Who was the bigger badass: The judge from blood meridian or The General form Watership Down?

Who was the bigger badass: The judge from blood meridian or The General form Watership Down?

think about it

>blocks your warren

If you had bothered to read the books you'd have realized that they are the same character.

thats my point. mcarthy is a hack.

good job

McCarthy borrowed from a lot of sources for The Judge, but I don't believe bunny general was one of them.

i think you might be out of your depth

I imagine the judge to look like this but without the tattoos
>bald guys is 6'8 so they are about the same height

Is that supposed to be a human?

No, he's a space marine

jesus fuck

Little too muscular. He's suppose to be babyish looking, like this.

reminder that james franco has the film rights for blood meridian and will fuck it up like he fucked up as i lay dying and child of god

Just give it to the guys that made no country for old men, and the road was also good for what it's worth

Those two books were the easiest of his to adapt. BM is definitely the hardest.

Yeah, i don't know how they're going to slap a dead baby tree in it. Maybe the creators of there will be blood can do it

it should not be done. the film rights have been traded around hollywood for years. ridley scott had them before franco.......it can't be done

>Listen to a radio version of Watership down
>Pretty good, but Woundwort sounds like Hamsterviel/the Frenchmen form Monty Python, killing almost all tension in his scenes

The rabbit's a met anticipation, the judge is a growing realization. There's no preparing for the Judge who learns more about you than you possibly can about him. Plus, the Judge wins.

Watership Down is an awesome book. I am not sure the right age a child should read it. I read it too young and got very upset by it.

inb4 I am a blubbering oestrogen-soaked faggot, screw you. I was VERY young.

Judge Holden is nothing like Woundwort. I'm not sure he's a more frightening character but he is definitely a more formidable antagonist. Woundwort's vision is flawed and he is limited, as is made clear in the passage when Hazel goes out to bargain with him near the end. And of course he's defeated.

The Judge is obviously Satan, in the same way that Hannibal Lecter is Satan.

fpbp
underrated

The judge is not obviously anything. Mccarthy explicitly stated this in a kind of meta mocking the readers who would try and reduce the judge like that in his line which ends "... for he would not go"

Lel, I was thinking the same.

this is just him channeling Melville and the white whale, he very clearly had something in mind with writing the judge
as another thought, did anyone find Blood Meridian to seem slightly ingenuine? I got the same feeling when I was reading Nabokov, like there's an undercurrent of self-loathing and irony dressed up in technical excellence

Judge Holden is kitsch and always has been. Retarded nerds and schoolmarms find him “terrifying”.

This
I would fuck him up IRL too.