Just read the first couple of chapters of pic related and I hate the prose with a passion. Does it get better?

Just read the first couple of chapters of pic related and I hate the prose with a passion. Does it get better?

the prose style stays the same. why do you hate it?

It’s just obtuse for the sake of being obtuse and adds nothing of value, but rather detracts and quite significantly

You're not good enough.

Get to the point where you can read Paradise Lost, then read it, and then read Frankenstein.

yea idk it's not really obtuse at all

The prose is indeed garbage, and reading Paradise Lost should only make you hate it more.

The real thrust of the book is in the idea, which is pretty fulfilling, but the general experience of reading it is not.

What did you just say to me? I read Kant for fun, kid, so I think I know what I’m talking about when I say that Frankenstein’s obscuficalation adds nothing of value to the already shallow text. It’s like someone just sat down and said "I’m going to write a DEEP book with DEEP thoughts," but they didn’t have anything of real value to say so instead they just chose to fill in the void with obscure words and unnecessary description. And before you continue, yes I have read Paradise Lost and found it mediocre and trifling. So keep reading your fucking Frankenstein, bro, I’m tossing this in the recycling and going back to my Pynchon

It's really not garbage at all. If I'm autistic enough I'm coming back tonight after work and having a screech fit about this with quotes.

Is this a new pasta?

>obscuficalation
>tfw you want to sound educated but can’t think of a good word so you just make one up and hope it impresses people

o b s c u f i c a l a t i o n

I'm not crazy about the prose style either, but it's worth slogging through for the ideas underneath. I'd say try to stick with it since it isn't exactly a doorstopper.

Which edition ?

You would fit in with the folks at r/books

Nope. Despite unique theme - for the time - it totally fucking blows.

>It’s just obtuse for the sake of being obtuse

thanks for the pasta!

the prose isn't bad and it's certainly not obtuse but shelley seems to like writing far more than seems necessary.

>It’s just obtuse for the sake of being obtuse and adds nothing of value, but rather detracts and quite significantly

Such is the feminine.

"Your using it wrong"

Listen fucko, if I don't like a style, I don't like it.

you back from work yet?