You unpublished fucks. Tell me about your sad attempts at literature

You unpublished fucks. Tell me about your sad attempts at literature.

>be me, was in my senior year of HS
>hear about a short story contest from my English teacher who likes my compositions
>extremely self-conscious about my writing, but whatever i could use the prize money
>got really into it
>decided it shall be a loose re-telling of Poe's Annabel Lee but with an elderly couple, the wife being ill with leukemia
>fantasized about themes of age and desire, drawing subtle allusions to Humbert Humbert
>ended up being only 1000 words (the contest word limit)
>handed it in, expecting joyous reviews
>few weeks later
>receive results
>6th place out of a few hundred
>sixth
>felt depressed about it, but still went to the committee who wanted to meet all the authors
>i get all the usual "it was good, but the competition was strong!" comments
>start to get disheartened
>suddenly an elderly lady approaches me, her eyes red with tears
>"did you write this?"
>"y-yeah"
>"i read it to my friends and we all cried"
>"i know you didnt win, but dont stop writing"
>leaves
>been too ashamed to write ever since

Wrote a couple speeches, got a couple plastic trophies
Made some creepy pasta fanfic that me and my friends still laugh about
The big problem is my novel. I’m so critical that I deleted the 3 chapters I wrote because of how shit it was.

>I attempt shit

>re-telling

>I deleted the 3 chapters I wrote because of how shit it was.
This is how digital technology is ruining literary progression. Back in the day you would either keep that shit around, it moldering and reminding you of what's to be improved, or you would take the time to burn it. If you really hated it, you'd busy out the charcoals and light the stack of papers. The whole event would be cathartic and may even satiate the drive powering your creative inhibition. Now you just empty your little computer recycling bin and take a nap and sulk. Next time you're ashamed of a piece of writing print it out and force yourself to either come to terms with it or destroy it.

I don't see how that wouldn't push you to write more.

Can I read your story, user?

Archive that shit. I regularly come back to stuff I thought I was terrible and find something of worth in it.

I dunno, I cant even read it anymore without cringing. I'll have to fish it out for you user, hold on

>suddenly an elderly lady approaches me, her eyes red with tears
>"did you write this?"
>"y-yeah"
>"i read it to my friends and we all cried"
>"i know you didnt win, but dont stop writing"
>leaves
>been too ashamed to write ever since
Write something you fucking faggot.

ah, I remember now. I think it was because I felt frustrated that I wasn't able to get the ideas I had into writing. Here it is if you're interested:

bitly/ 2FKfd2T

Ain't clicking that shit nigga.

Pastebin it

I just entered a short story contest. Wish me luck bros.
I tried to write a story about Giles Corey but it didn't work.

dont be a sissy, this is a blue board.

good luck bro. what did you write about?

A young man and women go to an art museum. They see a strange door and go in, it just seems to be storage. The man sees a statue, lit as if for display, that looks kinda like the Venus of Willendorf. He experiences extreme pain.
Outside a husband and wife look at a portrait. Then it ends.

I just clicked it. It was some M. Night Shamylan tier tweest shit.

>t. Rod Sterling

It's Serling and I'll take that as compliment.

I didnt intend on making it so gimicky
Did you like it tho?

Not the dude you're replying to, but the exposition/explanation of the twist felt a little clunky. Your ability to describe a scene is very strong; the paragraphs detailing his conversation with his wife were the best part of the story.

One of the things I wanted to happen was have a vague ending that only heavily implies the twist, but still leaves room for doubt. Thanks, user