What did he mean by this?

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G7RgN9ijwE4
youtube.com/watch?v=Cq_uBKuWuTg
youtube.com/watch?v=_HJ6dBgAoUI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you spend too much time contemplating the emptiness of existence you end up by becoming a nihilist.

It's rude to stare at someone

one you go black you never go back

once you go into a black neighborhood you never go back

Means you need to smoke some opioum to get on his level

Healthy young man goes to /pol/ browses meme threads at first, starts wandering into holocaust threads doesnt feel good and changes - neonazi!
Many such cases!

There can't be one without the other. But which is which?

He means be careful not to base your values on ressentiment of nihilism in an attempt to conquer it

Why is no one capable of giving me a straight fucking answer
Fuck yall

halfway correct. Basically if you go down the rabbit hole, you'll likely go crazy and kill yourself. Or become alex jones

What did you say?

When you stare into an asshole, the asshole stares back, and it's probably yours

I've contemplated this passage/idea for quite some time OP. I think what he intends to say is that when you confront the deepest pit of truth, which would be the darkest, most hopeless and despairing side of truth you feel it's presence, it's power and influence, within yourself.
You really have to have an understanding of how Nietzsche uses the imagery of depths and heights in his philosophy. The depths being the most despairing of truth, heights being the highest our souls can be exalted to overcome such depths. Remember, Nietzsche says that the first is necessary before the second.

You come onto Veeky Forums to get an explanation with a clear and welcoming question. But as you post the thread and wait for people to respond, you realize that they are shitposting to which it enrages you. You are one of us now.

pretty much what happened to me

Are you familiar with the allegory of the cave?

Hey take your /pol/ crap back to that board.

Stare at goatse for a few minutes and report back what you've learned.

I will never become on of you.

It can be rephrased as universal question:
>Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
What should be the answer? You have to integrate your shadow self, become one with unknown chaos, integrate depths of the abyss and overcome your pointless humanity, rise from the ashes and become ubermensch. Then, maybe you will understand this:
youtube.com/watch?v=G7RgN9ijwE4

He means, “I’m a faggot.” I know this because I’m a faggot. And so are you.

All of you fuck off

I wish it were true

Stop impersonating me.

all me

There is only one abyss, one unending chasm of chaos and darkness — your own. When you stare into yours, it changes you.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cq_uBKuWuTg

Because you can google it or read it in context and think about it for two fucking seconds before making a thread asking us to think for you.

The characteristics upon which an "abyss" exits, circuits through your perpetual understanding of the abyss, by an expression (as in, a stare). As the abyss constitutes an absence of being, this does not occur reciprocally; instead, the characteristics envelop you, assuming that your original stare had continued in perpetuation.

Fuck you dude.

Fuck you, I bet you don't even know what it means. And if you're going to reply to this it's going to be in the vain of "ohhh i dont want to tell you what it means because you could figure it out yourself." Why do people like you insist on being such cancer to this board?

>being so weak that a bunch of delusional neckbeards change you world view

Quit being such a thin-skinned faggot, dude. It's one of at least three Nietzsche quotes literally everyone has heard and if you can't figure out what it means on your own it's simple to look up. YOU are the cancer on this board making retarded question threads for simple shit and throwing a fit when people don't do your homework for you.

He is saying his body of work is trash and contemplating it makes him suspect that he is trash as well. Which he is.

Sure thing, anthropomorphizing faggot.

what did he mean by this?

He prophetically meant; if you watch too much MLP, you'll become a furry.

Read Foucault’s Pendulum

this

>tfw you nietzschean edgepost all of the time but then you hear music about oppressed peoples and you're almost moved to tears

Unironically me, went in as a left wing liberal a few years ago and now i'm a right wing conservative who wouldn't mind ethno nationalism.

>and perhaps the young Stock Exchange Jew is in general the most repulsive invention of the human species.
What did he """mean""" by this?

abyss = someone's asshole

He doesn't like black people and is a fricking sexist.

was that nietzche or nietzche's protonazi sister?

Nietzsche. He then goes on to praise jews for bringing back occidental thinking and undermining Christianity in doing so. (most of his praise of them is in relation to how much he disliked Christianity)
He was pretty anti-semtic himself, he just didn't like the boorish "standard" kind found among Germans at the time.

Course you wouldn't know this if you read one of Kaufmann's expurgated editions that turns lines along the lines of "malicious intellect" into "cleverness". (paraphrasing, I forget the exact original line he censored)

Dealing with raw things inevitably makes you rawer as a person.
It's not exactly a new insight, you see it constantly in every culture that has a notion of spiritual or physical purity.

Most obvious is during war when any army that fights for too long starts racking up war crimes, , no matter how good they are at hanging them.

Nietzche actually hated the Jews for real. The story of "Nietzche's sister change his books" is just propaganda pushed by (((them))).

I got the impression he had both respect and scorn for them
and a lot of the respect was for their "evil" aspects

If you keep doing something it'll affect ya

He hated anti-Semites too, and just about every other culture, people, and individual on the planet, in some form. In Will to Power, he also identified the "Jewish priestly state" as originating from Babylon, the Aryans.

YouTube link?

yeah Nietzsche hated everything so much he had to invent a fictional type of person to praise. I guess he said some nice things about the Greeks and Romans as well.

Point being I have no idea why modern Leftists or Conservatives attempt to appropriate him when he would have hated all of them

once you see the truth you can't be changed back

stare into the abyss and the Courts of Chaos stare back

Truly you are human, all-to-human.

>YOU are the cancer on this board making retarded question threads
Lol okay buddy. There's really no metric for what a stupid question, especially concerning something as complex as philosophy. Its also not "doing his homework", it's starting a discussion on a board in which the particular thing he's asking about is discussed. Furthermore, why do have to get so angry when someone doesn't understand something?Sounds like an insecurity to me. I'm not the OP either, I made a meaningful contributionnto this thread above. And yeah way to reply exactly as I said you were going to. Make a meaningful contribution or include yourself in the majority of these people who only shitpost, the choice is yours.

It means once again Kierkegaard was already ahead of this faggot.
>Anxiety may be compared with dizziness. He whose eye happens to look down the yawning abyss becomes dizzy. But what is the reason for this? It is just as much in his own eye as in the abyss, for suppose he had not looked down. Hence, anxiety is the dizziness of freedom, which emerges when the spirit wants to posit the synthesis and freedom looks down into its own possibility, laying hold of finiteness to support itself. Freedom succumbs to dizziness. Further than this, psychology cannot and will not go. In that very moment everything is changed, and freedom, when it again rises, sees that it is guilty. Between these two moments lies the leap, which no science has explained and which no science can explain. He who becomes guilty in anxiety becomes as ambiguously guilty as it is possible to become.

the stock exchange is gay and retarded

hahahahahah holy fuck this the most pretentious thing I've ever read on Veeky Forums i want to slam my head onto my desk until I've forgotten reading your post just so I can experience the unrelenting joy of knowing that people as pompous as you exist

damn niggah you got a mirror?

Clearly the deep and edgy version of Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle.

His post is not really that pretentious, it is just 'extremely unpleasant truths exist, and realizing them changes you'

eat too much ass and you eventually get intestinal parasites.

Start by reading the entire quote user and it becomes much more clear.

“Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”~Friedrich Nietzsche

I always looked at it like this. You go to war to stop a bunch of terrible people from senselessly murdering a bunch of people but in order to stop them you must senselessly murder a bunch of people, becoming what you set out to stop in the first place.

so the majority of Veeky Forums? People like to pretend they are outsiders here, but they are the biggest hivemind of all. Especially popular boards like /pol/ and /tv/

>Fuck I missed a comma

youtube.com/watch?v=_HJ6dBgAoUI

People make this seem so much deeper than it is. It helps if you tske his words literally, in a sense. If you stare at a gaping asshole then the gsping asshole stares back at you. Well, now, what does that mean? A gaping ass hole is a tinge of pink to brown on the inner surface closest to you but at the very center it’s black, pitch black. What you get is darkness staring back at you. If you see things through the lense of a gaping asshole (a melancholic empty nothingness (since black being most of the universe is the lack of a color rather than a color itself)) then what you eventually get is a set of shit-covered lenses from the blow back through which you’re not able to see anything but darkness, which makes life less pleasurable. ie see things ina. Negative light and youll see them in an even more negative light.

>"ambiguously guilty"
I don't get it.

how triggered do you want to be

>i want to slam my head onto my desk until I've forgotten reading your post

same but your post

if you spend time on an autistic website you slowly become autistic yourself

Before God you are always guilty

And then Veeky Forums happened and all the great threads about the primary sources of the Holocaust, forevermore BTFOing /pol/.
I feel sorry for you that you still belong to this cult, it's one of the most documented events in human history.

"Nietzsche is a fag" - me

read the myth of icarus

Can i quote you on my essay?

Where do I start with Freddy?

why do u assume that i am one?

The world leaves an impression on you.

t. jew

The first half of the quote is “He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become the monster.” This quote applies to so many cases of becoming evil in the course of trying to vanquish evil. If you fight hate, the hate consumes you. If you stare into the “abyss”, which could represent what you fear-your demons-this abyss of yours will inevitably consume you.

Here you have your answer, OP.
Don’t listen to the dumb niggers before him.

What? How is my post pretencious? Because I used the word 'contenplate'? I'm genuinely confused here my guy. You sound a little insecure to me.

GIVE IT TO ME

go ahead

tf u talkin’ about nigger

Anyone else having a really hard time tryin to sum this up ? Not even that complex. Just so much typing

maybe that's part of the reason? outcasts irl that just want to feel like they're part of some informal group that they fit into and that accepts them

>the biggest hivemind of all.
A site without votes, banning, or accounts is definitely not the biggest hivemind. I get what you're saying but you're exaggerating

I literally said exact same thing before this guy

The abyss means death. The Void means a corpse. As in, you will judge your own actions, and suffer if you regret them.

you posted a serious question on Veeky Forums in an artless manner, these are a mix of psueds, sociopathic midwits and nihilist BIGBRAINS they have no patience for your virginal sincerity GET FUCKED NEWFAG