Why aren't you reading him?

Why aren't you reading him?

Because I'm reading Perec

Because I've already read him and he isn't worth re-reading?

Fair enough.

i read about a dozen of his books in my late teens and early twenties.
i've moved on now, though i remember them fondly.

fpbp

Because I've literally read all PKD, bar the exegesis (I look for specific things in it from time to time). I also just found an old french copy of Nick and the Glimmung in my mom's library, which means I appearently read it as a child.

But you're right, people should be reading him, he's probably the most relevant author to our zeitgeist, and very few cinematic adaptations of his works actually do him justice (but that's the point, isn't it?).

Look him up in the archive, there's been some great threads about him over the years.

Because I can't read :(

because once you wipe away the freshman phenomenology, what's left is the sort of tattered tinsel that Ray Bradbury used to decorate his stories with so he could claim it was science fiction.

> Zoob of Endko

listened to all the audiobooks already

Read High Castle and Valis, they were alright. Androids Dream was a disappointment. Don't really feel the urge to dive back in.

Also,

Because I’m writing a lecture about absurdism

i dunno, i didn't realize dan harmon wrote any books. not sure community was good enough to actually read any written fiction though

I have Ubik waiting for me. I hope it's good.

It is

>be 18
>go to local book store
>zero PKD
>"I like PKD" I say
>"I will keep an eye out for PKD" The owner says to me
>Go back months later
>Funny looking copy of Minority Report with Tom Cruise on the front. Is sort of like a graphic novel.
>thefuck.jpg
>Flip through it but don't buy it
>Order PKD books online
>Be 23
>Still love PKD but want to read other things
>Go back to book store
>Entire shelf filled with PKD
>The owner sits behind his desk looking at me
>Mfw

Love PKD and all his cheesy idiosyncrasies. He was a really unremarkable writer, but his stories are so strange and exciting. I feel like I'm working on a lot of inspiration from him atm.

I am.

He's a dead white male.

perhaps i am judging him harshly by one of his early stories - i can't remember which - where an army had been sent to occupy a small asteroid. and the soldiers just stood on the outside of the thing, without any consideration as to how something the size of kansas could possibly hold an atmosphere. he either ignored that aspect of it, or just thought an asteroid was like a planet, and that they all have air and 9.8m/s squared of gravity.

that's when i dismissed him as a Bradbury.

also he was a robot.

you have to deliver that lecture naked.

you know it makes sense.

What do you mean by "reading him"? Dont you mean reading books by him?

autism

extreme autism

By him? Don't you mean 'reading books written by him'?

>very few cinematic adaptations of his works actually do him justice
I think A Scanner Darkly is the only one?

Blade Runner 2049is the best adaptation :^)

No.

only read what Im interested in. theres nothing of interest locally available and i dont even know that author but im sure I wouldnt be interested hence this post and this thread is useless

Reading books him by.

Because I already did, all his novels only the short stories and half of the exegesis left.
Preach the Dick OP, like the chubby ponyfucker you are.

Because I’m reading Mann