Why don’t you spend more time reading like you know you should?

why don’t you spend more time reading like you know you should?

because technology constantly distracts me. i could probably get through a 200-350 page book every day if i stopped wasting time here.

if i read the amount of time i spent on my phone and useless web apps every day id be finishing 5-7 books a week

when i read now i turn off my computer and turn off my phone and put it in a drawer in another room. it's the only way i can concentrate. the internet offers a lot of information but little in the way of knowledge. Veeky Forums is just as addicting as facebook or whatever else the normies are into. and i still play video games, which is also mostly a waste of time. i have a lot of bad habits to break.

because I am a bad person and unworthy son

ur an unworthy son cuz u turned urself tranny by watching all those jap cartoons

i just read 100 pages straight, which is hardly an accomplishment, but yeah you're right I know I should be reading more.

>Veeky Forums is just as addicting as Facebook
Bingo. And just as bad for your brain.

I don’t read because I should, I read because and when I want to. Get out pseuds.

Obviously, but shouldn't your wants be more substantial, aka, focused on reading?

because im a piece of shit with no discipline or self control

Why should they?

>Veeky Forums is just as addicting as facebook or whatever else the normies are into
Veeky Forums's far worse. One of the things I like about Facebook is that it's terrible, so I can quickly scroll to see if any of my friends are doing anything interesting/funny and then shut it down. Refreshing for precious (you)s is far more addictive.

Interesting how this board fetishises what is ultimately a passive, consuming activity as a productive way to spend time.

>he's content being a lowly and unsophisticated wretch occupying himself with meaningless circuses for the everyman

Because for some reason even though I'm neet, I'm content to browse here 12 hours a day, masturbate and then watch a film or two before going to bed and doing it all over again. I've done this for 3 years and it hasn't failed me. In the past I've had little surges of motivation to do something more sometimes months at a time of reading for 10 hours a day but I eventually feel sad and I come back here to feel happy and laugh.

Based trips of truth dealing out the harsh reality checks. I'm off to read.

This, I absolutely hate the Facebook UI, it's like they're trying to push you away.

cause some of us have homework to do every night. gotta have a stable career so i can have time to write books when i retire.

I always read at night since I can't during the day due to too many distractions going on. It's a fucking nightmare.

i know what you mean. i also get that feeling that i should be out socializing even though when i do go out ill just be thinking about how i would rather be making progress on that book back at home.

>like you know you should?
Why?

I don't think it's the interface for me, it's the lack of content. Mind you, I don't have many Facebook friends. Some of the ones I do have are smart/academic and do sometimes post interesting articles, but it doesn't happen all that often. 99% of what I see on Facebook is completely, instantly ignorable.

Right because people in 1999 read 5-7 books a week.
When we weren't watching Jerry Springer, that is