Brainlet

Orlando Furioso

*blocks your path*

Is there an English translation? I've been searching for one

pedant

Brainlet

>german
>Der Zauberberg

Are there surviving copies of the greeks in... greek? Or just translations of translations?

Faust I dude

Faust is a hundred times better.
Fuck, the Robbers, Werther and Henry are all better.

As Gaelige: Máirtín Ó Cadhain - Athnuachan

that's not hopscotch

that aint The House of the Spirits kek just kidding Allende is utter shit.

Thank god Pinochet killed him

>Don Quijote is somehow pleb
suicídate

>Sanskrit
>The Vedas

>Norway
>Sult

t. pleb

...greek language still exists lad

>Arabic
>Quran
prove me wrong infidel white boys

Why wouldn't you pick Don Quixote??????

>I haven't read el criticon
>Therefor is worse than the book that I have read
El criticon is really good man.

>Thank god a democratically elected president was killed before he could implement an hypothetical bloody tyranny so we could get a real bloody tyranny in its place.

Just because you are religious and conservative that doesn’t give you the right to keep denying reality and pretending that a murderer saved Chile from the jaws of “muh communism coup”. Many innocent people died because of the democratic rupture in the country, and celebrating it shows a lack of empathy and wisdom that is extremely pathetic.

You seem to be suffering of Stockholm syndrome. Quite the example of an human being, to support murder and torture just because they are committed against people who have different views of the world. It is the same thing as people who think that Communism is the answer to take Stálin for a great man, when he was a ruthless criminal.

Grow the fuck up, you manchild.

You massive autists it was a joke. She was talking about Isabel Allende. The joke was that a brainlet like yourself confused her with Salvador Allende.
Either way Allende never won the elections. He just got 38% of the votes and the supreme court called the army to make a coup

This is the sort of thing you hear from Western faggots, but I know three people from Chile and every single one of them speaks glowingly about Pinochet. I'll stick to the sources and avoid whatever Marxist professor you're parroting right now.

>“muh communism coup”.
You guys always say this as though it's totally absurd that a disastrous communist coup could happen.

rw’s always assume that rw dictatorships are good for everyone and if they’re not good its because you’re a communist or a social parasite so no reflection is ever done

Sorry about that. I noticed that the main reference was to Isabel, but I thought you were a guy from Chile who always posts on threads about South American literature - derailing the threads, btw - praising Pinochet and his regime.

I lost a family member who had nothing to do with politics in the time of the coup, and it’s very painful to live with that feeling of injustice and see uninformed spoiled children commemorate that blood bath.

My uncle was only a student, and my mother says that he did not even cared about politics: all he wanted to do was to become and engineer. But the military people had allergies against cultured individuals, and to be in the wrong place at the wrong time could signify a death sentence (without due process, of course).

such is life in shithole countries amirite

>people picking don quijote
Reminds me of people that pick Metallica or the Beatles as the best band or wathever

I mean they are good but common, you know you would pick something different if you listened to more than one or two groups

Don Quixote is patrician.
Thinking it's the best thing ever written in Spanish is plebeian.

Not that commie pinkos don't deserve the helicopter ride, but that's not the place to complain about them.

>Not that commie pinkos don't deserve the helicopter ride

If that is your view of the world I seriously question why do you even read.

You are obviously not learnig anything.

>there is no point in reading if you don't agree with me politically
the sheer state

>I mean they are good but common

You're getting me wrong.

I did not criticize you for not endorsing Communism - I do not do it myself -, but for saying that people who have a way of thinking that might be branded "Communistic" deserve to be killed.

In the case of Chile, thousands of people were executed and tortured, and always the justification is that they were "communists", as if they were talking of demons. However, by "communists" you can categorize a number of people with all sorts of minds, from manual workers who defended the right to strike to receive paychecks that were were being paid late or incomplete, to union leaders who called for better working conditions, all the way to professors who dared to say that the country was suffering an affront to the democracy, sociologists, philosophers, artists and politicians with views oriented towards the welfare state at the expense of neoliberalism.

As you can see, any enemy of big businessmen, big time landowners and army men (who are not famous for their IQs) were branded as communists, as if they wanted to institute a new Soviet Union in the country and "kill all the capitalists."

So I am criticizing your lack of humanity, your lack of empathy, your disregard for the pain and suffering of other people.

As for communism, I do not think it works. If I had a political orientation I would say that models that follow the capitalist system, but with a strong welfare state and investing in areas such as free education and free health, as well as fair a tax ladder - obviously taxing more people with greater fortunes (especially in Latin America, where many of the fortunes are in the hands of descendants of the sycophants and ass-kissers of kings and generals of the past) - are the best ones.

>Latin
>Aeneid

I like the Orlando, but come on, it's obviously the Comedy.

U wot m8

How did u think people translated the Greeks? From other translations? Why do you think people study Ancient Greek?

I know people will call me a pleb for this, but still:

I have read the Quijote, I have read Borges, I have read Fernando de Rojas, Góngora, Quevedo, Calderón de La Barca, Lope, Neruda, Octavio Paz, Carlos Fuentes, and many others. But I still think that the best book ever written in Spanish is:

>One Hundred Years of Solitude

GGM really achieved something awe inspiring with this one. It's a kind of prose poetry very different from the one we find in Nabokov, or Melville, or the prose passages in Shakespeare, but it really works. The book has it all: characters, language, plot, myth, a particular cosmos, the feeling of dawn and dusk, popular and critical praise...

It's indeed a great work. A shame that so many educated people see it with bad eyes only because of it's popular appeal.

Baltasar Gracián is the GOAT novelist of el siglo de oro. If you skipped him you should read his work

Yes, you are right. I never read him. It would be great if his work is even better than 100 Years.

He's style is baroque, isn't it? You can hardly go wrong with baroque (Shakespeare, my favorite writer, can be called baroque in his exuberance of metaphors and exaggeration of imagery)

>He's style is baroque, isn't it?
Yeah he is a conceptist like Quevedo but he focused mostly on novels rather than poetry.

I see you are a Rick and morty fan as well unlike that pleb

>Romanian
>Gallants of the Old Court (Craii de Curtea Veche)

I am not sure if I absolutely agree with you or couldn't disagree with you more.

There are so many different styles, genres and authors from various eras to pick from, and it is all really good.