Your thoughts on this man

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Alfred_Strom
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>
>
>
only historians will get this

Literally the only good meme Veeky Forums had and it was absolutely beaten to death by redditors. A testament to how terrible that board is.

Professional shitposter, good writer but not particularly insightful. Would probably have browsed Veeky Forums.

>Holy
>Roman
>Empire
>>Implying

>only R*dditors will get this

ftfy btw that meme has become stale on Veeky Forums because of posters like you.

Oh yeah, almost forgot

>t. butthurt kraut lol xDDDD

the first reddit user

"Jesus wept. Voltaire smiled."
- Victor Hugo

I think i remember reading in madame bovary, that he went insane and ate his own shit. Did he? Or was the apothecary just being an asshole?

Wasn't that de Sade?

don't be mean, friend.

If he was alive today he'd be the man writing original copypasta.

This man... in my country, he is nothing.

Isn't this the start of the Japanese user copypasta on marakumi

nah man, that's a bonafide original

I've never understood this meme. Is it meant to refer to pic relate?

it's probably a pol thing cuz he has that one quote anti-semites love

OG shitposter

Rousseau>

Amusing, charming, brave, witty, insightful. But not altogether deep. Navigates the world horizontally, brutally, humanely.

Diderot >

SURELY THIS IS THE BEST OF ALL POSSIBLE WORLDS

Candide was so terrible I couldn't bear to read it through, altough that is to some extent Leibniz's fault

>Literally the only good meme Veeky Forums had
it was forced by a handful of faggots with all their might soon after Veeky Forums was made, it was horrendous from the start

obviously

voltaire is better known for being a witty fop than for having written anything of substance

I like his writing, even if he isn't really deep. He is basically shitposting half the time.

The first month on Veeky Forums were pretty good, some good funposting and some actually informative content, but it was all downhill from then

He would have been good if he wrote short stories, but Candide dragged on like a bitch.

I enjoyed it for the first week desu

Read Candide by Voltaire and enjoyed it. Any other books woth reading by him?

worth*

Micromegas, and his various essays.
Candide was his best work in my opinion.
His essays are good for understanding the enlightenment in France since he was an important figure, but in today's society his views are rather uninteresting since they've become the norm (atheism, religious and cultural tolerance etc...).

I’ll read that then, thanks a lot, user.

based

Listen, i getchu, but remember the scene where the monkeys were hanging from dem women's pubic hair?

It's actually from a whignat pedo.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Alfred_Strom

L'ingenu.

The problem with Voltaire is that he's fine enough if you judge him by literary standards: he is subtle and makes good use of irony. In that sense, he has his own style, which is good. However, if you try to take him seriously, especially the philosophy underlying his works, he's a moron who believed in natural law and that the western societies were evil. Good writer, shit philosopher.

Lol, as if jews were not constantly criticized or made fun of.

Women niggers and transgenders?

*earthquaking intensifies*

try and say something about them in public and see how quickly your entire life gets destroyed

Don’t forget God’s chosen people.