I want to take the Schopenhauer pill. Where do I start with him, Veeky Forums?

I want to take the Schopenhauer pill. Where do I start with him, Veeky Forums?

Schopenhauer is very accessible so dive in with either the magnum opus (World as Will and Representation) or the compilation books of essays and aphorisms for his views on minor topics.

Get everything from Cambridge:
On the Fourfold Root of the Principle of Sufficient Reason
The World as Will and Representation Vol 1 & 2
The Two Fundamental Problems of Ethics
Parerga and Paralipomena

Easiest place to start is Essays and Aphorisms.
Having read Berkeley and Kant before Schopenhauer (World as Will and Representation) is advised. You can just start World as Will and stop if you realise you need to do some other reading.

On women

I'm new to metaphysics etc
I've just read Kant's Prolegomena and his three critiques, should I read Schopey or Hegel first?

Yes I'm dead serious.

I don't think it's a big deal which you read first. If you want to read Schop first go for it.

here

imagine being such a loser you built your entire career on being sore about getting dumped

how commodified has knowledge become when people will use phrases like "I want to take the [philosopher] pill", as if ideas are just fun little hobbies that you just "get into"

Simply read about the Fourfold Root principle (it's obligatory, without it you'll not understand his philosophy) and dive into the World and Will man

Birth is bad and poodles are good.

The phrase stems from Matrix in which taking the red pill is a gateway to an experience of true reality, an escape from illusion and deception.

it's not a XTC pill. OP expresses indirectly his suspicion that learning from schopenhauer will allow him to move closer to truth.

fuck off, tryhard

You start with Kant, like you would know from Schopenhauer if any of you read him.

>the guy who recommends to just jump into The World as Will

(pressed enter too early)

>introduction of it makes the reader aware that there is no point in reading it if you are not fully familiar with Kant

well if you are gonna go down that route, you should start with descartes and hume before kant

then again you need to read something else before and keep going back til you start with the greeks

>then again you need to read something else before

Wrong.

Also you don't need Hume and Descartes before Kant.

Hume broke Kant.

kek

t. Pinker

>Hume broke Kant.
Kant was hihgly influenced by Hume

OP here, so Kant before Schopper and start with this is the way to go?