Barbarism is the natural state of mankind," the borderer said, still staring somberly at the Cimmerian...

>Barbarism is the natural state of mankind," the borderer said, still staring somberly at the Cimmerian. "Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph

>He was concerned only with the naked fundamentals of life. The warm intimacies of small, kindly things, the sentiments and delicious trivialities that make up so much of civilized men's lives were meaningless to him. A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs. Bloodshed and violence and savagery were the natural elements of the life Conan knew; he could not, and would never, understand the little things that are so dear to civilized men and women.

any other kino like this?

I have some images from when I was an edgy anprim /pol/visitor

damn, they even included papyrus font for the full Varg Vikernes aesthetic

>anprim
anprim is anti nature. they believe Tribes were peaceful equal feminist utopias.

Tribes were warlike, fought heavily and raided constantly. that's how it should be, unlike the anprim changing of our history.

>"Did you deem yourself strong, because you were able to twist the heads off civilized folk, poor weaklings with muscles like rotten string? Hell! Break the neck of a wild Cimmerian bull before you call yourself strong. I did that, before I was a full-grown man...!"

I love conan but barbarism just means you're being ruled by your passions/anger/hatred, which are useful aspects to have in some situations, but they shouldn't be your pilots.

The best pilots are love/wisdom/intellect.

Did you make this thread yesterday? I was writing a dank ass recommednation when it got deleted. Fuck the mods

Nasty, brutish & short.

I don't need to hunt and butcher wild boar to prove I'm an alpha male. Just capitalists and lazy students.

yes i did.

Well, my answer was Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda, the vaiśnava acarya founder of Iskcon. On his 80+ volumes of transation and commentary of Bhagavad Gita -he also said it on record- and other śastras, he often called modern scientists rascals. Saying it was impossible to go to the moon by mechanical means, and that his authority for saying so, were the vedas.

That's actually a big component of vedic philosophy: to reject one's senses (and by extension the mind) as imperfect and accept the vedas as the Truth

Nice filename

On his Politics, Aristotle said man is stuck between being a god or a beast. Really, civilization has always concerned the smart men

reccomended books for this?

Thanks for reminding me to shave

Well, Prabhupāda's. His books are available to read online. The going to the moon being impossible i remember it from his translation of Bhagavad Gita; but i'm sure he repeats it in other books. He also said it on lectures, which you can find on youtube. Though Prabhupāda was only trying to get (((westerners))) interested on vedic lit. So maybe the primary texts. His translations all have the original sanskrit btw, he wanted a generation of sanskrit readers

Tolkien is another author concerned with this, if you don't want to travel to india just now

The neohobbesian meme of brutal nature you're pushing is actually the construct of pro-civilisation rhetoricians.

>oy vey nature is bad and scary, work in an office for 8 hours a day so you can get tokens to spend on shit you don't need! people lived to 30 and magically dropped dead before we had all these pills!

Meanwhile hunter-gatherers 'work' two to four hours a day and lived happy and healthy lives with relatively little violence and conflict.

Don't forget that before agriculture there were about 4 tot 6 million people spread out all over the earth. For the most part there was very little reason for war.

Not that explicity savage , but try some Jack London.
this thread is relevant to my current existential crisis due to the upcomming automatization of everything, and our new IA overlords.

share more related images please.

have you heard of Nuclear Dharma?
Typical. The civilised view of primitive peoples, where everyone lived a happy free paradise life where nobody worked and everyone sat around all day.

Firstly, i reccomend you read "a critique of anarcho primitivism" by Ted Kaczynski. It BTFO's the idea that hunter gatherers worked few hours.

Secondly, I'm not talking about strictly hunter gatherers. Civilisation does not refer just to agriculture, but to strict hierarchies, cities, roads, urban areas, etc. The Germanic tribes used some agriculture, they weren't civilised.

"little reason for war". Humans are naturally warlike. Most hunter gatherer tribes are warlike, unlike what dumb, civilised anti nature anprims like you like to say.

The natural world is a world of war; the natural man is a warrior; the natural law is tooth and claw. All else is error. A
condition of combat everywhere exists. We are born into perpetual conflict. It is our inheritance, even as it was the heritage of previous generations. This 'condition of combat' may be disguised with the holy phrases of St. Francis, or the soft deceitful doctrines of a Kropotkin or Tolstoi, but it cannot be eventually evaded by any human being or any tribe of human beings. It is there and it stays there, and each man (whether he will or not) has to reckon with it.
It rules all things; it governs all things; it reigns over all things and it decides all who imagine policemanized populations, internationally regulated tranquillity, and State organized industrialism so joyful, blessed and divine.

about war.. if anything civilization and "progress" just made it worse. The man is not a warrior anymore, is a mere piece , like a pawn in a chess game.

Lots of Roman writers commented on this iirc.

you may like civilization and its discontents. By based Doctor Freud.
And there is some essay of Borges on this too. I don't remember the name tho.