/Atlanta meet up(date)/

Hello again! The second ATL meet up happened last Friday, and 5 people showed up altogether. I hope it isn't presumptuous to say that we all had a good time, but we did in fact have a good time.

Tentatively, the meeting this week will take place this Thursday evening. Email us for the time/location.

Re: writing critique, we have a few writers among us, and so we're opening that up for this week. If you have a piece of writing you'd like critiqued, feel free to bring some copies in for everyone to take home. Real-time reading/criticism was considered, but it would probably be too shallow, so this seems like a better alternative. Of course, we're open to other suggestions.

Again, if you're interested, contact litlanta @ gmail and let's get Veeky Forumstered or something. I'm running out of puns.

litlanta gathering confirmed for worlds best meetup with most fun-having and also best actual literature discussion hands down

Bump for the (probable) best lit group in ATL.

definite best lit group in atl.... in the nation? (possible)

>have a date thursday
lmao cya nerds next week maybe?

In the...world?? (feasible)

Stop on by if it goes badly, we'll be there for a while! And yeah there will probably be one next week as well

Why the fuck would you not bring your date to a Veeky Forums meetup when given that opportunity?

will the location be wheelchair accessible?

Honest to god I can't remember exactly. I'm pretty sure it is though it'd be strange if it wasn't

It'd be even worse if I showed up and couldn't get in and my mom had to make a scene... so can you figure that out? I'd really like to come. I'm pretty shy but usually that's because I don't know what to talk about besides books :(

I checked their site and they say it is, so you should be good user! We try to get everyone involved in the conversation too so don't worry about that

What did you guys talk about?

literature mostly. a discussion of infinite jest and also some shilling of musil’s the confusions of young torless. also latin.

Okay... I'm 39 is that going to be weird?

What's with the exclamation point!

no!! we have a 34 year old attendee youre in good company.

whats wrong with genuine enthusiasm baby?

I was lying and wow that's incredibly creepy.

wit ya hand lol

But those buildings are in Sandy Springs. Are you guys ATL or a bunch or OTPtards? Asking for a friend.

Appreciated but no one needs to see how fat I am.

Is the email litlanta or litatlanta?

im actual ATL i keep telling OP to use the pencil building instead but our most successful threads had that picture and hes like baseball levels of superstitious.

the former

Lit atlanta

Yeah it'd be weird. Thanks for staying away.

Not from Atlanta or even the US for that matter but I gotta say pretty cool that you guys actually go and meet up with other anons. Never met a person from Veeky Forums in real life. Would be cool to talk books like we do here in person. Keep at it bros.

I know right. Though we have Indiachan meetups a few times here, but they've not been all that good.

>baseball levels of superstitious
I mean it works, doesn't it? (:^

can you stop being a weirdo liar in our thread? it isnt funny.

We Reddit now?

kek

>our thread

O we really reddit now

Define reddit for me please? The meet up was basically Veeky Forums irl, however you want to take that

u must be new if you think Veeky Forums meetups havent been happening for years nd years

lmoa @ you nerds, come catch me in Boston, the lit-est city in the UN, that's right I said UN, I might even let you come to our meetup. Only one rule: you must be a published author, and you have to be fluent in Latin; it's the only language we speak.

unironically i will be coming

bump for posterity

Don't pay him or her any attention, we have the bestest group anywhere in the universe, including all the Dr Who universes AND Rick and Morty universes (which are more than we can count lol)

Sort of, we have a thread on REddit as well.

Fuck you, nigga.

It's okay, we enjoyed your company =)

Awww, I know y'all did. ^_^

Who the fuck are you people? Go back

That's two rules you literal cretin, how can you expect me to take your group seriously?

=^_^ You are warnt friend?

>Who the fuck are you people? Go back
I've been here longer than you.

So what what does that prove maybe you need a life or something idk are you going to come to the meetup or just be a troll

>>That's two rules you literal cretin, how can you expect me to take your group seriously?
>he hasn't read Hegel
Please don't come to my group

I'm going and I'm going to crack your skull stupid. Sic ergo sum.

>>That's two rules you literal cretin
>he's never heard of a compound proposition
>he thinks every proposition can have at most one atomic constituent

But I did go to the meetup, silly. I was replying to the user who lied and said he was 39 years old.

Why wait? Why not just meet at Harvard square tomorrow? I'll be the super jacked looking dude wearing a white tanktop and brown chinos.

Oh you... hey...

Y-you too.

gay

>implying p ^ q makes any fucking difference when somebody's explanation leads to confusion
Keep your audience in mind, rhetorical babby

>Keep your audience in mind
I explicitly stated that only the most e/lit/e audiences were welcome at my meetups.

all me

No you didn't you mentioned being a published author and speaking latin

You're not coming back are you? I'm not saying don't but are you? It's fine if you are, just need a heads up if you need to join us again.

Whose meetups?

Stop pretending, user. Everybody's welcome at our meet ups.

Ah, the old reverse psychology tactic. Was the first meet up that bad? I'm not surprised, Southerners are fucking heat-addled smooth brains.

>Southerners
The absolute state of the reading comprehension of this board
*implicitly

>thinks I'm going to bother reading his faggy thread

All I see is "Atlanta meet up," Atlanta is in Georgia, therefore, you're fucking Southerners. I don't care how long you've been there, whether you were born there, or in fucking Newfoundland. You live in Atlanta, you're a cousin fucking southerner

holy shit

>Veeky Forums irl
Would a James Joyce BRAP joke have been met with hearty laughter or disapproving silence? I'll only come if it's the former.

laughter, but if you misquote you lose a finger

Can /Alabama/ come?

damn right

How many hours are you willing to drive to experience shitposting in corporeal form?

i swear a woman wrote this post

Is it just some lads getting drunk downtown or what is it

some lads getting drunk closer to the east side but also some not getting drunk and mostly talking about literature or literature related topics.

If I’m in the area i would drop by if these keep happening

Listen, my user, you don't need to be well read to post on this board; frankly you don't even need to read. And by you I mean (You) However, my European friend, I would at least hope that you would read the posts written by the poster to whom you're replying.