What was the most important book ever written?

What was the most important book ever written?

Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica

That book in your picture is definitely the most important book ever written

The ONLY way I could see someone having any kind of argument against the Bible would be something like "Yeah the Bible is the most culturally and historically important, but it isn't the wisest/most helpful book, and that's what's REALLY important."

stoner

Also. It is truly sickening to think that there are people posting on Veeky Forums at this very moment who have never completed even a single Gospel

I really must thank God I had a Christian upbringing and was forced to read and understand the bible since I was kid. Otherwise I d probably be one of those.

>tfw read the KJV twice
Reading David Bentley Hart's New Testament now. Gonna read Robert Alter's Torah next. What other Bible translations should I read? It can be the whole Bible or just a section. Even one book.

>the Bible
>a book

From a religious perspective, probably the Hebrew Bible; the majority of religious people on Earth have read it in one form or another. But the most important book ever written was probably the first one. The oldest surviving is the epic of Gilgamesh, but there must have been others before it.

>most important book ever written
>piece of stone
?

in my personal subjective opinion its the Nag Hammadi library. most of the original sects got stamped out for hundreds of years. the bible is heavily edited for example hell wasn't cannon originally its original translations have other definitions. fits the early inquisition fear mongering persecution complex.

That sounds awful. Being forced to read anything gives you an artificial reading. I'm glad my family were not religious, which led me to find God myself, after a lifetime stint as an atheist.

Aristotle's Organon

my diary desu

> Epic of Gilgamesh
> originally fits on a stone tablet
> publishers release the book
> story fits on over 100 pages

Is Penguin trying to cuck me

The Vedas

The Penguin edition is in verse format which eats up pages, plus it has all the incomplete fragments and variants, plus some earlier Gilgamesh poems.

>originally fits on a stone tablet
Maybe their language was so advanced, they had symbols which translates to whole words or even sentences.