/thread

King Lear
Hamlet
Antony and Cleopatra

That’s debatable. If we only measure in terms of influence, it’s probably
1. Hamlet
2. Macbeth
3. Romeo and Juliet
My favorites are Hamlet and Julius Caesar, along with A Midsummer Night’s Dream cause it’s his first play I read and I’ll always be fond of it for that

Titus
Romeo and Julio
Macbeth

1. Novum Organum
2. The New Testament
3. The Tempest

Lear
Hamlet
Othello

(Some substitutes are acceptable for 3rd place, including Macbeth, Anthony & Cleopatra, Twelfth Night, Henry IV Part 1.)

There is no such thing as best from a middling writer appealing to his era's plebeian audience. Don't let the Bloom groupies trick you.

Hamlet
A Midsummer Night's Dream
The Merry Wives of Windsor

>Midsummer

King Lear>1 Henry IV>Macbeth. Anything else is dengerate

A different question: What are his best:
-Tragedy
-Comedy
-History

Top one in each category.

Macbeth
Midsummer Night's Dream
Henry V

My
Diary
Desu

I don't get the love for Antony and Cleopatra. Just because it arguably has his best poetry does not make it one of his best plays. Read his comedies and get educated.

Hamlet
The Tempest
Macbeth

King Lear
Hamlet
Othello

The next two:
Twelfth Night
Henry IV Part 1

Tragedy and your top one is wrong.

If the Tempest isn't on your list, you're incorrect. Probably MacBeth, too

1. The Tempest
2. The Merchant of Venice
3. A Midsummer Night's Dream

Hamlet is overrated garbage.

Tempest
Hamlet
Othello

Hamlet is the most prescient study of modernity ever published, artistically executes what Kierkegaard spent most of his oeuvre trying to do philosophically, and will remain relevant and fascinating for patricians for centuries after the mind housing your shitty and uneducated opinions has rotted in the dirt.

A Midsummer Night's is apparently his only completely original plot. Always felt there was something a little different about it, in a good way

Whether it is his best play or not, it is his defining play, the way Don Quixote defined Cervantes and Faust defined Goethe.

New Atlantis
Anatomy of Meloncholy
The Tempest

fpbp

Tragedy - Lear
Comedy - Midsummer Night's Dream
History - Henry IV Part 2

Only right answer
1. Hamlet
2. Lear
3. Othello/Anthony & Cleopatra/Macbeth

The better question is who are his best 3 characters.
Rosalind
Hamlet
Iago
(special mention to Falstaff)

Hamlet
Coriolanus
The Tempest

I've already given this answer for the plays, pretty much.
As for characters:

Gold: Falstaff
Silver: Hamlet
Bronze: Cleopatra

Honourable mentions: Lear, Imogen, Prince Hal
Dishonorable mentions: Iago, Lady Macbeth, Richard III

Never got the big deal about Lady Macbeth. Macbeth himself seems like the god-tier star of the play to me. I'd put him bronze behind Hamlet and Falstaff.

I think one could easily make a case for Hanlet, Macbeth, or King Lear as the greatest play Shakespeare wrote. Problem is with him he’s so fucking good that it’s pretty much impossible to pick just three. And even reading his least known plays I find myself thinking “this is incredible, why does no one read this these days?”

Yeah, maybe. Certainly most would agree with you, I think. Macbeth just never "clicked" for me as a character.
Lady Macbeth just seems utterly convincing and utterly terrifying, though not all that detailed. She's the perfect supporting character.

Tragedy: King Lear
Comedy: Twelfth Night
History: Henry IV Part 1

Best 3 characters:
Hamlet
Falstaff
Iago