Does anyone actually use cursive?

Does anyone actually use cursive?

Never

I write everything in cursive because I was taught to. I write slower printing.

Yes? Everyone does it when writing casually.
Keep in mind I'm not an amerimutt.

I do, aside from those crazy capital letters

yeah but my handwriting is shit

Do americans really NOT write in cursive?

I can only write Russian in cursive. If I try to write in English in cursive I screw up and write Russian letters.

Don't quote me on this but I don't think they have schools in the USA. They learn how to write from their priest.

In cursive only.

Yeah, math teacher so that they can fuck with you and torment me

They don't have priests in America, Billy-Bob has Ephesians 2:8-9 repeated at him for 6 hours a day and graduates with a diploma which lets him run one of the 50 churches in town.

>america is a country in eastern europe

Yeah nobody I know here in America writes in cursive anymore, just older people. I had some school teachers that had us do assignments in cursive but by high school nobody cared anymore. It's kind of a shame.

I write my own personal notes/journaling/etc. in cursive, but I print anything that someone else is going to read (because I'm not an asshole). Many people can't read my beautiful, flowing cursive, which makes it a sort of personal code.

>priest
America is a Protestant country

Does anyone even write in non-electronic form anymore?

I taught myself as an adult. I like it. There's an inherent pleasure to it that you don't get from typing

I connect my letters but I don't use the cursive forms of the letters

I like it for notes when I'm reading/working. Computers are too distracting when I'm in study mode.

I taught myself to write in cursive last year, and It was a great decision, because I write a lot faster and my handwriting is pretty now.
Typing is still the most effective form of writing.

>Protestant
America is a Mormon country, bucko.

America is an Islamic country.

if you’re not solely using german cursive you’re basically illiterate and should end your map, for keeps.

Somewhere in my 20s, I forgot how to cursive.

Americans can't write at all. An American signature is a line that curls like a pig's tail.

>line that curls like a pig's tail
That's what my first name looks like in correct cursive

I write everything in cursive. Do people find it difficult? Non-cursive handwriting is childish-looking.

>Non-cursive handwriting is childish-looking.

I do because they made us in grade school, but they don't even teach it anymore.

Coworker's son had bad penmanship, and she was concerned, but the teacher told him not to worry because it's all typing now anyway.

cannae understand a fuckin thing mate

>can't write anymore
>elected Donald Trump
Wtf America? Are doing ok?

Cursive is irrelevant, I only use it for my signature. Print looks better and is more legible.

Only when I write Russian.

Some of these letters look retarded.

My handwriting is equally shit in cursive or print so I just use what I feel like desu

Only when I use the long S

fuck you i thought ur name was jeff magnum which was cool but it turns out your named after a lame.

also i write in some bastardized cursive/print hybrid, i can't imagine its very legible but i don't much care about that

I write in a hybrid of cursive/print that's easier to read than just standard cursive. Basically just cursive but using the printed, much more legible forms of letters like r, x, z, and most capitals.

For my signature, yes.
Plenty of people are unable to read it, feels like a waste to use it.

Yes. I remember having to wait almost twenty minutes for fucking morons to sign the terms and conditions at the beginning of the SAT.

If given the choice I do. My print handwriting looks like shit compared to my cursive.

i could never make cursive r, F and I look legible so i just print everything. .

>born in early 70's
Every day.

americans are an embarrassment

>sign the terms and conditions
You mean copy them all down in cursive, then sign them.

I do. Sort of. I write in a mix of cursive and print, have for years.

Is there any other way to write? Writing single capital letters is tiresome.

Interesting. Some of my letters evolved to include those extra circles.

Yes, we were taught it in school in the UK. In fact, my school told you off for not writing in cursive and would make kids rewrite their work/write it properly if they tried joining letters together that had no reason to be joined. Never understood how Americans find cursive so challenging.

Cursive makes wonders for those who has motor memory.

Actually shorthand should be more taught.

Of course. Writing any other way is too much work.

I don't write Russian in cursive because it won't be legible to me later. Whoever thought it was a good idea to make a lot of the cursive letters similar was a demon.

I'm Latvian and we were only taught cursive when we learned to read and write. It's faster to write with. I use it for whenever I need to write something down.

I don't understand why do people consider cursive difficult.

It's common in England, not sure about current kids, but it's how we're all taught to write.
I can write quickly and neatly in cursive, whereas printing i write slowly and neatly.
Cursive wins.

I was barely tight cursive in school. I retaught myself cursive in my first year of university to help with notetaking but my cursive deteriorated from writing all the time to the point where in my final year other people couldn't read it. Now that I handwrite less often I can take my my time and my cursive is beautiful again. Anyway I'm learning kanji and this looks like a nightmare.

>not sure about current kids
Does Arabic have a cursive letterform?

All of it is "cursive", yes.

i have recently started writing in cursive again. i tried a few years ago, and i use it on an off. my cursive was way nicer when i was in 5th grade, but its improving quickly. But when i write cursive to fast its not always legible.
>gotta love that IQ increase

Always. Also my handwriting is fucking awful.

Yes, yes I do. It is an elegant, precise, functional, and expeditious, method of writing for everyday life. Printing has it's place. Signage, advertising, kindergarten, among other things. The fact that it's not being taught is some school districts is just a symptom and sign of the "dumbing down" of 'Murika.