Muslim here, any reason at all I should read the Bible?

Muslim here, any reason at all I should read the Bible?

It's interesting for the alternative versions of all the stories in the Quran.
Also there are enough shitty threads spamming up this board already. You must know how fast this thread is going to devolve into shit.

It depends. From the Islamic point of view Prophets don't sin or commit errors, but the Bible says scandalous things about the Prophets (like David committing adultery). If you would find that offensive then skip on it, but jus lt in terms of literary merit I would say it's worth reading.

No. You're better off reading the greeks. Smart muslims read the greeks.

They were heretics of course

Skip the Bible and go straight to Hitchens' "God is Not Dead". Don't skip a beat, do it right away. You are on the precipice of liberation and enlightenment, dont fuck this up.

"God is Not Great" I mean

If God wasn't great he wouldn't be God, by definition. Nice try atheist.

Let's say he is real, for sake of argument. Do you not have any criticisms about how he gods?

>how he gods
wat

It'll mean you can actually understand all the fragments of Bible stories in the Quran.

since the name of God is "I am" and you are God shouldn't you know?

t. mansur al-hallaj

>"God is Not Dead"
Top-tier Freudian slip. Come home, brother.

It's soyboy perpetual adolescence slang to take a noun and add "s" or "ing" to the end to make it a verb, e.g. "adulting".

Are you interested in the history or literature of the west post-antiquity or the ancient near east? If so, then you should give it a try and see if you find it engaging. Start with Genesis and Exodus. They're exciting and varied enough for secular readers to enjoy and conveniently just happen to be the first two books.

But is right, Greeks should come before the Bible if you haven't already. Though both doesn't hurt.

To not end up with a spitroast up your ass for eternity

I don't know. I'm Christian and read the Koran. I even became so interested in the Muslim Brotherhood that I went so far as to read Qutb, pretty much in detail. His memoirs of his childhood are extraordinarily beautiful, in fact.
But to answer your question it won't change anything. Your tradition's too powerful. So yes. Read it. Why not?

>Your tradition's too powerfu
christcucks bowing to muslims once again

the weak should fear the strong

No because a god is absolute and he does it right. By definition he is right, and if we're against it we are wrong. That is God.

If you've read and bought into the quaran there is probably no hope for you already. The best advice is read about non violence and how to keep your shitty abhorrent opinions to yourself. Saramagos cane is good he had another book assblasting religion as well read that.

T.

Wow, seems like it's conveniently designed to be impervious to criticism or dissent...I wonder why.

You can make fun of christians you get into internet arguments even more effectively when you can point to stories about God murdering children with bears as punishment for calling his pal bald.

The Bible is good to read because influenced many works so if you are planning to read the western canon, it can be useful. Other than that, it won't benefit you very much. It's probably more of the same as the quoran.

No, unless, that is, you wish to avoid eternal damnation.

You've read the Arabic fan fiction now read the original.