DUDE IRONIC CHIVALRY LMAO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GSFaU4cN-qI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Not realizing it was not ironic

Brainlet

Esto
>op can't differentiate a deconstruction from a reconstruction

Why is Cervantes making a lit comeback? Is he the new Kirkagaarde?

He was never gone.

>One forgotten fact remains that the monastery of Saint Daniel in Hadath El Joubbeh in northern Lebanon harbors a rare document of a noblemen family of Karam tracing back Cervantes to an ancient patriarch, Simonus De Karam Cervantos Kfar Chmim, locally thought to be the great-grandfather of the author and a pillar of early Spanish linguistics.

lol wut

was Don Quixote a misunderstood idealist or a retard?

la grande autismo

Care to elaborate?

both

Get educated

>In short, he became so absorbed in his books that he spent his nights from sunset to sunrise, and his days from dawn to dark, poring over them; and what with little sleep and much reading his brains got so dry that he lost his wits.
He was crazy

I used to not get why Cervantes hated books on chivalry so much until I overheard some people talking about game of thrones
>wasn't that terrible how [some character] died
>yeah, well that's how medieval times really were
In that instant I understood why.

knight books in Cervantes' time were like capeshit today

Why isn’t there a DonQ for capeshit yet

idk jews probably

This.

Don Quixote is crazy and deluded, and yet because his intentions and personality are so noble and his words so profound, he isn’t merely a laughing stock for the reader, but deeply admirable. No matter how many brutal blows he receives, whether it be getting hit by a rock and losing half of his teeth, or being savagely beaten by some slaves he emancipated moments earlier, and a whole host of other misfortunes besides, he never gives up on his mission to right the wrongs of the world and serve the good.

>What is watchmen

Satirical capeshit, still capeshit.

weaponized autism irl

the barber and the priest saved a few chivalry books in the burning chapter, he only hated the capeshit-tier books not everything

Yep. He is the last romance hero in a non romantic world

Have you read DQ user?
Did you enjoy it?

He was the protoSJW
>i perceive in an injustice so it must be real!
>it was real in my mind!

>was Don Quixote a misunderstood idealist or a retard?
Both. He was some senile retard that wanted to go larping as a soldier. Literally his time's Varg. Cervantes used Don Quixote as an allegory about how he believed that chivalry was dumb because even the Don got cucked by his own imagination int he end.
He even had a wifu

there has been lots of attempts of capeshit deconstruction, but none have been groundbreaking, they have been just absorbed by the machine.

This is, by far, the worst take on this thread.

>rescues literal criminals
SJW as fuck

Please, stop embarrassing yourself.

Undermining legislative authority in favor of social justice is a core aspect of the modern SJW. The Knight of the Lions was simply ahead of his time in acting in a similar manner. Hopefully the SJW movement follows his whole character arc: that is to say, eventually realizing that they are lying to themselves in pursuit of a romantic ideal and then (the movement) dying.

Prove me wrong soybean

And don't forget his conversion.

Are you implying that undermining legislative authority in the name of social justice, in a Rawlsian sense, is the same as doing so for chivalric romance?
If you think they are similar because of their "methods", I'd say it was a stretch, but I'd give you a pass. However, surely you'd agree that there is more than one reason to act against authorities. And saying that Quijano's motives were different from those of modern SJWs is a great understatement.

This is the sad truth.

There is. Watch Kick-ass.

Watchmen was groudbreaking desu (though it was absorbed by the machine, with the film adaptation, the spinoffs and the general stupidity of its readers who didn't get its point)

I don't think the priest was meant to show off books Cervantes thought were deserving of being spared. I think it was just a comment about how people can delude themselves into thinking their capeshit was better than other people's capeshit.

Just imagine the priest was a Marvel fanboy and he was going through Quixote's collection of mostly-DC books.

"Ah, Spiderman! He's a hero who shows great responsibility! This should be spared!"

They save one of Cervante's own books too, though it's not a chivalry one

Nope, they actually save foundational works. They burn all the sonic having sex with naruto fanfics

Because capeshit exists solely within comic books and films, both of which are incapable of reaching the sort of artistic value of Cervantes.

legalists are dumb cunts
>the legal is the good
go suck satan's cock some more

pic related, it's legal

At least they didn't start at his dick

KickAss is inferior to Watchmen as far as capeshit deconstruction goes, but I will say that KickAss is more of a Don Quixote than say, Rorschach.

youtube.com/watch?v=GSFaU4cN-qI

>at least it wasn't worse
the absolute state of Consequentialist and Legalist thought

>when you don't read the footnotes
Fucking idiot

I'm just saying that it could be worse.

From wich board did you come from?