What does Veeky Forums think of Mencius Moldbug's body of work?

What does Veeky Forums think of Mencius Moldbug's body of work?

Other urls found in this thread:

scottaaronson.com/blog/?p=3167
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

better than most political analysts

probably one of the dumbest things i've read online.

terrible
online philosophers and bloggers should get shot

start with yourself fascist

fantastic grugpost. i'm dead

cheers

He's proof that having publishers or other intellectuals as 'gate-keepers', while it can lead to abusive authority, is not entirely a bad thing.
Moldbug is the classic example of an autodidact who has read deeply but has never had a guiding mentor to point out his errors

What did you read?

It's funny. His style utterly repelled me at first with its mixture of high-mindedness and calculated irreverence, but somehow I came to love it. It happened all at once too. One day I disliked his style. The next I was in love with it. I have no idea how it happened.

The article that won me over was "Noam Chomsky killed Aaron Swartz". It spoke to me.

I just wish maniacs like Moldbug or Land placed their ideas in books. Is that too much to ask? Am I being a hopeless romantic in wanting physical books?

its breddy gud even though he's rarely right, his blog is refreshingly direct and doesn't condescend to the reader as much as mainstream journals.
but Land has multiple books?

>but Land has multiple books?

And I have both of them, but the last one, Fanged Noumena, came out five years ago, and contains works written much earlier than that.

He's done much since his voluntary exile and none of it has been put to the written word.

This, I'm still waiting for "The Dark Enlightenment" to be published along with something like "Collections from Xenosystems"

>Likes Nick Land
>R*ddit spacing
woah...

Put to the printed word that is

There was talk by Land himself of some new collection coming out. I hope it's still in the works.

And to add, he's apparently still working on that Bitcoin book
That'd be great

Same here, his style makes his verbose blog posts very, dare I say it, comfy

His writing can be quite dense with information, maybe he needs some polish there. But I like how edgy and entertaining it can get.

Too bad he's way too radical to ever appear on, say, a mainstream TV debate.

i don't remember but I assure you it was bad

Rare Moldbug collectables (as Boldmug)
scottaaronson.com/blog/?p=3167

I'd like to see him on something like the Rubin Report or sam harris's podcast

This is some of his best work imo.

Incidentally, this is the first time I ever read the hilarious name "Praisegod Barebone" - the name has become a running joke in my family ever since

Mencius Moldbug? More like mendacious old thug.

Rude!