What is DeLillo trying to say in this novel?

What is DeLillo trying to say in this novel?

We repress our fear of death with consumerist goods and useless knowledge?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Bloom
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He's saying nothing at all, he just wanted an excuse to list random items once a page.

Consumerism has taken over religion as the opium of the masses.

memes

A reader manifesto is 16 years old and bullshit. Stop being a try hard

Gonna try to use this thread to ask how I'm supposed to enjoy Libra. It feels like genre fiction with all its spy shit. I thought it would be humorous like White Noise, but it's so different. The prose is pretty good, and the CIA and KGB using Oswald as a pawn is neat in a Pynchonian paranoia way, but I'm just not 100% feeling the novel. Kinda feel Bloom-sama rused me by including it in the Canon

What other books of delillos did bloom include in the canon?

Why are you following the opinion of a jew regarding white literature?

Hes italian moron

No he's not mate
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Bloom

I think he meant Delillo is Italian. And anyway I was following Bloom's opinion because the memes.

Underworld, Mao II, and one of the pre-WN novels, can't remember which

WN not on there?

jew isnt a race

What is it then?

Jews are most definitely a race, specifically a race of inbred swindling semitic gypsies from the Levant.

I think Running Dog is the other one is canonized. I love that book but my friend who likes DeLillo couldn't even get 100 pages into it and even DeLillo himself disliked it.

Because he's the best literature critic alive?

t. Shekelstein

a religion
the only blood in me is English and a bit of Dutch

can we please get back to the original topic? we read this in my high school english class and I wanna know what it's about, because no one in that class seemed to know

What do you think it's about?