had had

> had had

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

> whomst've

>hitlerto

> thereupon whereas

>And but so

>arms akimbo

english has some horrid expressions.

> -grabs him by the throat- back the fuck off!?!?

> kiss you ass

> whomsoever
> hitherto
> whence
> insofar
> henceforth

>inasmuch

>get got

> whatever
> whatsoever

>albeit

> happenstance

I like that word desu

> so so
> so-so

> yonks

> henceforth
> whence

>a female character calling a man a "fucking asshole"

>theretofore

>To-day

What's wrong with any of these?

> das dass

>the

>whereby
>methinks

*dass das

vommed all over my laptop, unironically too

methinks is literally ogretounge

> insofar as

There's nothing wrong with "dass das". It's regularly said in everyday speech by Germans and nobody thinks it's weird.

>jářku

>that that

>I'd have had to have had

>a great many things

>be cry

> to-and-fro

when I wrote shitty SEO articles and a shitty marketing job I used this phrase as much as possible because it was a few extra words

>yesteryear

>det er det det er

>having had

>get get get get
>got got got got
>blood rush to my head lit hot lock

kek

>"___," he cried

better det than detter, user

This one is beautiful.

>sad like drizzling rain

Whomsoever is great, fuck you.

>double kazoo intensifies
www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfpLjZCfeg0

STOP expressing yourself

>I'd've had to've had

saving this thread

>tfw never use "whence" in writing
when is this even appropriate to use?

>thusly
>therefore
>irreconcilably
>now with

>grok
>!=

once you start using the word via, you cant replace it. You cant stop.

via via via

Serendipity is far superior

Name one sentence where "das dass" is grammatically correct or makes even the slightest bit of semantic sense.

>thiverto

On a similar note: I've noticed that I've used the word "had" a lot in a recent story I wrote (a good portion of it is a sort of recollection of something that happened in the past, however). Is this something that is particularly annoying to you guys as readers? Is there something I can do to fix this?

>moreso
>albeit
>notwithstanding

>a good portion of it is a sort of recollection of something that happened in the past, however
well that's just it
Don't write in past tense fucing idiot

>thus

that part in american psycho (the movie) where bateman is talkin to the detective and hes like "had it been burglarized?" and the dude is like "no it hadn't" it just sounded fucking stilted and im like did they do that on purpose to make fun of waspy rich dudes or like was it just a bad dialogue

hmm let me think

It's about someone recollecting an event though. It happens in the past.

>im like did they do that on purpose to make fun of waspy rich dudes or like was it just a bad dialogue

>TFW you want your characters to talk like real people but you also don't want readers to think you're an idiot who can't write good dialogue.

I'm not sure exactly who pointed this out, but characters in books basically never talk like people do in real life.

>in excess of

had had

The OP is wrong. also

>the which
>that that (used to wonderful effect in the Gettysburg Address

I like both of these but I'm just playing along with the meme.

To this very day, I remember having read somewhere "Do let's", and later trying out this new language/correctly incorporating same into something I wrote for the class. The thing came back with a mark because the pleb teacher had never encountered this form before, and mistakenly believed that I'd confused word order or placement, or something along those lines. There's nothing like /knowing you're right and know better than the adult in the third fucking grade/, and growing up, and having adult vindication on same.

>not least of which is
>one's self
>moreover
>, so to say,
>we as it were (Wittgenstein in translation does this constantly)

>as per

>henceforth

means the same thing as "from where"

>per se

Two.

is that jeff goldblum

I rewatched the movie very recently and there's a lot of weird choices in takes they used, some of the deliveries of lines by secondary and throwaway characters are stilted or forced, especially the asian girl who massages Bateman's face saying "so soft, so smooth." Nobody fucking talks like that.

>per se pronounced as "per say"
>per se written as "per say"

This is such a fucking stupid board.

> faux pas
> not pronounced Fax Pass

>in conclusion

>Zoinks!

>disclude

I had an elementary teacher who didn't know how to pronounce "cicada" and evidently wasn't familiar with the word at all when it came up in a book

Will Smith will smith.
Will Will Smith smith?

>indubitably

You were an idiot back then and are still.

>Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo

I just the word "just" way too much, both in my writing and everyday speach. How to fix this? It's an awful habit, and I just want to stop.

》不了了

How much will will Will Smith smith if Will Smith will smith will?

If it's good enough for Virginia Woolf it's good enough for me

I can't help but see the merchant face

just stop

>wide plethora

lol

Honestly, whence is a fine word on its own. It becomes a problem when people say:
>from whence

Also
>thusly