Was he really that smart?

Was he really that smart?

I'm so smart. Why does no one around me appreciate that? I'm talented and all in all better than most people around me... I just want to be appreciated, you know?

he was wise but that´s another story

He was an overlooked and underappreciated writer who was rediscovered several decades after his time, precisely because he was so far ahead of his time.

>he was so far ahead of his time.
How so?
What do you mean?

Essentially yes. A lot of his work that's quoted is his special snowflake/edgy quotes where he holds contrary positions and says yeah it's edgy but that's the way it is. But there's always that tinge of genius to it. Mostly I'd say his genius is most noticeable and in it's purest form in Beyond Good and Evil where he attacks the foundations upon which the entirety of Western philosophy was derived. While his contemporaries were following these principles to other conclusions with different modes of thinking Nietzsche was completely discrediting the entirety of Western philosophy. Truly on original mind

And then we got 9yo trannies and immigrant flooding, because that big headed faggot eroded our civilizations ciments. Thanks neeches!

no smarter than a contemporary philo grad student who pushes the limits of nootropics, dummy

Thats on capitalism boi

But he did it more than a century ago and without nootropics, he was actually a casual opiates user afaik, the complete opposite of a nootropic!

If you want real truth, go read some knee chee.

He was a genius.

also cocaine. don't know about you, but when i take opiates my mind races with ideas and fills itself with waking dreams

Same, but I can never make something out of it
I'm trying to quit tho so please stop talking about them

free drinks and a pizza

Short answer, "yes" with an "if." Long answer, "no" with a "but."

i'm enamored by this guy. someone who's read his works extensively, let me ask you something: what is it about him? what did he possess from the horrors he endured in his upbringing that allowed him to write such glorious masterpieces of philo?

a Soul

Hahaha how can Nietzsche be real hahha like nigga just do math hahah

>tries to derive math from pure logic
>fails miserably
What did he mean by this?

gay post desu i'd be ashamed

Stop being in your nietzschean phase

it was just a prank, bro

What comes after the Nietzschean phase?

Probably deleuzian phase or just going back to the greeks and staying there for ever phase

Didn't Nietzsche want us all to back to the greeks?

Yeah but who cares those are his own values craft your own nignog

he liked the Romans better than the greeks, which alone is enough to discount all his opinions

will is everything
gud 4 u user i mean it

No. He was a clever university professor, that's all.
Most of his observations were inevitable given the circumstances.

Yeah bro thats why academia only got at his level like 40 years after his death haha totally just your average joe

sure it was

Trust him.

>I don't understand Gödel incompleteness theorem.
Given any finite set of axioms the dichotomy holds: There are things you can't prove from them; Your system has a paradox somewhere.
You can't prove any possible proposition from the axioms of first order logic. The same way you can't prove any proposition from any set of finite axioms. What this leaves to us is either: Have "Mathematics" be whatever up to now we think is worthy of the title or; A positivist but still arbitrary approach such as "Mathematics is rigorous stuff."

Yeah thats why we are making fun of Russell

He was organically disenchanted with the common social path at a young age due to familial circumstances, experienced states of pain followed by elation thanks to his health, and started with the Greeks. He was the perfect man to philosophize and write what he did.

>tfw my case is similar but I'm a brainlet
jdimsa

Thus faith in God is a prerequisite for all proof.

thank you

He was for philosophy what Black Metal is to music. Some don't understand it and try to besmirch it, same for Nietzsche. Anti-philosophy.

He was a pretty smart guy, yeah.

If Nietzsche was so smart how could his sister have been such a brainlet?

this but I hope you're not a commie

Putting aside a glorification of his loneliness and a tenancy to typify people according to categories, Yes.

Heidegger next.

The smartest.