What does Veeky Forums think of Gnosticism?

What does Veeky Forums think of Gnosticism?

What books are some good starting points for a person interested in it?

Other urls found in this thread:

theforbiddenreligion.com/
mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sam Harris and Richard Dawkins

The New Testament (specifically the Book of John)
Nag Hammadi Codex

Goodrick-Clarke: The Western Esoteric Traditions

Plato's republic, it's basically a thinly veiled how-to manual on achieving gnosis.

Personally I found the Koran and Poem of the Sufi way as good guides as well.

Phillip Pullman's "His Dark Materials" series is based around Gnostic concepts.

Seconded, this is the correct response.
Start with the Gospel of John, then the Gospels of Thomas and Phillip. Move on to the Hypostasis of the Archons and all that other stuff.

It's interesting insofar as the idea of identifying God with being and therefore oneself, but I am skeptical of the demonization of the demiurge.

Study Platonism and Neoplatonism, and study Christianity and it’s mystic traditions. In the end, you’ll prob just begome orthodox
Original neoplatonists didn’t hate the demiurge, and Christians believe the creator of this world is the almighty one. Gnostics are alone in this

>Gnostics are alone in this
*some gnostics

theforbiddenreligion.com/

The Tree of Gnosis: Gnostic Mythology from Early Christianity to Modern Nihilism Hardcover – January 1, 1992
by Ioan P. Couliano (Author)

So you want to be red pilled on the demiurge then kid? Well if you want the real truth, the truth the filthy Jews don’t want you to find then you’re gonna HAVE to read Miguel Serrano. Only then can you call yourself ENLIGHTENED.

Fuck off /pol/, you aren't funny.

Denying the TRUTH again Kike, just wait until Kalki comes and purges all you subhumans.
I will not go back to /pol/, I’m sorry the real truth of our world is too much for you. Maybe one day you’ll see that Hitler was right.....

I’m not being funny, I am spreading the truth and it seems you can handle the truth redditor. Hail Hitler! Hail Devi! Hail Serrano! Hail Kalki!

just read the fucking Gospel of Thomas Pistis Sophia for fuck’s sake its so easy to understand, none of these ancient teachings are more complex than vector analysis or thermodynamics

Actually he made me laugh, /pol/ humor is some of the highest grade stuff

Gnosis by kurt rudolph

As a Esoteric Hitlerist I am of course above arguing with Jews like yourself, but for this time I will make an exception. The lightning and the Sun is the single most important book of the 20th century after Mein Kampf. It shows that throughout history Vishnu has sent his Avatars to fight the Jewish menace. Hitler is his final avatar and was close in total victory for the Aryan race. We are now living in the (((Kali Yuga))) and must wait for Kalki to cleanse this earth.

>What does Veeky Forums think of Gnosticism?
Garbage that no one cared about until the establishment pushed it hard alongside the release of Elaine Pagels' book in 1979. It was a cornerstone of the New Age movement (itself entirely a manufactured phenomenon), and filtered into drug culture and conspiracy culture through the same channels. It's appealing to spacy cat-ladies and drug-abusing armchair philosoyphers. It is the McDonald's Rick and Morty Szechuan Sauce of religion.

mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ