People think with punctuation marks?

People think with punctuation marks?
Like commas, periods, question and quotations?

You seem to think in ellipses

What does that mean?

fpbp

QUICK ON THE FUCKING DRAW, user

why the FUCK are people forgetting how to properly phrase questions?
Adding a question mark onto the end of a statement makes you sound like a BITCHFAGGOT

Ok, I've understood.
Sorry, i dont speak english fluently

All punctuation represent a form of pause in the weaving of thought.

That would mean that Ancient Greeks and Romans did not think.

I only think in semi-colons

So, what used the romans and greeks to mesure and divide their idioms?

>Ancient Greek was written as scripta continua without spacing or interpuncts. Over time, a variety of symbols appeared. A system of dots credited to Aristophanes of Byzantium was developed in the 3rd century BC: a low dot ⟨.⟩ marked an occasion for a short breath after a short phrase, a middot ⟨·⟩ marked an occasion for a longer breath after a longer passage, and a high dot ⟨˙⟩ marked a full stop at the end of a completed thought. Other writers employed two dot punctuation ⟨⟩ to mark the ends of sentences or changing speakers. Less often, arrangements of three ⟨⟩, four ⟨⟩ and ⟨⟩, and five dots ⟨⟩ appeared. Such interline punctuation could be noted or replaced by a variety of paragraphoi, long marks which trailed between lines of text; these might also mark changes of speakers.

I don't even think in words

>tfw I'm a purely visual thinker
>can conjure up entire worlds without using a single word
Who knows this feel? Brainlets need not apply.

I don't think in words but it's not quite images either, can you describe the visuals as best you can?

Insofar as people think in language, it's surely language-as-sound not language-as-sight. You "say" the words to yourself; you don't see them written down (well, I don't).
That being so, you "think with punctuation marks" only insofar as punctuation marks are a way of denoting the natural pauses and intonations of speech.

i can't see anything in my mind. it's just a big word cloud up here

Think in words when writing. Like manipulating prose for best flow and sound or synthesizing snappy dialogue. It's less words and more subvocalising

Occasionally think in pure imagery or abstractions like a child playing imagination. Music greatly enhances the experience.

When at work, I don't really think at all. My behaviour is a string of automated responses, promted by external cues. I fill the void by singing or tapping.

I remember memories by feeling more than image. And my knowledge recall is grounded in instinct, rather than careful analysis. I remember the feeling of learning a thing so I feel confident in my answer I give, even though it's just yanked out from the memory void. I begin to make mistakes if I don't revise things, just like anyone else I guess. This is a bad system for carrying a doctors load of knowledge, but I hate acronyms and other such memory aids.

I find playing music is very similar to practising time trials in racing games. My brain chunks all the really hard bits into single units coded in muscle/music memory, puts them in order, and then hits play. All my hands have to do is not fuck up the inputs.

I wouldn't say I never think in words but it's not how I usually think of things. I was surprised to learn that most people believe they think in words all the time. It seems so clunky and limiting that I'm not really convinced they do, and we're experiencing similar things but just describing them in different ways. The idea of using punctuation in your thoughts is just bizarre.

Kinda like half-formed abstract images. I imagine abstract structures and spacial relationships when I think of immaterial things. Complex things are kind of a swirl of fluids with different properties, but it's not exactly visual so it's hard to describe.

This sounds pretty similar to my experience.

I don't see stuff as they appear irl. It's hard to describe but I kinda see the "ideas" of whatever it is I'm thinking about. The image isn't really some crystal clear oculus 4k visual but more of this malleable, ethereal form that slowly takes shape. Helps if I close my eyes. Like if I was thinking of an apple I might just see a bunch of red hues that vaguely represent my idea of an apple but as I focus more and more on it, the image also becomes more and more refined. Eventually, if I focused really hard, I'd see this wispy shape that embodies all the traits I associate with the idea of an apple.

Op here. I can see images if a i want but overall is a flow of words that dont stop or break.
Also, an adult would formulate mental statements differently from a young person/child? How will change in the process of maturity?