Clever book covers thread

Pic related. Post any book cover you thought was cool.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sierpinski_triangle
wiki.c2.com/?JeanYvesGirardOnGoedelEscherBach
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not a book but when I was blown away when pic related clicked for me

Haha book is called blade runner and he is running on blade hoho

I have this on my wall

/tv/ has made me consider unironically buying a print of this

I don't get it... what's clever of this cover? It's just a wall corner.

is he running on the blade madman he actually is

panties n thighs

wall corner and panties and thighs, he's cornered and obsessed.

I don't get it, what clicked?

Best Lolita cover coming through.

Looks like shit a 1st year GD student would come up with after browsing "minimalistic movie posters" for 10 minutes on Pinterest.

Is lolita any good? I was considering reading it but I don't wanna get v&, also, not interested if it's just a loli version of 50 shades

i've tried to buy Lolita on three occasions, but each time my card is declined (it works for buying everything else). Is this a sign?

just use cash lmao

Do you really think people rate the book because of the whole pedophile thing?

i have no idea, that's why i'm asking

Are you actually retarded? Google it or something before you embarrass yourself like this

>not interested if it's just a loli version of 50 shades
You have literally no idea what the book is about. Stop.

>, also, not interested if it's just a loli version of 50 shades
Full body cringe, enough Veeky Forums for a while.

is that legal?

I really enjoyed it and I'm not a pedo not that intelligent or well-read. From what I've heard you'll get even more out of it if you are. No memes, just a very solid Book on an interesting subject.

Why would you ask a question this fucking retarded? Please don't post here again.

yall not very helpful

Since it's such a classic and has such an enthusiastic fanbase, I'll go check it out

It's a German version, prudish Murifag rules don't apply.

everything is legal in binland

Are we still doing this? Cause i've got one that made me chortle the first time I saw it

fucking hell i hate walter benjamin and his comically abstruse language

Even pic related? I found him to be one of the more readable writers of the frankfurt school. Granted I was ass-deep in that kind of language from other writers. It might be unapproachable if I went back to it.

Nabokov didn't want a girl pictured on the cover

that's finnish not german you stupid git

My bad, faggot.

And kafka didn't want a bug on his bug book because he wanted readers to imagine it themselves, were they buddies? kek

Kafka didn't want to be published at all most of the time

Get out of here, mong

that one isn't bad but I swear I read something of his which busted a nut all over my interest in pursuing academia

>this guy posts on Veeky Forums
>anonymously
>you get your book recommendations from him and his ilk
>tfw

A joyous cover for a joyous book.

But she's not thirteen?

to bad this book fucking sucks

what a lame dream opening baka

oh god I'm laughing too much, fucking running on a blade lmao

> figure running on the top

KNIFE FAST

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sierpinski_triangle

> beautiful prose
> amazing quandary between highly rational protagonist and his ability as an unreliable narrator to make you feel sorry for him

It's a solid 10/10 you dumb cunt.

I love the cover for this one but I don't think I would enjoy reading it. How is it, user?

You'll come out a better person if you read it. I hated anything to do with math before I started it. It's quite long, though. His other book, Le ton beau de Marot, is much more digestible if you'd rather focus on literature.

It's fantastic, it finds a beautiful way of discussing esoteric math. Though if you're already into philosophy, the "what is the mind?" portions are going to feel really dated, since hofstadter goes over the Turing test and the concept of ai without even mentioning the chinese room.

Thanks, kind user

That is as hamfisted as a cover can get

It's the greatest English language novel ever written. Your post makes me think you don't deserve to read it for your ignorance

slight exaggeration but the point stands

I love this cover, it's beaten out only by this one

step aside, plebs

This
Wordsworth’s covers are on another level

>he fell for the unreliable narrator meme

I'm a big fan of this edition, it's just so well constructed.

if i ever met the cunts who designed either of those i'd give em right for

You should give up on reading critically.

Is this DeathGips

kek

STOP POSTING FUCKING LOLITA SHIT FUCK

i have on my wall

with all the funposting on this board it's a miracle you take any recommendations as serious

>leave Veeky Forums for about 6 months
>I come back this morning
>see this post

Well boys that's it for me.

you'll do fuck all

>tfw I'm an artist about to finish my first novel and I have no idea what to do about the cover

this is fake right?

Name a better one. Moby Dick is the only one I've ever read that I thought was about equal

>I just made an account at spark.adobe so I can make covers for all the fanfiction I download.
This is so stupid, but I love it.

stock photos + photoshop

or get a designer

Would you care to explain why, you fucking cunt?

That's hamfisted as fuck

Agreed, this is very well done.

The publisher will make a cover, you have little say.

If you're self-publishing get the FUCK off of Veeky Forums right now and kill yourself. I fucking mean it you piece of filth. Kill. Yourself.

Moby Dick and Ulysses are both on the same level.

The corner of a pink room! Clever!

Is this book worth reading? Looks psuedy.

Ohh, somebody got nasty review on amazon

Read this.
wiki.c2.com/?JeanYvesGirardOnGoedelEscherBach

Depends on the publisher. Some accept suggestions from the author.

I wouldn't say the book itself is "pseudy" but it attracts the type of STEM hobbyist who just watches documentaries/Vsauce and spouts trivia like did you know Einstein played the violin? But while they might buy and attempt reading it, most won't finish it. It's playful and unconventional on the surface, but the core material can be very challenging (but rewarding), especially if you don't already have a decent background in math/comp. sci.

It's extremely entertaining if you're at all autistic about logic games. I don't know anything about the subjects it talks about so I can't comment on whether it's pseud or not, but it is just a very interesting book for laypeople.

You have to do the little exercises it suggests to really get what he's talking about though with the examples of formal systems.

Also I suspect his obsession with recursion is a meme wrt to philosophy of consciousness.

"A classic amongst erotic literature. A middle-aged man's love for his twelve-year-old stepdaughter."

Veeky Forums will shit on this but it's actually fairly cool

Public domain artwork my man

I fucking love Wordsworth

this one's pretty cool

lol is this shit real? they're not even trying.

Niiiice

That's nice they include a match, now you won't need to look for one to dispose of that shitty book.

the book is fireproof

It's the female genitalia, you dumbass.

it's panties and thighs... have you even seen a vagina in real life?