Are there people on Veeky Forums with AAD? Do you have any tips for reading and keeping focus...

Are there people on Veeky Forums with AAD? Do you have any tips for reading and keeping focus? Currently I'm forcing myself to read 20 pages at least a day. Also I have a head phone with binaural sounds on when I'm reading. It's hard but I would love to read for 2-3 hours a day..

listen to podcasts/movie reviews/trash tv while you read

Tried it, the problem is I won't remember what I've read if I hear a podcast or something related.

Yeah, it doesn't even have to be white noise, it can help if you have to actively tune it out.

then you're fucked. sorry

How would that help at all? I'd end up like I just try to put a lot of effort into it but I end up rereading sentences all the time it's slow as fuck. I even try to read out loud but it's hard. Also doesn't help that I'm mainly reading philosophy.

>How would that help at all?
if you have ADD it'll help

If you're listening to something distracting it helps to focus your efforts to pay attention to the text. Makes it more black and white.

If you've got ADD set aside fixed times for things. It's necessary even if you have meds. With the actual reading, if your minds wandering try to guide your mental tangents towards things related to the text - try and make mental things with things you've read before, or rephrase the concepts in weird ways. Once you get going it'll be easier. If you can, try and do your reading early on in the morning - you'll have a bit more attention span then, it won't be a looming duty you have to dread for the rest of the day and the sense of accomplishment is nice to have early in the morning.

Thanks, I'll try.

ADHD here, take the pill
I tried a semester of college without it and failed every class, I hate that it kills my creativity but what can you do?

I have no idea how you could read with sound playing. That always makes it much harder for me, unless I'm not enjoying what I'm reading (i.e. it's work).

Honestly, I just take breaks. Sure, I'll never be able to read for more than 2.5 hours in one bloc, but that's fine.

Hey, what's up, currently in the exact same position as failing-you.

Fuck me why did I think I could learn Chinese without meds.

What are you taking?

Concerts, or in scientific terms methylphenidate er

Personally have been on 15-20mg methyphenidate x 3 for past 2 years, and it singlehandedly stopped me from being a NEET. Btw meds are useless without a routine, if you do that you'll end up hyperfocusing on utterly useless shit or just get anxious. Give yourself more time than you think you need, and don't drink espresso unless you like heart palpitations and the sensation of impotent panic.

Is concerta better than ir in terms of daylong productivity?

I don't know, I have only taken concerta my entire life, all my doc did was increase the dosage

I have ADHD. There is no hope besides amphetamines for productive and effective mental output.
I have tried exercise, meditation, hundreds of hours of therapy, all devoted to just a modicum of my former levels of focus while on medication. I have been amphetamine free for several years now, and am merely a shell of my former self. Though I was narcissistic, I had at least some intellect befitting it. Now I'm just a recovering narcissist with the brain of a hamster.
This is an incontrovertible and immutable truth of the universe. Your brain is worthless and broken. Use tools given you by the god Hippocrates, and praise his every breath of Aether.

Same, taking Adderall every school day since I was 11. I made it halfway through first semester sophomore year without them but it was a lot of work

Did you try tapering off over the course of a year? Megadosing EPA and DHA? What about vitamin b complex, melatonin at night, vitamin d, l theanine, or l tryptophan? I'm more productive with meds but part of what makes me successful is my personality, which meds suppress.
Before I started on adderall, I read constantly. Age 4-9 I read in the car, at the table, while watching TV, under my desk when I was supposed to be working. I read little women when I exhausted my school library but I found it hard to relate as an 8 year old boy. Started anna Karenina at 11 but didn't like it too much and mostly stopped reading. Wish I could get back into it but once you've tasted the internet you can never go back.

Nowadays I just read Veeky Forums and wikipedia all the time, and Google random stuff.

I've lost the ability to do things before the last minute. Pulled an all nighter and read a SparkNotes article and wrote 2 sentences. 2 hours before it's due I get really it, but it's never enough time to do a good job.

When I took my meds the biggest difference was that I spat out walls of autism on this very board. And also that the high made me want to save humanity.
I've noticed that the amount of time I spend on Veeky Forums is inversely proportional to the amount of time I read. For example, I'm only posting here now because Lu Bu died in RotTK and I'm too butthurt to continue.

This doesn't apply to other boards, like /v/ and Veeky Forums.

>tapering off
it's been years since using the drug, user.
>using random vitamins for limited if any success beyond a placebo effect
Yeah, I went through a year of denial, that was a waste on the wallet and emotions.
I was a regular reader, but it's not a matter of reading as an activity, but rather the ability to process and store and recall the data itself. Hell, even to form cohesive and new ideas from that vast store of memory, connective webs of concepts, linked, flashing together to form epiphanies, all gone, lost.
I recall at one time asking my doctor for a prescription, he offered a small dose, I took it that night, all of those things returned like a door unlocked, as though no time was lost, and that my brain had not stopped storing the information I had been slowly gathering my entire life. In a breath, I was given access to my mind. I couldn't bear the thought of losing it again, so I discontinued using the drug. It was a terrifying thought to think of ever losing it again against my will, I would easily turn to meth, without hesitation.
Still my soul and mind yearns for it, calls for it, a ghost of me prevails behind these depthless eyes, a vapor of that self, a wraith.

>autism

I can only read 6-15 pages an hour (no matter the material) despite reading 6-10 hours a day for the past year, english is my first language and I'm 21, never been diagnosed with anything, was always well focused when I was younger, do I have ADHD?

It depends whether your slowness is due to distraction or not. It may be you have some form of dyslexia or something.

my mind unintentionally and unnoticeably goes blank every other minute for up to minutes at a time thinking about unrelated tangential memories triggered by something in my surroundings or from the words and struggles to glean the meaning from multiple sentences following on from each other and forces me to subvocalise everything and reread everything multiple times
thus somewhere usually around 6-15 pages per hour
once I did read 85 pages of don keyhotti in 2 hours but thats only because I was worried if I was to move slightly my neighbours talking would see me through the hedge (21 year old neet)

I'm precisely like this as well (except for the last part). Worst is when sentences are so long they could be a paragraph. The moment I end up at the end of the sentence, provided I didn't get lost midway I have to reread it from start to finish.

How do I organize myself in order to keep both my creativity and my productivity? I actually managed to land a creative writing job and I don't want to lose it.

Well I only take melds on school days, so when you have to write something just don't take them. Just take them in the office and write at home

I have severe adhd but I can zone out and read all day

Learn self control user

>but I can zone out and read all day
>zone out
>and read all day
you're supposed to be mindful in order to be a good and fast reader

OP here just want to thank you all for the tips. Will try them!

ADHD/ADD isn't real for most people. You just have shitty parents.

ADD doesn't exist, nice quads though

Run your ass off. Or get a bike and cycle your ass off if you’ve soyboy joints. It’s how I got through college. Run flat out for a quarter mile or even a half mile then I was able to fully concentrate for up 90 minutes.

>90 minutes
>read 10 pages an hour
Do I just run 3 mile again?

>running
>not soyboy in itself
Fuckin kek