Does beauty still matter? http://138.197.119.75/

Alright here’s the problem. We live in shadowy times. We have lost touch with nature, which has made it much more difficult to appreciate beauty. I think the remedy may be straightforward: we can heal by looking at, discussing, and learning from beautiful things.

I threw together a website that has poems on the left and a comment section on the right. Poetry is the highest form of the word. It is pure. Right doses of the good stuff fills you up with life. To become better people, let’s start a forum around a few landmark poems.

Heres the link:
138.197.119.75/

I’m about to add my own comments on the following poems.
> Lovesong J Alfred Prufrock (Eliot)
> In the station of the metro (Pound)
> Desolation Row (Dylan)
> A Season in Hell (Rimbaud)

>We have lost touch with nature, which has made it much more difficult to appreciate beauty.
Could you elaborate on that please?

i require dns for all my poetry

there’s nothing to elaborate on you passive aggressive faggot, its the only part of the post that isn’t drivel and he’s right in saying it.

i was gonna buy a domain name but it might make things look too official. im just trying to do something fun

I agree completely OP. I too like to look at beautiful things

i didn't mean that in a passive agressive you offensive fuck. I don't disagree with him. Representing the real is always beautiful and there is nothing more real than nature. But I'd like to hear more of his thoughts on the matter.

>Representing the real is always beautiful

so true :)

should the idea of beauty not provoke discomfort?

user I appreciate the enthusiasm BUT:
More extremely short poems.
You can't set up a website to save your life.

what about it is drivel?

what does representing the real mean... is this your description of what beauty is? like something that reaches down to the basic pure and simple parts of life? idk how the baby pic in fits in there

It's important to stray away from the word "beauty" and replace it with "aesthetics" because beauty is confused with things like From Clive Bell, referring to painting:
>Some people may be surprised at my not having called this “beauty.” Of course, to those who define beauty as “combinations of lines and colours that provoke aesthetic emotion,” I willingly conceded the right of substituting their word for mine. But most of us, however strict we may be, are apt to apply the epithet “beautiful” to objects that do not provoke that peculiar emotion produced by works of art. Everyone, I suspect, has called a butterfly or a flower beautiful. Does anyone feel the same kind of emotion for a butterfly or a flower that he feels for a cathedral or a picture; surely, it is not what I call an aesthetic emotion that most of us feel, generally, for natural beauty. I shall suggest, later, that some people may, occasionally, see in nature what we see in art, and feel for her an aesthetic emotion; but I am satisfied that, as a rule, most people feel a very different kind of emotion for birds and flowers and the wings of butterflies from that which they feel for pictures, pots, temples and statues.

Anyway, I obviously support your cause OP.

Ridoy Majumdar

>Eliot
>Beautiful
Dropped.

I disagree, and here's why:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It's not a standard, it's a feeling something gives us.

This is why some people date models and others marry trailer park coke-whores.

One of my favorite quotes is actually from the show "Californication" when Hank Moody is talking to his daughter and says:

>"Happy endings may get a bad rep, but they do happen. And when they do, they’re just as true as the unhappy ones."

There's beauty literally all around you, and it's nobody's responsibility to see it but yours alone.
It's an odd responsibility.

A great example would be that I see a lot of beauty in the sunrise. Sounds cliche, but I make a ritual every morning out of drinking coffee and watching it rise. It's the first thing I do everyday. Most people when they see it care, but don't go out of their way for it.

Meanwhile my friend loves animals. Went to college for it. Loves to care for other living creatures and sees the beauty in coexisting with another species through the language of love. And all I see is a stupid beast who fucked up my couch.

>they're harvesting IP addresses again

shut up fag

MOM'S GONNA FREAK

her body her choice ok shitlord

>We have lost touch with nature, which has made it much more difficult to appreciate beauty
Who is this "we" you speak of?

it means that this here is the greatest piece of art ever conceived.