youtube.com/watch?v=t3NKduturyY
youtube.com/watch?v=0wGj3URCZlQ
youtube.com/watch?v=EKzWefr7_C0
youtube.com/watch?v=o-ayGIUOibw
youtube.com/watch?v=REqFSOu0Frg
youtube.com/watch?v=2QSd-DzqMjM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Nazi guy (I'm redpilled)

Which book? Did Hamsun redpill you lmao?

Soil of the Earth (it's about being proud of your white heritage)

Hunger was a really good book.

What are your Norwegian Veeky Forums recs? I'm interested.

I have it lying in my shelf, probably going to read it soon.

I've read all of Ibsen's work and the first book of Knausgard's Min Kamp.

Ibsen was cool, Knausgard was meh.

Asner Seierstad- One of us

Asne*

Definitely check out more by Hamsun if that is your thing.

Dag Solstad has written some really good literature on existentialism (Shyness and dignity is a great starter, it's really short as well), and has a very norwegianesque feel to his writing.

Ibsen writes some god tier plays that were incredibly modern for it's time. I'd recommend Ghosts.

A lot of people seem to praise Knausgård. I think the Min Kamp series are kind of overrated, but his other works are underlooked. You might want to check out his books on the seasons (his latest stuff), as well as his 2 first novels.

>per petterson

Which book should I start with? What is his style?

Growth of the Soil. Basically proves that multiculturalism is a Judeo-Bolshevik scheme to breed out whiteness and masculinity

Hamsun is one of my favorites. I’ve read Hunger, Growth of the Soil, and Wayfarers. I think he has an incredible insight into human behavior. Gonna read August pretty soon.
Why of all boards did you choose this one to shitpost on?

there are lots of teens who are high in openness on this board this is a great place to exploit stupid people with political propaganda, they probably make at least 2 new nazis a week on this board

>Literally who and "oh yeah, that guy" the list

>no Varg Vikernes...

Doppler, very entry level, but a funny read.

> blaming it on somebody else that you don't know some basic norwegian authors

I don't even get the problem. If you haven't heard about them, does that mean they're bad or not worth reading? Most of these are actually the few authors of Norway that actually has gotten international popularity. I could've also listed people such as Renberg, Jonsson, Hoem and so on, but most of their works aren't even translated.

Magnum opus when?

>taking shitposts seriously

>If you haven't heard about them, does that mean they're bad or not worth reading?

The vast majority of the time, yes

it aleady happened

Has anyone actually read the Vargsmal?

why would you
even Varg himself said that it has no value anymore, only as an indicator of what he was like as a neonazi
he also said that he was quite cobfused at the time and they are kind of unedited ramblings, not more
his later books on paganism is what matters

OP I’ll assume you’re Norwegian. Have you ever read any transnated works just to see what they’re like? How much is lost. I almost want to learn Norwegian, but it feels like German would be more useful everyday

He needs to compile the one big book, his Mein Kampf

*Blocks your path*

youtube.com/watch?v=zx8_2nZx4A0
youtube.com/watch?v=v9GNMtJWyaw
youtube.com/watch?v=XzrHLcmmRJI
youtube.com/watch?v=t3NKduturyY
youtube.com/watch?v=0wGj3URCZlQ
youtube.com/watch?v=EKzWefr7_C0
youtube.com/watch?v=o-ayGIUOibw

>it's about being proud of your white heritage
>Wife kills infant child b/c she had a cleft lip
proud white heritage indeed.

This is a literature board

Oh, almost forgot Langaard

youtube.com/watch?v=REqFSOu0Frg
youtube.com/watch?v=2QSd-DzqMjM

This is a white nationalist board whether you like it or not, sweety

I don't read

>666

Okey doke Kushner

From what I've heard (and experienced a little bit myself), is that some qualities gets lost in translation. A lot of Norwegians will write various words differently, which some times makes the motive of the sentence different and so on. It is kind of hard to explain.

Norwegian also have three different writing languages, whereas most only has one. Most literature is wrote in Bokmål and some in Nynorsk and Riksmål (only found in older literature like Hamsun). These writing languages have different qualities. Bokmål is very everyday like, and is what most of Norway use as their main writing language. Nynorsk is the second largest writing language, and has a way more poetic and lyrical touch to it, mostly used on the westside of Norway. And lastly there is Riksmål, which is only used in older literature (it's basically "dead" as it has simply developed into Bokmål over time). Riksmål is very formal, and has the poetic and lyrical touch that Bokmål is missing. A

Even though many more people speak German, I think Norwegian is an underrated language, especially if you want to get into the literature. However, if you are planning to read philosophy and so on, Norwegian is useless. There is close to no Norwegian philosophers that has said anything important. For novels and so on, I think Norwegian is the way to go.

(it is also really easy to understand swedish and danish if you learn norwegian)

Let me know if you have any other questions :)

This wasn't even what the thread was for, but thanks. This shit slaps.

Yeah Norwegian authors just interpreted German thinkers in their own way, or combined them in new ways. But this intellectual connection with Germany is nowadays kaputt.

>Norwegians = French of Scandinavia
>Swedes = Germans of Scandinavia
>Denmark = English of Scandinavia
Am I right?

Not really. To use the same "scale" as you, I'd say:

Norway = German
Swedish = French
Danish = English

However, Swedish compared to Norwegian is more like Dutch compared to German. Swedish is softer than Norwegian. Danish is just wet newspaper compared to Norwegian, so English isn't that good at describing the differences. I think it is better explained as American vs some isolated strong Irish dialect - You'd recognize some words, but the whole meaning of the sentence is lost.

Written Norwegian is pretty much the same as Danish though. Sweden is close as well, but they've had a stronger influence from central-europe on their written language. Therefore Swedes and Norwegians understand each other better orally, but neither parts understand Danish that well.

Hamsun is by far my favorite author of all time, and I am nearly at the end of his oeuvre, having only 3 of his works left. Are there any authors that rival him when it comes to lyrical prose, particularly about nature? Some user here once told me that the second part of To The Lighthouse by Woolf had some similarity to Pan for him, and I've been meaning to check it out, but any suggestions are appreciated. Spring is coming, and I would love some literature with the sort of rhapsody and ecstasy that Hamsun finds in nature.

It's actually about becoming a self-sufficient hippie and moving into a commune, not about shitposting about jews on a degenerate anime forum, which is apparently what white heritage is today.

>Two are literal giants of the canon, one is among the best of contemporary writers

oh Veeky Forums.

Wrong.
Swedes are obviously Germans as they're terrestrial, not maritime, bound by authority, tradition and conformity (even to the point of self-destruction).
Danes are French as they're libertines, relatively epicurean, free-spirited and radical.
Norwegians are English as they're an extremely maritime, atlantic people, tending towards austere pragmatism in mood.

It's about the language, not the culture/people. Didn't you notice that all my arguments were based on the language?

Anyways, I agree with you if you were to compare the countries culturally.

>>Norwegians = French of Scandinavia
>>Swedes = Germans of Scandinavia
>>Denmark = English of Scandinavia
>It's about the language
Makes absolutely no sense. You can't compare French to Germanic langs.

Well if you'd actually read my reply here:
You'd see that I think Dutch - a germanic language - is a better language to compare it too.

Dont take this so seriously. It's normal for us Scandinavians to make oversimplifications on the differences in our languages so it is easier for foreigners to understand.

Well if you'd actually read my reply here:
You'd see that I wasn't just replying to your post.

You had noble intentions OP but you're thread sucks, I'm sorry

No it's wrong, Swedes are the French, the Danish are the Italians and the Norwegians are the Germans.

Sigrid Undset, wrote novels based on the style of the sagas.

Swedes are obviously French.They have a tradition of absolutism, dynastic wars against Denmark and Poland, and waged constant wars for short-sided petty territorial gains with all of their neighbors, causing everyone to hate them (yet they managed to handle everyone at the same time). Also they allied with the Ottomans, and defended Protestantism, and were enemies toward the Holy Roman Emperor.