Just admit this is the greatest book ever written

I know this might trigger some but it has to be said, Harry Potter is the greatest piece of literature, ever. No single book has captured the minds of millions of children and adults like the adventures of boy wizard in Hogwarts, filled with complex symbolism, characters that feel like they're alive, heart thumbing and tear dropping scenes, all told through Rowling's gifted writing style that doesn't leave a dull sentence.

Just admit that instead of suffering through another Shakespeare play or Joyce novel you would much rather snuggle up in a warm blanket with a mug of butterbear and read through the whole series again.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NMjrXRgu8IU
youtube.com/watch?v=WqxH0YM96sM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What can you not handle a book written by a strong independent woman?

is there another opening line more iconic

>"Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much. They were the last people you'd expect to be involved in anything strange or mysterious, because they just didn't hold with such nonsense."

Come on, someone post it. Get it over with.

*stretches my legs*

>Mr. Dursley is rather plump and tries to act in a stately manner
Was Rowling on a higher level than us?

I know you don't believe a single word of what you just said and are just baiting Veeky Forums, but why can't I enjoy the Harry Potter books while also not considering them the greatest books ever written?

Harry Potter perhaps may be the perfect form of art, similar to Homer it is accessible to children and can be understood on a simple level but beneath, it is rich in complex metaphors, symbols and ideas that are far beyond the intellectual levels of pleb/lit/. A child may not understand all of it but the richness of it captivates the child like magic, however the pleb fears it for he fears what he can not understand

Wow, Gandalf really is the most inspirational character in all of fiction

plebl/lit/ may not like it but there is more infinitive wisdom in Harry Potter than in all your little philosophers and writers put together

>9 replies
>5 posters

great thread OP

this has turned into a Harry Potter quote thread, be careful Veeky Forums some of these may be too complex and deep for you

Veeky Forums BTFO

I wouldnt say its the greatest ever but it is hella good. I've read the shit out of all these badboys several times over.

baneposting has more nuance than anything J.K. Rowling has ever written

>No single book has captured the minds of millions of children
Grimm Bros.?

You've gotta be a little more subtle to really piss people off, my guy

Then you should read Gaskun’s autistic space epic. Imagine If j k Rowling was a Star Wars but and wrote Harry Potter in space it’s like 125 pages bigger than H.P.. he sends them out to whomever asks for them because he’s a fucking loser with no chance of getting published. If you do read it, I Hope you like heroes journey tropes

Half the thread are baiting and the other half are hating, but I unironically enjoy the Harry Potter books. Read them the first time when they came out and reading them again now. It's good stuff.

Oh look, it's this thread again.

Lol.

>entirely our own
>Jung_facepalm.jpg

Le dullest franchise.png

That was such an intense moment

pussyjackson.png

Dude i frickin love science!! xDDD

> british kid
> oh boy it's world book day at school today
> book vouchers given out
> each year I would get the next harry potter book

Any other britbongs know this feel? Also they're not the greatest books ever but I do get swept up in nostalgia whenever I revisit the books or movies. Just good warm fun. I can enjoy both Harry Potter and Joyce or Shakespeare. It doesn't have to be one or the other if you enjoy both.

Somebody post that greentext about all the characters just keeping the status quo going and not doing shit because JK is a filthy Blairite.

youtube.com/watch?v=NMjrXRgu8IU

All this book has managed to capture is untold hours of misery for those subjected to the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

based

>high-tier
>Eeeee Eee Eeee
kek

Here's the leaked next chapter of Harry Potter

>The Great Gatsby, The Stranger, Dumas, Atlas Shrugged are all above Hamlet and One Hundred Years of Solitude

>No Tolstoy - greatest novelist of all time - on the God Tier

The person who made this image doesn’t have a clue about literary art.

Whoever you are, you can be certain you are not going to make it.

The setting of hogwarts itself is god tier. Name 8 comfier settings.

>posting a b8 pic to make your point
baka

what's wrong with english comedians? they're not a bit funny but they seem to be so delusional that they think they're geniuses or something

you're willing to keep that mask? please tell me more about how ayn rand and tao lin surpass shakespeare and joyce

Honestly, Stewart Lee is the funniest person on the planet, but I do appreciate that he doesn't land with everybody.

I believe I've seen this copy/paste comment a few times on Veeky Forums so let me address it for it shows the true working of a Potter denier.

First note how this is copy/paste comment reflecting the poster's inability to think for himself or to go look beyond the surface of art.

First he claims that each book is the same which just proves he never read them for anyone who has would tell you that each book is completely distinguishable from the next in terms of plot, symbols, themes, settings, characters, events e.t.c. The Harry Potter books are like pieces of a puzzle, yes they may all be depicting one thing with the same characters but each of them is a unique part of the puzzle and once you put them together you see the whole puzzle complete.

Then the criticism that this poster copy and pasted is that her writing is bad. Yes the writing of the book is designed so that a child could understand it, the first book being at the reading of an 11 year old and the last book at the reading level of a 17 year old. However is this a fault? no it is not, in fact it shows what a geniuses she is for it the content of the book goes far beyond than simply over complicating your prose style, she was able to convey complicated themes in a language that anyone can read, just like how a good storyteller will speak to his audience in a language they can understand. Unfortunately the pleb can not see this and thinks that if the book isn't making him fall asleep and skip pages than its not proper art.

Intellectuals all of the world are only now starting to catch up on the complexity of the HarryPotter franchise
youtube.com/watch?v=WqxH0YM96sM

muggles BTFO

Popularity is not the same as greatness.

The one from Neuromancer. I don't even need to quote it, because you already remember it.

Magic is Might!! Mudbloods will suffer!!

Popularity, in many cases, is greatness. While it can't exactly be a proving point, the series wouldn't be so popular if it were some ordinary fiction book. There had to be some sort of "magic" in it, a charm.The series is special, whether you like it or not.

This
Hitler was a popular guy in the 1930s but we don't defend him as a great leader of man for it

this is actually a real article and i read it and this is actually in the passage

Furthermore, the Nazis used a variety of sinister and abhorrent methods to determine who could be considered a Jew. They often defined Judaism based on bloodlines.

Basically, if an individual had 3 or 4 Jewish grandparents, they were considered a Jew. If they only had one or two, they were designated as "Mischling." This was a form of legalized discrimination, which led to the deaths of millions of people.

its an article on harry potter

Voldermort did nothing, him and Maofy were trying to protect the pure wizard blood from mudbloods, once you understand they are the good guys the books make perfect sense

once you know

based

>following the ideology of a half-blood bastard with daddy issues
Riddle did more damage to the pureblood movement than anyone else before him. Grindewald had a genuine vision.

iya

lmao, our class president at my graduate school's graduation ceremony used this line.

Right before he said that hate would never win. This was in 2016 btw

Thinly veiled political ideologue garbage

That image makes sense considering the show explored many other Freudian ideas.

i guess that popularity is a kind of greatness that is separate from another kind of more purely literary or aesthetic greatness and perhaps some other kinds of greatnesses.

>Greatest Book ever Written
maybe
>Greatest story ever told
fuck no faggot

>philosopher's stone

Find the idiot.