Hedonism

>hedonism

why not hook yourself 24/7 on a perfect concoction of dopamine-releasing drugs and then, once your brain is fried, kill yourself painlessly?

>inb4 muh hedonic treadmill

not lit
>inb4 muh nagle
You aren't here to discuss literature

>why not hook yourself 24/7 on a perfect concoction of dopamine-releasing drugs and then, once your brain is fried, kill yourself painlessly?

Sounds good to me famalam

I don't have high enough confidence that the other things I value, or that are otherwise a part of my identity i would lose from this situation, I really only care about because they're instrumental to "pure pleasure" because of some poorly developed folk psychology

>implying I'm not

"its all just brain chemicals man" is not a sufficient explanation here, even if you're fully committed to naturalism, physicalism about the mind, etc. The complete removal of all possible dissatisfaction in favor of a state of blank un interrupted bliss seems like it would require the annihilation of my consciousness as I understand it. We can avoid these issues by swapping to the "experience machine" version of this thought experiment -- but it seems like in order to enjoy the machine the part of me that understood it was just a dream would have to be destroyed.

>implying that the mind lives in the brain

what

>speaking of dopamine
>tfw society only turned against smoking because dopamine released by cigarettes results in less compulsion for alternative dopamine releasing activities like shopping, thereby reducing consumer expenses
literally the moment econobergsteins noticed this everything flipped.

> the "experience machine" version of this thought experiment
Uhhh have you ever taken dxm?

e hhhhhhhfguugf

I get what you're saying honestly

link to paper

Wtf I smoke now

There is none, and this isn't a formal argument, it's just me spewing out shit that may or may not have a foundation in truth but sounds reasonable and interesting to me at the moment.

I’d like you to know that it’s poor form to inb4 as OP.

faggot

complete crap smoking was on the wane already before the dopamine economy got into full swing and comparing mcsugar drinks and online shopping dopamine rushes to a cigarette is obscenely stupid
a tip of the penis to you sir :^)

you're a fucking retard.

no one is stopping you from regressing into a base, primitive version of yourself. Dostoyevsky qoute "Above all, do not lie to yourself. A man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point where he does not discern any truth either in himself or anywhere around him, and thus falls into disrespect towards himself and others. Not respecting anyone, he ceases to love, and having no love, he gives himself up to passions and coarse pleasures, in order to occupy and amuse himself, and in vices reaches complete bestiality, and it all comes from lying continually to others and to himself."

And is that what you want for your life? Then so be it. Though some of us aspire to be more than pleasure seekers.

he's obviously reaching out to hedonists

I wish this were true. Then I could smoke. Sadly smoking is terrible for you.

Religions are hedonistic.

>Sadly smoking is terrible for you.
I have yet to see a single argument against smoking that's not hysterical scaremongering.

t. addicted to smoking cant stop holy shit i spend all my money on cigoreets i have lung cancer help me

Statistically there's more non-smokers with cancer than smokers. Hmm...

>smoking stops cancer

Smoking is terrible for you but so is getting up and doing manual labor all day which is why smoking is a working class practice that will live on despite all the legitimate reasons against it

there are more people who don't smoke than do

>Well user what about all these studies that-
>Those scare me. Stop scaremongering.

bc youll be denying yourself years and years of dopamine filled experiences by limiting yourself to one singular short term drug event.

I did this for a year with drugs. Would not recommend.

god you're a fucking idiot

and the idiocy has now morphed into complete brainletism. pic related.

bullshit, smoking started to go out in the 60's and 70's, coincidentally the same time we started shifting to a "service economy". It's not a conspiracy, it's just people shifting from one drug to another. Dopamine is dopamine is dopamine whether it comes from a substance or a behaviour. One of those dopamine packs you can carry around all day for 8 bucks, the other requires a lifetime of slavery to trends and stores. I'd rather be addicted to a substance, although preferably one that's better for you than straight cigs (ie amphetamine + vaping) than addicted to behaviours like most normalfags.

he's pointing out that when people talk about "doubling your risk of X" it means shit when X is uncommon to begin with. Also you and all non smokers ignore the fact that you will also die, perhaps 10 low quality years later, but die you will. Being a faggot won't make you immortal no matter how much quinoa and cum you eat.

>there are more non-smokers than smokers and thus more non-smokers with cancer

this tbch

yeah have fun heaving from being out of breath after walking two blocks

I'm not saying it's a good idea, it's fucking bad for you and I've cut down because of it, but don't pretend like you won't be doing the same 30-40 years from now even if you never smoked in your life. It's all the same

with that logic I might as well do nothing that's good for me cause WELP WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE ANYWAY.

You sound depressed user. Get help brotha.

how do I dopaminemaxx, bros?
I already fap 3 times a day

Cocaine?

lol what a fag

>vaping
Try sucking dick too bruh you'll like it

It isn't actual happiness, only a pale imitation. That or it leads to regret because it's over immediately. Compare eating a good meal to the accomplished feeling of a mile time pr

No, nicotine is an endorphin inhibitor, you enjoy the period after a cigarette where your endorphins return.