Handwriting

How do you write, Veeky Forums? Post an example and tell others if there are changes that need to be made

Drugs r bad kids

ok

all caps because i work on a ship but it looks like a 13 year old because I guess i'm retarded

That's pretty hard to read. Why are your letters so small with so many giant flourishes? If you use a flourish on that many letters, it sorta loses its impact.

Throw away pencils.

What kinda pen?

your gothic spacing is all fucked up

just wrote down whatever came it to my head to show the writing, id try to do it neater but it wouldn't really be my handwriting if i did.

fucking 10 points to you if you can read it, nobody seems to ever be able to and its fucking annoying.

aren't girls supposed to have neat writing

all evidence ive come across would point to no. knew a chick who doted i and j with a circle tho, was awesome

kek

I've posted it before. This is an entry of my diary.

Very nice.

It looks like shit, that’s why I type instead

Escribes como un puto marica
Y madre de Dios, además en puta cursiva?

I know. It's the second time I've ever tried to write all the gothic alphabet though so, meh. It'll get better.

Italic pens change your writing well. Same piece of paper, different pen.

Pues mira adivinaste. Me gusta chupar verga algún problema?

I write like an asshole.

meh.

Ferme ta gueul, sac à merde.

If it ain't connected it ain't cursive.

My handwriting's gotten better since I started using smaller pens to write

How do i get better? Mine is so bad I don't even want to post it

Mine's shit too. I've been attempting to write cursive for a few years now but it's still awful. I've had awful handwriting since birth and I really wonder if bad handwriting isn't genetic or something

Well that's a big reason handwriting is so bad today. When people have no choice but to write, their handwriting tends to be better

Pretty illegible to most people.

dotpad is pretty patrician tho

Yeah they are useful if you like to draw or sketch as well as write, and they are much less intrusive than squares or even lines.

gay incest in spanish kek

Looks nice but I can barely read it. The second up from the bottom is my favorite.

Here's mine. I don't think it looks bad but I definitely think it could look a lot better.

I sell my handwriting every now and again.

your spacing is vast
you can't take notes with those spaces

To other fourteen year-olds in home room?

so you're saying you write everything like graffiti

By the way? "Brooklyn to London" means Whales. 'Cuz there's nothing else between them.

Nope. Mostly record labels or "urban" marketed products.

More or less.

Which is preferable ugly but legible or illegible but aesthetic?

show me a page from your diary or notebook or journal or some shit

Maybe we should start a handwriting/notes general? After all, legible writing is a key to an intellectually fulfilling life.

you write like a maniac

Can we talk about pens and paper, instead? It's more interesting. Just got my A5 Rhodia notebooks with paper from the Claire Fontaine mill. They're so sexy that I wish they would fit in my butt.

I think we can definitely talk about pen&paper too. Tools, organization systems, and other things related to notes and handwriting.

Alright then, favorite inks?

I have started to love Sailor inks. I just bought some more Sailor Yama Dori, because I already went halfway through a bottle after about two months. This pic doesn't do it justice. It looks black, right out of a pen. Then it dries to this color, with a sheen of black on top of it. It's very pretty.

Cheapo stuff. I prefer to use my money on quality paper instead. Apparently the entire paper industry's forgotten how to make non-bleeding paper ever since quills went out of fashion.

It's not the industry--it's the buyers. Everyone wants a pretty cover and gives no fucks what's inside.

The French and the Japanese still care. Rhodia bought the old Claire Fontaine mill, which produces the best paper on planet Earth. Claire Fontaine is still pretty good, too. There are a few, smaller, Japanese manufacturers who are also still good, but the shipping and import costs make make them irrelevant to Americans. Go with Rodia. $15 for A4s with 50 sheets. They're about $10 per 80-page pad, but they're wonderful.

>Throw away pencils
Mechanical pencils are the smartest writing utensils you can possibly carry with you
But fine, I even whipped out the new fountain pen for this

By the way: Parker's quink is generally regarded as a decent,, work-horse ink. It's cheap and American, which maybe produces some bias against it with snobs who don't know the difference between things that are good because of their quality and things that are good because the label is in French. But it's good ink. The "quink" label is pretty stupid. it's Parker sticking to an advertising line that hasn't made sense for fifty years. But it's good ink. Really the only downside is that it only comes in the three colors.

I actually own a couple rotrings, but still. Inks are so fun. What pen is it?

>rotrings
I swear by SumoGrip. Dirt cheap and perfect for anyone who grips their pencils tightly like I do
>What pen is it?
A Pilot Kakuno, some cheap-o pen that uses ink cartridges but actually writes surprisingly well. I only have it because my girlfriend bought it for me

Pilot's bargain-priced fountain pens are universally agreed to be the best fountain pens under $200. The Metropolitan, which is the same price as the Kakuno, holds its own against anything $120 or under. They're incredibly good pens.. Metropolitans are also only $13, btw. They look like this, and come in plenty of colors. You can also buy the Cocoons for $20, which is the same pen with 5 more colors. Pick one up--they come with a decent, .2ml converter and a black ink cartridge. You can either buy some inks or buy some cartridges. Either works.

Damn, I had no idea. My girlfriend has been killing it with the gifts lately
Thanks for the info, user

I found the slippery plastic grip on those to be unworkable enough to make the entire pen not worthwhile. I prefer the Safari.

I love my Lamy Joy--they're great. They are what got me interested enough to start sending my pens to nibsmiths, because the Joys offer a diversity in nibs that you just can't find, if you don't go for custom.

I thought I hated glossy finishes, after Metros, so I ran the opposite direction and bought an edison nouveau premiere, recently. It's super-matte, with resin that is partially transparent. And it's so sticky that it's impossible to post the cap, and it yanks out a ring of ink every time you pull off the lid. I hate it. The nib is amazing, though.

How do you guys index and organize your notes? I used to keep mine in categorized folders full of loose leafs, but after watching a classmate shuffling through neatly indexed composition books, I figured keeping the damned things in book form might not be a bad idea.

Pic related. Trying out commonplace book indexing this semester with a 200-page blank book I got off of Amazon. It's really clunky to use so far, but that might just be the inherent difficulty of boiling down paragraphs of text into single-term index entries.

>organize your notes
I wrote it down so that I wouldn't have to remember.

But seriously: I write copious notes because the process of writing notes makes me never need to refer to them, more often than once every month or so. My memory for facts? It sucks ass. But having to write something down requires me to internalize the process that led to whatever conclusion I was supposed to remember. If I write it down? I don't need to remember it.

r8

Go away CIA

Don't be paranoid. It's the opposite of sexy. I like pens and writing words. If the CIA wanted to target you? They didn't have to rely on your posts on Veeky Forums, you pervert.

>tfw teachers could never understand handwriting throughout school

I still have no idea how people can write cursive r's immediately following letters that end at midline, like 'bread' or 'fracture.'
For that matter, my c and e are indistinguishable.

I'm left-handed and I've started to write in Italics. I feel as though it makes my handwriting look better and much less childish.

There's a rather young kid in one of my classes (pretty smart guy, apparently skipped a few grades and enrolled early) whose pen grip basically consists of "arrange fingers around the tip in random order and tilt it AWAY from the body" and writes disfigured scratches during lecture. Even his writing is more legible than yours.
I'm not making a personal attack here, I'm just saying that I literally can't read a single word on that page.

>writes disfigured scratches during lecture. Even his writing is more legible than yours.
oh fuck that was funny

I break off the letter and start a new letter. It wouldnt be a smooth single line

You clearly need Jesus.
>Love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart and with thy whole soul and with thy whole mind
>I believe in God the father thoroughly master of heaven and creator of all things visible and invisible
>I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ born of the father before all ages God from God Light from Light True God from True God
Ez

i got to “Love” and the rest was just elongated earthworm shit. there are no reader legible parts in that page.

the problem with my writing is that I am perfectly unskilled when it comes to drawing or writing, but I try to use a fancy font so it just looks tryhard

you write like a girl and i’m jealous.

on the contrary imo, girls write every single letter the same way anytime they write it down, and I just cannot write consistently even though I focus on that a lot
look at the "t" in the fourth line and any other "t" or pretty much any "y" for example

>ama buzeráns poézis

soha nem volt bennem költői véna, és nem is vagyok elégedett vele, de egyszer kiváncsiságból megírtam ezt az egy verset, felmérni, hogy tudnék-e egyáltalán valamit írni. szóval no bully pls

My homework in spanish.

I just recently bought a bottle of Sailor Oku-Yama, unfortunately it really stinks. And not just the bottle, my pen smells when I uncap it as well.
I usually stick to the Pelikan 4001 line. The Pelikan Edelsteins I have are nice, but not worth the price for me. With my handwriting, the shading barely comes out, unfortunately

l-lewd

is there more of this

At least make an effort to pretend you aren't new

I'm sorry I don't read much

Why does mine look like im a doctor with autism?

Just delete my writing implements

>No pic
Just autism.

agreed

Yes definitely
Absolutely true
Probably relevant to a thread

>a cri-fleek of pure steezin'
nice
neat handwriting too

Here goes.

That whole entire left margin on the righthand page is wasted space. Highly inefficient writing. Do you hate trees or something?

it was a random pic i found while searching for “horrible calligraphy”

frenchies pls no ridicule

Got a Muji aluminium, any other cheap pen for a student?

I want to write like this. Any tips?

Where were you when you realised you were on a board comprised of schoolkids?
I was at home, scribing with brain fluid.

I'm down for a stationary general

Update on this: It works great for definitions and key terms but garbage for condensing ideas from raw text. Kinda disappointed.

A short story from my diary desu