What are the books that, to you...

What are the books that, to you, are full to the brim with prose that makes you dribble with pre come with its perfection of language on page.

Gormenghast Gormenghast Gormenghast Gormenghast Gormenghast Gormenghast Gormenghast Gormenghast Gormenghast Gormenghast Gormenghast Gormenghast Gormenghast Gormenghast Gormenghast Gormenghast Gormenghast Gormenghast Gormenghast Gormenghast

This.

To The Lighthouse

Anne Proulx

Starship troopers. It has a good message as well desu

my nigga

Stoner

East of Eden

Tender is the Night - Fitzgerald
Heart of Darkness - Conrad
Book of the New Sun - Wolfe

>Tender is the Night - Fitzgerald
My brother of African descent.

>devil to pay in the backlands in (portuguese)
>moby dick
>ulysses

Don Quijote.

Uncle Tom's Cabin; no other book has caused me to re-read the same pages over and over just for the joy of it.

If you like rich sweet happy funny high-calorie prose you can sink your teeth into, Under Milk Wood (Dylan Thomas) is where it's at.

THE STORY SO FAR:-
Mr Pugh's one dream in life is to poison his wife.
NOW MEET THEM AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE:

MRS PUGH
Persons with manners,

SECOND VOICE
snaps Mrs cold Pugh,

MRS PUGH
do not nod at table.

FIRST VOICE
Mr Pugh cringes awake. He puts on a soft-soaping smile: it is sad and grey under his nicotine-eggyellow weeping walrus Victorian moustache worn thick and long in memory
of Doctor Crippen.

MRS PUGH
You should wait until you retire to your sty,

SECOND VOICE
says Mrs Pugh, sweet as a razor. His fawning measly quarter-smile freezes. Sly and silent, he foxes into his chemist's den and there, in a hiss and prussic circle of cauldrons and phials brimful with pox and the Black Death, cooks up a fricassee of deadly nightshade, nicotine, hot frog, cyanide and bat-spit for his needling stalactite hag and bednag of a pokerbacked nutcracker wife.

Yeah, wasn't even a question.

Of Human Bondage - Somerset Maugham

"After blearily looking at the internet a little, then peeing and brushing his teeth and washing his face, he lay in darkness on his mattress, finally allowing the simple insistence of the opioid, like an unending chord progression with a consistently unexpected and pleasing manner of postponing resolution, to accumulate and expand, until his brain and heart and the rest of him were contained within the same songlike beating—of another, larger, protective heart—inside of which, temporarily safe from the outside world, he would shrink into the lunar city of himself and feel and remember strange and forgotten things, mostly from his childhood."

every page is breathtaking

Reddit.

If you say so, Tao

Ulysses, and pretty much everything by Joyce, even Finwake in small doses
In Search of Lost Time
Ralph Waldo Emerson's poetry
William Blake's poetry

Emerson's poetry has the best prose.

Reading JA Baker fills my heart with an enthusiasm for language and the world language depicts.

Alternatively, I'd say Sallinger's prose bursts with so much humanity. He has such an understated but purposeful eye for detail and character.

Wuthering Heights
Under the Volcano

Lord of the Rings. Something about the way he writes dialogue just grabs me.

Pynchon is the prose master. Name one person who can do what he does