Have you boys read this classic yet?

Have you boys read this classic yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

nullk.github.io/penguin.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes, how about this one OP?

Is there like a page for this shit? These look awesome.

have you fucked off yet?

lmao thumb nail look like boy got di stiffy

nullk.github.io/penguin.html

I used to be a Rei man but I'm not so sure anymore. I still think that Rei is superior for her sincerity and fortitude, things which Asuka only postures, but Asuka's mania and will as when fighting the automated Eva is perhaps better. And Asuka is clearly fragile and cracked emotionally by the influence of her mother, but isn't fragility also a beautiful thing in a woman? Either way, redheads are hot and I would take either of the girls, sexually

Waifufaggotry is poison

This is true.
However, when it comes to the eternal debate, it should be easier to empathize with Asuka since all her weaknesses and flaws are quintessentially human, whereas Rei is a socially retarded deity.

>not being a kaworu man

Rei has to be considered human for the purpose of this debate, because she is for all practical purposes human and displays normal human traits, and it would be unfair to exclude her on the technicality of her origin.

Rei can barely be called a human being. Attraction to her is odd. Asuka, on the other hand, is practically begging for a man's love. I don't know how anyone could choose Rei over Asuka.

Rei is the manchild's choice.

I think Asuka's and Rei's problems differ on a fundamental level. Asuka initially strives for emotional autarchy to the point of hurting everyone who gets too close, but has to learn to relate to others. Rei starts out as somebody who is only dimly aware of human emotions and most importantly connection with other humans and has to learn to understand these facets of human existence. She will do so via her interactions with Shinji.
This difference is probably most plainly found in their distinct roles in instrumentality. Rei, having by then achieved independence, rejects Gendo's plans and chooses to hand the power to decide the fate of humanity to Shinji. She acts as a guide in a dialogue with Shinji, questioning him about his perception of the human condition and contrasting his initially spiteful attitude with her now fully developed affirmation of the connection between human beings.
Asuka on the other hand goes through instrumentality like any other human being and has to come to terms with the hedgehog's dilemma. In her case that means allowing herself to rely on and open up to others.

Rei is the only one who acts like a soldier when the other pilots are acting like children. Also the only one who reads so of course this board can't relate to that.

I am reading this currently.

That's a really great mockup. On the topic of End of Evangelion, I think the movie is a masterpiece, but it's so fucking brutal. I think about revisiting it occasionally, but just the memory of Komm Süsser Tod shatters me.

I hope the world appreciates the artistic and emotional power of the story Hideaki Anno and co. wrought. I know I tend to project and get caught up in the more melodramatic, works like Paula, the moments where Nietzsche gets more vulnerable, Mahler's 9th, or Bergman's Cries and Whispers, but I don't think I'm alone, not completely unjustified.

Out of the way, plebs.

Good taste, OP.

All of you should demap yourselves

This one's really underrated

damn, nice one

nicela

LOL keep it coming

>tfw I watched it 2-3 times or more a week on heavy doses of DXM for a few months straight and now anything that remotely reminds me of it gives me PTSD-esque flashbacks

Kek

sorry dude. If you don't mind me asking what have been some unexpected triggers for those flashbacks?

>fucking cicadas chirping
>any of the music used throughout the film
>water sounds

pack it in boys. we've done it

Those seem difficult to avoid. Do they intrude at your ability to function and, if so, are you seeking ways to remedy, alleviate or simply cope?

They don't affect functioning too bad and have gotten less intrusive since I stopped my pseudo-binge on DXM, usually it's just uncomfortable when I don't manage to avoid them at this point

Holy shit I didn't know that was a thing.

What's some other good Egyptian Literature?

I want this to exist so much that now I'm just sad.

good thread

Should be Bleak House

i will never tire of these anime covers

nice

>Even considering Asuka over Rei
the easiest way to spot a normalnigger

brilliant trump likeness

cyborgs are the most powerful race on earth

reifags have psychological disorders and rape fantasies

Rei/Asuka dichotomy is for plebs.

No u

haha this is neat

I agree.

Rei(s) has/have the purest soul(s)

Fucking gold.

Rei has literally no soul.

She develops one.

>The Margarita

actually good

This board is a fucking miracle.

yea these are the best threads on Veeky Forums by a long shot

If Eva were a novel, at least in America, it would have been a seminal moment in American literature. People would have hailed it as the fulfillment of postmodernism. A fucking Freudian, Lacanian fever dream of giant robots that are ACTUALLY giant people who are ACTUALLY giant mothers animated with the souls of the dead mothers of the horny teeangers that pilot them, all the while everyone involved in the secret paramilitary organization that operates these walking, roaring Oedipus Complexes is bursting to overflow with daddy issues, penis envy, repressed tension, and clash of the parts of the soul.

Evangelion, the novel, would be 1500 pages long and would be hailed as a masterpiece. DFW wouldn't have had the balls to write Infinite Jest, he'd have been shamed into oblivion by knowing he could never have matched with his own work what the Eva novel did.

I only wish that Eva was that deep, the only thing which anno communicates is his autistic hodgeheg dilemma

Only marginally related, but only retarded weebs complain about the "meaningless symoblism" - the symbolism is richly evocative, like poetry... not something to be analysed like a mathematical equation, the vice of the autist...

That's the saving grace of Eva, it's beautiful. Without its top-order aesthetic direction it would only be one long, dragging r9k suicide post
gainax do use crosses and shit purely because it looks cool though

>not ritsuko

>not even considering Misato

Read the Ecrits

If you liked that author, you are going to love this one, user.

>the

Here's a fresh one

Who has read this sci-fi classic?

Behold everyone...
My magnum opus...

is that art from the ready player one movie? lol

It's concept art for bladerunner 2049

Who painted the original image? Looks breddy cool t b h

yes
YES