postmodernism, but then again, so are Marxists. Why do they wilfully misunderstand each other? Can't they form a grand coalition to defeat the postmodern leviathan once and for all?

cool arguments, bucko.

What if I hate skateboarding?
Checkmate, Mr. Peterson.

As a leftist perhaps we should be doing more to address the LGBTLMNOP feminist cancer than attacking vulnerable NEET boys?

They are the real enemies and more dangerous to our values than another pop intellectual

Taking Zizek's advice: we don't have our own house in order, that's why simplistic "reality checking" is always so effective

Amused that anyone would actually believe this

>That's the only rule I already follow
>Rule 8 Tell the truth – or, at least, don’t lie

Because the old labels "left" and "right" don't mean anything anymore.

Examine /pol/ today being the transgressive, irreverent, nihilistic, spirit of the 1960s; despite claiming to represent "conservative" values they are not the upstanding churchgoing respected community members.

The Establishment today which has an iron grip on culture, media, the universities it the LGBT+ feminist tumblr rape culture movement, controlling discourse, controlling corporations, TV and so on and so on they're a fucking panoptic authoritarian regime

In Germany the Nazis still exist, but they beat up reporters and call themselves leftist and shut down the voice of even the smallest dissent or opposition, and the have the full backing of the police and the political establishment

>Why do they wilfully misunderstand each other? Can't they form a grand coalition to defeat the postmodern leviathan once and for all?
Leftists like Angela Nagle understand but I don't think the other side cares as much. I agree we have a common enemy, left-liberal tranny postmodernism, but they like to lump us as one big Left which doesn't hurt the trannies

For future thought: since it's pretty much impossible to dissociate these people from the Left, is it feasible to have a party without them? How? Form a new party? What will we call ourselves?
Or just switch terms and make a revolution identifying these beasts as Liberals? This is what I'd like but I don't think they will ever stop calling themselves the Left, nor will /pol/tards or alt-right or whatever you wanna call them

He's just stating the obvious which needs to be stated. I think it's good that he wrote it. Who else would? And who with his amount of audience?

>For future thought: since it's pretty much impossible to dissociate these people from the Left, is it feasible to have a party without them? How? Form a new party? What will we call ourselves? Or just switch terms and make a revolution identifying these beasts as Liberals? This is what I'd like but I don't think they will ever stop calling themselves the Left, nor will /pol/tards or alt-right or whatever you wanna call them
>I'm a leftist, but not THAT much of a leftist!

You are, at best, a useful idiot for the people you're railing against. You cannot endorse policies and beliefs and adhere to an ideology that promotes certain things and just say "But we're arbitrarily not going to do x, y, and z even though it takes my ideology to its logical conclusion".

Shutting down independent thought, spreading droning and stupid theories and ideologies, marrying with spectacle and corporations, being capitalist liberal fatty last men is not the left's logical conclusion

Alexigender – Gender identity that is fluid between more than
one gender, but the individual cannot tell what those genders
are.
Ambigender – A feeling of two genders simultaneously, but
without fluidity/shifting. May be used synonymously in
some
cases with bigender.
Anxiegender – A gender affected by anxiety.
Cadensgender – A gender that is easily influenced by music.
Cassflux – When your level of indifference towards your gender
fluctuates.
Daimogender – A gender closely related to demons and the
supernatural.
Expecgender – A gender that changes depending on who you
are around.
Faegender – A gender that changes with the seasons, equinoxes
and moon phases.
Fissgender – A gender experience that is in some way split,
similar to bigender or demigenders.
Genderale – A gender that is hard to describe. Mainly associated
with plants, herbs and liquids.
Kingender – A gender somehow related to being otherkin.
Levigender – A lightweight, superficial gender you don’t feel
very much.
Necrogender – A gender that used to exist but is now ‘dead’ or
nonexistent.
Omnigay – Genderfluid, with one’s attraction to other genders
changing with one’s gender, so that the individual is
always
attracted to the same gender.
Perigender – Identifying with a gender, but not as that gender.
Polygenderflux – Having more than one gender, which intensity
fluctuates.
Technogender – Only comfortable with one’s gender when using
technology/online, usually because of social anxiety
(specialized for people with anxiety disorders).
Xoy – Someone who identifies in some way as a nonbinary boy
or nonbinary boy-adjacent.
Xirl – Someone who identifies in some way as a nonbinary girl
or nonbinary girl-adjacent.

Come on. You are some sort of obscene capitalist parody of a real leftist movement

>Xoy – Someone who identifies in some way as a nonbinary boy or nonbinary boy-adjacent.

Memes are real.

I'm almost ashamed to admit this, because it's a total fucking meme, but cleaning my room helped me not be a depressed fuck all day.
Used to stay in bed until I absolutely had to leave for class or work, because looking at my room just felt like that much more work to do.
If nothing else, a clean room is just a comfy way to start the day.

clean room is kino. also having a bed that doesnt have shit over it, be it a backpack or anything like that, clothes, etc, is just shit. best bed is a bed you can throw yourself anytime in, and itll be a comfy experience.

Riddle me this my dear fool - Was it cleaning your room that alleviated your depression, or was it the alleviation of your depression that helped you to clean your room?

HURRHURR

>he can't into post-ironic goofball boarding
youtu.be/8gXpZmQ7j70

It was vyvanse that got me to clean my room.
Actually it might be vyvanse that cured my depression, because it's hard to get out of bed without it.
As I type this, I realize that I'm just addicted to vyvanse, and without it I might never have become depressed.

>hooked on speed to function on a daily basis
The absolute state of memerson cucks

>do me a frighten
You should know this was probably written but a 19 year old trans boy or something

we have more than a few zir "marxists" in our midst. these people are slave morals exalted. so sad

what wrong with being slave morals?

it poisons life, it's antithetical to the good (aristocrat - good men), it makes everything bad

some folks like water, some folks like wine, but i like the taste of straight strychnine

>Shapiro an intellectual

Oh lawdy

Imagine that you run a race every day against several other people. You come in last place today, rather than looking at the first place guy and learning how to run and prepare from him you tell yourself that coming in last place is actually better. So the next race you don't even run at all you just sit at the starting line and pat yourself on the back.

>dude obey me lmao

work smarter not harder
the great predators of nature, apex predators, all employ the tactic of conservation of energy and of motion

What the hell does that have to do with slave morality?

why would i run a race everyday unless my master told me to?

lobster man finna work Veeky Forums into a shoot for years
ya pinhead marks

I do a lot of these.

>exercise and stretch to improve posture
>can't stand mess and will clean bedroom and then shared living room and kitchen once a week
>don't have children, but if I'm babysitting, will have them watch Walking With Dinosaurs on repeat or teach them how to draw / discuss my
favorite children's books
>trying to spend less time on the internet, going our more at night, listening to different music, co-founding a magazine for college
>sometimes I spy on Irish junkies and study their syntax, it's incredibly convoluted and reminds me of a lost language where full-stops are replaced with another person's slurring joke
>no one skateboards where I live, but saw a guy riding a scooter and wanted to smile at him
>fantasize about adopting a pet cat

I know a lot of these headlines are symbolic.

daddy wud u lik sum lbster?

Just look for the pdf dude

They always run away

I feel you. However — my research and writing has skyrocketed in productivity. I'll quit taking speed when I'm tenure-track.

>get hooked on speed
>depressed during withdrawal
>take speed
>depression lifts
>speed cured my depression!!!

im allergic to cats

I read all those self improvement things and realize that I already did everything they said.
Is there any worse feeling than being really miserable while knowing you are on your peak and realizing it can't get any better?

that's the point
Don't bother the Kids

sounds like a cool user
I would borrow you some books

>Set your house in perfect order before you criticise the world
I feel like this encapsulates Jordan B Peterson pretty succinctly, although I have very little idea what Peterson stands for

Everybody on here is a contrarian fuck that could really use the advice of setting your own life in order before criticizing the world (this applies to all ideological types, I'm not singling anybody out).

libgen.io/search.php?req=12 rules for life&lg_topic=libgen&open=0&view=simple&res=25&phrase=1&column=def

He's arguing that, anyone who can't change themselves will never be able to change the world. Mastery begins with self-mastery.

it's marketed as a self help book, what did you expect? if there was any doubt about frogman being a pseud this book shattered it.

>promotes freedom of speech
>shills patrician-tier authors such as Nietzsche, Eliade, Jung, Dostoyevsky, Solzhenitsyn
>dumbs down from their superior level to the average intellect of the american
>makes astonishing psychological analyses of novels of said authors, of biblical stories, existentialist works and even simple tales such as pinocchio which hide a deep psychological baggage packed inside of them
>overcomes the great plague of our times: nihilism and atheism through MEANING, GOD, AND OBJECTIVE MORALITY
>is a great motivational speaker, superb in debates with the SJWs, skillful rhetorician etc.
>master of logic: understands that logic>emotion and isn't afraid of stating this in arguments with SJWs
>fights against the degradation of the culture and its foremost threats, namely marxism, postmodernism and islamism
It's the only book of our times that is actually worth reading. Better save the money yourself for it, otherwise .

Rule 1: Postmodernist a shit

Rule 2: Start living like Larry

Rule 3: Marxism is the most violent fucking system to ever breathe

Rule 4: Choose your words very carefully

Rule 5: Clean your room and the rest of your fucking house too you lazy fuck.

Rule 6: Always listen to everything somebody wants to tell you, even it's the same explanation of the bible for the 500th fucking time

Rule 7: Dostoevsky or die

Rule 8: Miss me with that forced pronoun shit

Rule 9: Be unbiased. But appear on really biased talk shows and podcasts.

Rule 10: Sound like Kermit the frog

Rule 11: Pet a cat when you encounter one on the street

Rule 12: Gender dynamics are fucked

anyone who claims they "hate" Jordan Peterson either misunderstands his positions or doesn't appeal to logic or rational thinking. Either way, there hatred is misguided.

He's an intellectual powerhouse. You could easily make an argument that he's the most important contemporary thinker. Maybe ever. Peterson's clinical psychology doctor degree gives him insight into the innerworkings of the human mind, so that he knows things about your brain that not even you do. Good luck debating THAT, it'd be like trying to tell DFW what infinite jest is about (if he were alive).

It isn't a matter of IF his stances on morality/gender/lobsters are tenable. Those who think they are not simply do not understand them

I will gladly debate anyone ITT on any of Peterson's positions

>I will gladly debate anyone ITT on any of Petersen's positions.

Preaching to the choir. The only disagreements you might have here are that he doesn't go far enough.

Maximum bait

>memerson claims his sideprojects amount to 3 or 4 fulltime jobs
>gets depressed and has no energy
>takes antidepressants to relax
Why didnt he see he was exhausting himself and his body was telling him to calm the fuck down?

Anyone dismissing Peterson as an idiot is clearly an ideologue, but his thinking - at least as presented in his speeches - has a number of weaknesses. I'll outline just a few:
1) Zizek's criticism that he mistakenly lumps together all of the "radical left." Some of the earliest and most trenchant critiques of deconstruction and identity politics came out of the Frankfurt school and other "Marxist" lines of thought. It's telling that Peterson never really cites any contemporary scholars but merely refers to a general "French" outlook.
2) He misunderstands the critique of capitalist oppression. I can't think of any scholar who claims oppression originates with capitalism as Peterson claims. Marx himself argued that life improved under capitalism and I think many (not all - Zerzan comes to mind, though he's hardly respected in academia) agree. The argument is instead that one shouldn't become complacent. Peterson never engages with texts like "The New Jim Crow" or others but offers countless implicit indictments that amount to "fake Marxist news." This is deeply disingenuous of him since he claims frequently to support struggles against inequality.
3) Peterson continuously overlooks the violence that founds and sustains the West. For all he rails on the gulags, he never mentions any of the U.S.'s horrendous crimes throughout the world. He also is wrong to dismiss the "true Marxism has never been tried argument." Lenin, a more orthodox Marxist, himself did not believe that the Soviet Union was communist and envisioned the role of his state as one that would introduce capitalism and hold the place of power until true communism was possible. Peterson will respond that all of those atrocities were carried out in the name of Marxism, it should then be pointed out that the fastest growing economy in the world and *the* single most important alleviator of starvation and poverty is to this day nominally Marxist.
4) Jungian psychoanalysis may offer insights, but it lacks a strong scientific-empiricist basis, though in his frequent "data, data, data" language, he implies otherwise.

I have no problem with - and agree with - many of Peterson's positions. But he is speaking about whereof he knows not in many instances and often in dubiously misleading ways.

>Anyone dismissing Peterson as an idiot is clearly an ideologue

>impling that's not lefts shitpost

Interesting criticism from the left. Personally I dislike him from a completely different angle, I think he’s a metaphysical coward, he obviously wants to be a Christian but refuses to reject the enlightenment and scientific materialism so he tries to rationalise Christian mythology as being about “archetypes” or comparing it to traditional myths. The distinctive nature of the three “religions of the book” is they move the sacred and foundational stories into a real historical timeframe, not an inaccessible “other time” like every other mythology and religion.

Ultimately this sense of historical purpose for history is what leads to all Christian / post Christian movements be they communist or liberal or upfront Christian kingdom of God ideas. He clearly wants to reject the non supernatural versions of Judaism / Christianity (especially Marxism), but he refuses to recognise where they come from. Then he speaks to Russel Brand and bangs on about how he considers inequality to be a great evil, yet his main useful insight is that people are unequal and achieve different things based on their internal qualities not just because of economic repressiOn.

There was an article in the spectator that basically said his positions feel like they are still immature, and I agree. He’s a smart guy, but he misses things in what he has read (when he denounced fascism but then recommends openly fascist authors, especially Eliade but even to some extent Jüng), or he criticises “postmodernism” and Marxism at the same time as though they are identical. The existence of right wing existentialists seems to have not occurred to the lad. I do find some interesting bits in his work but his politics are shit tier.

Clean your room, bucko.

I remember when I was a complete dumbfuck. There is hope for you yet my friend.

>be precise in your speech
>can't decide whether he wants to make people tell the truth or just settle for not lying

>Then he speaks to Russel Brand and bangs on about how he considers inequality to be a great evil
unequal societies are empirically unstable is what he's saying i'm guessing, which will probably remain like that at least until we get highly efficient killbots to keep the plebs at hand

enjoy your toxoplasmosis, petersonfags

>Rule 8 Tell the truth – or, at least, don’t lie
How convenient

Who the hell dislikes their children when they get hurt?

He's saying discipline them when they do the kind of thing that, if an acquaintance or stranger did it, would make you dislike them.

anyone who claims they "hate" Sam Harris either misunderstands his positions or doesn't appeal to logic or rational thinking. Either way, there hatred is misguided.

He's an intellectual powerhouse. You could easily make an argument that he's the most important contemporary thinker. Maybe ever. Harris' cognitive neuroscience degree gives him insight into the innerworkings of the human mind, so that he knows things about your brain that not even you do. Good luck debating THAT, it'd be like trying to tell DFW what infinite jest is about (if he were alive).

It isn't a matter of IF his stances on morality/gender/nuking the middle east for utilitarian reasons are tenable. Those who think they are not simply do not understand them

I will gladly debate anyone ITT on any of Harris' positions

Pic related: irrefutable proof that Harris is more """""important""""" and """""influential""""" as a contemporary """""thinker""""" than Peterson.