I've finally decided to read everything Shakespeare. Do you guys know any good resources that could help? Essays...

I've finally decided to read everything Shakespeare. Do you guys know any good resources that could help? Essays, commentaries, dictionaries, videos, I'm looking for it all.

Shakespeare was black btw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EBdk5hDadYE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'd recommend just reading the plays first

I never thought of that.

Harold Goddard's The Meaning of Shakespeare

That looks good

As I've said in another thread, I'm reading Shakespeare & Co. by Stanley Wells and it's quite comfy. It's not a work of criticism per se, but it's still quite helpful if you're interested in the whole scene and playwright circle of the time. It'll give you an idea of the role Shakespeare played among his contemporaries.

Also, pick a play that seems appealing and start from there simultaneously.

Shakespeare not black. Nogs were still trying to figure a 4/4 count on a log with a gazelle bone. A quill may as well been a spaceship.

William Hazlitt and Samuel Johnson

>shakespeare

BOOTY BUTT BOOTY BUTT BOOTY BUTT CHEEKS!

Do you think this something that could be read piece meal as I read the plays for the first time?

me too op that's why i copped zis

Man I miss boondocks

It's a collection of essays for each play, and though some of them are quite extense (the one for Henry V is 50 pp long), you can still read them individually and they make perfect sense. They are also very illuminating.

Good deal. That's exactly what I've been looking for.

are they all essays by the same dude or a curated selections of papers on shakespeare like those bloom things

Pol-tier faggrotry.

here on Veeky Forums this kind of ironic content is referred to as a shitpost, redditbuddy

By the same dude, Goddard.

Both volumes are on libgen in PDF and epub format, too.

You guys can't even refute this

youtube.com/watch?v=EBdk5hDadYE

i'm not much of a theatre/shakespeare guy, any opinion the book "the year of lear"? too pop or can a lit person gain from it

>i'm not much of a theatre/shakespeare guy
>a lit person

>theater
>literature

take it to /tv/ fag

Read some Montaigne essays and The Prince

Shapiro is a respected Shakesperean. I'd say read an excerpt and see of you like it.

ya i torrented it but didnt get around to listening to it yet

> bix hood nigga, Julliet got nize azz and lot ov’ money shiiieetttt ima smash, nigga

I haven't read much Shakespeare but I did hear Issac Asimov wrote a two volume guide to Shakespeare and it's supposed to be pretty good. Might be interesting if you've read his other works and want to see another side to the author (and learn about Shakespeare, ofc).