Diversity studies literature

Diversity studies major here. Recommend me some books

Other urls found in this thread:

tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/21604851.2017.1376275?journalCode=ufts20
heterodoxacademy.org/research/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fuck off /pol/

If you are a declared major can you recommend me some books i actually would like to read a more diverse set of writers.

I'm a communist.

fuck off liberal

Gommunism : D Br

Diversity isn't about politics, it's about empathy and basic human decency. The golden rule, you know? It is the right who tries to politicize and divide people

back to your cointainment board you shitters

For those actually serious about diversity. Not for shitters.

start with the greeks

The weird thing is that some actually think this unironically

Yes preach brothers and sisters, aliens and shemales.

I dont want those books from patriarchal white guys.

Ever considered suicide?

Modern leftists are actually part of the leveling force that is global neoliberal capitalism, they are the bureaucrats of panopticon hellworld, running HR and marketing for the mega corps and imposing one language and one truth. Cultures are emptied of content and reduced to one dimensional representations of themselves in the diverse panopticon. Identities are ahistorical managerial masscult products

what?

it's a good sounding formula that no one would actually disagree with that they use to justify the most absurd things and actions

Your statement is symptomatic of the same: you project first world paradigms into all individuals and cultures at once. Foucault is not your mate, bruv.

>Diversity isn't about politics, it's about empathy and basic human decency.
Read: you're oppressing me by not doing [arbitrary new right-do]
>The golden rule, you know?
You're the villains, any sort of open discussion coming from you is tantamount to the holocaust

> you project first world paradigms into all individuals and cultures at once.
Hmmm yeah how blind could you be to project this

Yeah post modernism is a shit.
I guess this holds true for social democrats, liberals and most marxists as well.
#notmycommrades

I agree with you bros. We need to have a separate party from the Rainbow Club. Afraid they'll just call us /pol/ or altright anyway.

>I dont want those books from patriarchal white guys.
Yes you do, you said you wanted diversity. That means including everyone. And if you include everyone, those are the ones you should focus on, they're the best.

Also Greeks aren't white.

Does anyone have a college reading list from the 1950's?

anything pre-2000 or written by men aren't allowed

read the thread, diversity only

Yeah because point of reference is totally projecting.
Your bullshit isn't contributing anything of value. It's literally memes in that it assumes signs do not have a pragmatic ground. the pragmatic maxium has been around for a long time now. Follow it. Deconstruction and especially social constructivism is fucking silly and for Frogs that dont understand Peirceian semiotic.

"Diversity studies major here".That a strange way to sat that you are a retard

If you actually want to know what starts jihiad it is first the oil imperialism, then the carpet bombings, then the pro-exxon rulers that fund wahabbism, then the carpet bombings, then drone strikes, and especially the bombs.
Terrorism starts at home and the violent reactionary sects of islam are instagated funded, and propagated from oil imperialism.
You want to know how to radicalise muslims? Drone strike some goat herding children and see what there village does.
Still most just want to live a peaceful existence and are afriad of the reactionaries and the bombers flying overhead.
You don't understand anything and are in fact a libtard yourself.

By this point, I would regard an Islamic takeover of the west as preferable to the continuation of gynocratic corporate lgbtqia liberalism, and I'm saying this as a hardcore right winger. Gee maybe the jihadis were right about America being the Great Satan

Yeah, ok. Do you work fot google? I have found old reading lists a few years ago and now they're all memory-holed. The oldest I could find was a 1985 list from UC Berkeley.

I was joking but if true that's legitimately scary. 1985 is not too far off from 2000

No it isn't, you fucktard

Are you serious nigger? What the fuck? Guys, ignore the larping communists and the diversity trolls for just a second. Stop the thread. How close exactly are the feds to being able to literally conduct 1984?

The Western Canon is full of fags, women and spics. What more do you need?

>I'm saying this as a hardcore right winger.
Why is that surprising? You always had a lot in common with jihadists and other reactionaries.

they're actually beginning to implement it in China. The Chinese, being bug people, are not even mad about this and seem to actually welcome it, but the answer is that the technology is already here.

>these ugly unfuckable undefined soft people
jesus the left is FUBAR

Orwell was writing about the liberal present dude, not the future... Which extends to our present

they're not the safe fags women and spics

Marginalized people wanting respect and demanding more from society surely they should just be cucks instead.

>the left doesn't politicize people at every opportunity
>just every aspect of them

And to think that the american "left" are the ones in favor of gun prohibition.

You don't get to demand respect from me, cockroach.

>unironically posting an engraved meme square
user wtf

Lol how can you call up the golden rule you contradictory, hypocritical fucks

The idea that mutual respect should be even a debate... o tempora

they're spineless hypocritical fucks

>unironically

What exactly do you mean by "respect" and "demanding more from society"? And what groups of people are you referring to? Like someone else already said, the Western canon is full of gays. Most books published nowadays are by women. Hispanics dominated the second half of the 20th century in terms of literature (Bolaño, Borges, Marquez, Vargas Llosa, etc.). East Asians are doing their own thing and get a lot of love on Veeky Forums. Is "marginalized people" just a euphemism for blacks?

they're vampires and leeches of civilization

Yes it is. Leftists deliberately say everything is politics. Why are leftists so shit at their own rules?

I mean the unattractive, physically or learning disabled,etc. That pic is not a bunch of chads for a reason. What i don't get is why similarly incel uggos(pol9k) dickride the system that marginalizes them.

because their rules are not actual rules, they are just sticks to smack the Right with. See that asshole Alinsky who just came out and wrote a book detailing how they're all sociopathic liars

go back

because clamoring for gibs is inherently degrading

Go back to Africa or whatever shithole country you're from if being a minority is so bad. The simple truth is the very concept of society has nothing to do with "marginalized people", it's a western invention and these "people" who while benefiting from it immensely actually demand more and special treatment. Marginalized parasites would be a better term.

we're all leftists here. neoliberals got to go

>"the simple truth is"
Always stop reading after that
Oh yeah survival is degrading. You are so above it. Fuck off with your fedora shit.

There are a ton of uggo authors. Look at 90% of female writers (not even a diss, I worship Virginia Woolf despite her big ass nose). The physically disabled are probably underrepresented because they don't make us a large percentage of the general population, and are probably more concerned with building some semblance of a normal life than with writing great literature.

>learning disabled
Am I being trolled?

We're literally in the Decline of the Roman Empire when they were paying the Huns as he was ravaging freely because he was "Roman general"
late empire Romans were so cucked, I recommend you guys reading the episodes where they get humiliated

>survival
>"Why is my writing not being published and promoted?"
peak bourgeois

>who is sartre
>who is name every single artistic loser that was marginal and became canon posthumous

>h survival
They're all fat m8, these people aren't in danger of anything lmao

Go look. I'm serious.
I don't know if it's google or the colleges, but I can't find old reading lists anymore.

Whipping Girl by Julia Serano
The Autobiography of Malcolm X

>fat

this. this

they're ideological zombies, last men sheltered by their structures

what are you talking about, kant and sartre were like 4'2", horribly looking people have always done well in literature and philosophy

even socrates was a walking joke even if he was kind of a chad

I was not talking about literature, was talking about why those kids are right to be communists.

is 'fat' hate speech now, I must have missed that development. what are we saying now, 'marginalized body compositions'

Overweight or obese

fat is ok
tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/21604851.2017.1376275?journalCode=ufts20
>The authors consider how heteronormative temporal arrangements regulate fat bodies. Fat bodies, like normative bodies, are made meaningful in relation to normative notions of time. Fat bodies, however, fail to “keep up” with normative tempos. Accordingly, the authors explore how fat bodies are always already positioned outside of these (hetero)normative timelines by analyzing three temporal markers of “straight” life, or normative rites of passage, that mark “progress” in a heteronormative timeline: marriage, reproduction/childrearing, and death. First, the authors argue that subjects are only successful within heteronormative sequential temporal schemes of living if they are normatively sized and shaped, evidenced by discourses encouraging weight loss as a solution to finding a spouse, successfully reproducing and rearing children, and ensuring a long life and garnering wealth to pass onto future generations. Second, they contend that cyclical time governs the ways in which (fat) women’s bodies are managed, specifically regarding the gaining and losing of weight in accordance with normative markers of time. Overall, the authors explore how fat subjects are limited or constricted by chrononormativity. However, rather than positioning these limitations as wholly oppressive of fat subjects, the authors conclude that queer/ed fat temporalities offer opportunities for reimagining different ways of life and time.

>Some of the shit bought most with food stamps is soda and junk food

Ah yes survival

You should've been clearer senpai. But yeah, fucked up people tend to be driven to extreme ideologies, left and right. This has been a thing since forever. Like pointed out fucked up people were also driven to philosophy for whatever reason.

>climate
Ah yes, the same excuse for black violence.

The thing is this honestly isn't worse than the normal stuff being published in the humanities. Like it's just par for the course

Being fucked up is a matter of opinion of the "technique" (as ellul has it) of a society; these people aren't fucked up they are fucked over.

>inb4 people confuse consistency for necessity

I would reccomend you some dead white guys

>Diversity studies major here
How to Kys, by Gobak Toorediti

>Diversity studies major here.
Just Google some shithole country writers and there you go.
Protip: Do not search for countries that use English, French, Italian, Russian and Spanish.

I read nectar in a sive and thought it was pretty good

Infinity Jest

We are all human beings.

But books written by people with black skin are implicitly different than books written by people with white skin.

>Diversity studies major
i hope your parents are at least rich

>Diversity studies

Jesus christ could you have picked a more useless major?

>Diversity studies major here.

Reminder to report all /pol/ and /pol/bait threads.

what's a /pol/?

People who complain about 'diversity' and 'political correctness gone mad' are just angry reactionary white dudes who feel threatened because marginalized folks are finally getting treated with the bare minimum of empathy and human decency

The French translation of how to learn French.

what are you talking about? everybody loves diversity

>we need diversity, goyim!
>no no, not political diversity of thought, no, only gender and racial diversity!
>no not that either, I want a class consisting of half black half women, to indoctrinate them into victimhood

heterodoxacademy.org/research/

>folks
Everytime. I hate Americans.

In case OP is serious, here's my best picks from Pajeetistan/Iran
>Sagun Bhakti movement - Mirabai
>Nirgun bhakti/Sufi - Kabir, Amir Khushro, Rumi
>pre-1947 realism - Premchand

No joke, nazis have more diverse bookshelves than college leftists.

Stop making posts like this. They're retarded.

A leftist in this thread made a relatively stupid post and got a lot of replies mocking him. That post was apparently deleted and all the replies are gone, too. Do things like this happen regularly on this board?

he's right tho

>more diverse bookshelves than college leftists.
not exactly difficult though. This is like saying 'more diverse bookshelves than a Catholic Priest'. I mean it's going to be a pretty limited and specific selection

Burnt books don't count user

prove it