Joyce fans

Joyce fans

What's the best Joyce book for a short attention spanned brainlet?

Dubliners

Dubliners obviously

Haven't read a single book by him but I'm guessing you should start with Dubliners

Dubliners, obviously

What did he think of Celine?
He must have read journey to the end of the night.

I would say Dubliners

>says Dubliners
>gets Tripliners
what did he mean by this?

joyce is not for you if that's the case. even dubliners isn't gonna go down easy

fw

I'm not op I'msome else, I don't read that much at all but when I was about 16 I read a bit of the Dubliners and I didn't think much of it, didn't find it difficult to understand just didn't see what the big deal was

Ulysses it is then!

Just read The Dead from Dubliners, see what you think.
If you don't like it, wait a few years, try again.

srenilbuD

I mean it's not like Ulysses is hard. people hype it up here as some monumentally difficult task but take it a chapter a day or even every other day. yeah, Proteus (3rd chapter), Oxen of the Sun, and Circe have a lot going on in them, but you don't need to know every single allusion to understand what's happening. just look up each chapter and get a summary for it if you need to. attention span doesn't matter, your attention should be naturally fixated on how brilliant his writing is in whatever style he chooses to emulate.

Unironically, just read Ulysses, take your time, look up what really confuses you (eg "chrysostomos") in an annotated version. It's really, really not that hard.

Dubliners is easy to read but difficult to understand.

if Letters to Nora Barnacle do not hold your attention then you should stop reading

Spongebob is for kids dude i want mature books for mature readers such as myself

I recommend Spongebob the Movie then

finnegan's island

>didn't find it difficult to understand just didn't see what the big deal was

If you understood it, you’d see the big deal.

Don't read dubliners, OP, I am an attention spanlet as well and it was so dull I couldn't even get to the half of it. Try the Portrait instead, or, unironically, Ulysses.

>you just don't get it man
fuck outta here

kek'd

Finnegans Wake

*BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP*
*snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff*...oh yes my dear....*sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff*....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....*sssssssnniff*...eggs I smell?......*sniff sniff*....hmmm...yes...quite so my darling....*sniff*....quite pungent eggs yes very much so .....*ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff*....ah yes...and also....a hint of....*sniff*....cheese.....quite wet my dear....*sniff*...but of yes...this will do nicely....*sniff*.....please my dear....another if you please....nice a big now....
*BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF*
Oh yes...very good!....very sloppy and wet my dear....hmmmmm...is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling.......hmmmmm....hmm..yes....that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear....ah yes....let me guess...curry for dinner?....oh quite right I am....aren't I?....ok....time for sniff.....*sssssnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff*.....hmmm...hhhmmmmm I see...yes....yes indeed as well curry......hmmm....that fragrance is quite noticeable....yes.....onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?.....hmmmmm....yes quite.....
*BBBBBBRRRRRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT*
Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..*sniff*…ah….*ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffff*…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….*sniff sniff*…hmmm….is that….*sniff*….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…*sniff*….a little whiff more if you please…..*ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffff*…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…*sniff*….the most pungent one yet my dear….*ssssnnnnniiiifffffffffffffffffffffff*….yes….
Other Brap Copypastas