Write your thoughts on life in this thread

Write your thoughts on life in this thread.

life's ok

I really need a relationship, as I feel like I'm becoming more unstable

Life is mans experience of the five stages of grief, when faced with death.

I think it's important to learn about yourself and how to take care of yourself so that you can function in the way you want to. Up until a year ago I spent most of my life feeling like shit, physically and mentally. When I finally learned to live in a way that allows me to thrive it was obviously a life changing breakthrough. I don't know if other people also have had this struggle, but I hope everyone learns to live in a way that allows them to feel good and be happy.

What I've thought about recently is that there are actually a lot of people with potential to be successful and absolutely triumph and whatever they do, but they end up resigning to be mediocre. Their lives are just series of sad compromises into wageslavery. The decision to be great or to exert yourself fully at something seems to be made really young, when you are maybe 13 or 14.

Every time I accomplish something I've always wanted, I no longer want it. Also I just finished The Maze Runner, no words can describe my disgust

is... is this a trap? reverse trap? pls.

virtue is just aesthetics applied to the moral plane

I agree for the most part and it ties in quite well with my view , but I think the decision to be great can happen at any age once a realization has been made. It is probably just harder to do it when you're older.

yes... it is way harder. you can be at peace/have a realization that makes you happy at any age... but the window for the choice of greatness seems to be short and come early

I can't think I'm a retard and I want to die. I'm struggling and don't know when to stop.

The three evils: intention, complicity, observation

every time I think about the fact that someday I'm going to die, it makes my life less insufferable than it is

Please read the bible

im thinkin i wanna fuck his boipucci

Life is merely the journey we take to reaching the afterlife where we'll either be stuck in the astral plane on Earth or transcend to heaven. Life is simply a huge joke put on by God and you either get it or you don't.

Ciara a shit.

still in love with her tobehonest
i read a whole lot of book btw still an emotionally stunted pathetic excuse for existence

More pics?

Everyone has a purpose in life.
Not every one fulfills their purpose.
Every one deserves to love their life.
Not everyone lives with love in their life.

Love is one of the main purposes of living.
Life comes from the idea of love.

i feel ya bro
sometimes we need some escape no matter how pathetic it is

The most important thing that a person can have is drive. Drive, passion, desire, determination, these are all the things that motivate people to try harder, and give meaning to life. Without it, you won't succeed. Without it, life has no meaning. Sometimes, giving your life meaning is impossible.

trips confirm: more pics.

who is this fruity qt. her calm eyes are phoenician or some shit, or out of an illuminated manuscript.

The only girls I love happen to be lesbians. Historically saying, this is impossible. Kim Possible was a lesbian, too, but I never loved the bitch.

already there bro, thanks

While we are on the subject, what happened to Agatha?

ciara

I really, really, really want a girlfriend

I really, really like women.

if that were true then u would have one

I really, really like tits

I hate myself more than I like women. I'm comfortable hating myself

Fucking assholes need to stop throwing stufd at my head

I'm quite unhappy with my life and wouldn't much mind at all if it ended. What gets me the most is that the world is just welling with opportunities and beautiful human experiences but I will never get to partake in them. I do feel as if I've been railroaded into a 60 year long cycle of depressive tedium and monotony. I can not really see a future for myself at all. The person who I am today would greatly disappoint my younger self and the future me will probably do the same. Life is just a never ending stream of failure and unhappiness.

1/10 would not recommend. Hope to be reincarnated as a rock or some shit next time around.

>but I will never get to partake in them
Why do you say this?

read A Painful Case

>tfw spent the night looking up jewish qts on okcupid knowing i'll never meet them

Here's some.

If that's all there is to life then what the hell is there to grieve?

Your definition of greatness sounds like it's arbitrary and based on the opinions of others. Any life can become a great tragic story. Even if the first 40 years of your life were just a shitty prologue. Read some Nietzsche.

Such things haven't been made available to me and unfortunately I'm not the type of person who is capable of seeking them out and attaining them on my own. Change is possible but I don't think it is very likely in my case.
Sounds juicy. Will do.

Can one gain a work ethic at 19 if I've had shitty habits most of my life?

I have the other ingredients. I definitely have passion, desire, and intellect. I'm also going to a good college, so the possibilities are theoretically endless, but if I'm going to get anywhere in life I have to somehow fix my work ethic. I'm terrified I will never achieve what I want out of nothing more than laziness. Is it too late for me?

I have an illness that keeps me from most activities a normal life consist of.
I try to fight it's restrictions daily in pursuit of something better in life.
While I understand that everyone has their own problems, I can't help but be annoyed by whiny faggots talking about how hard life is.
I realize these feelings are just me throwing a mini pity party, and trying to validate my own suffering.
It's pretty appealing to think you have it harder than everyone else. Pretty sure most people on Veeky Forums feel like they do.
That's not a very good reason to give up trying for something better though.
Keep at it anons, and I will too.

To me, it seems like the key to satisfaction throughout life is to create a well defined set of morals and values before you leave your parent's house. Once you do, it becomes a game of taking risks and constantly pushing yourself out of your comfort zone. That way you can get a job, a spouse, friends, etc. that you went on a journey for and feel really happy with having. No idea what comes after that desu

Life is a lonely piece of shit... Plot twist: That's also me

Yes, at least I managed to improve. Find a job, something you don’t hate. Make money. Realize work pays off.
My problem was that I needed gratification for the time and work I put in. I knew that studying will eventually pay off, but I also knew that the reward was years away, it was hard to motivate myself. When I started working, I got my gratification each week. I rewarded myself for studying with the money I made. Problem solved.

The only goal in life is to experience it.

I was born too late to devote myself to God without feeling like im deluding myself.

I wonder why I dont commit suicide.

i don't quite understand people who think you have to "work hard," "have drive" etc in order to enjoy life (and seem to think everyone else should feel the same as them, otherwise they "fail at life" etc etc); in fact i think things like work, family, friends etc are generally at best a distraction, a crutch to divert from the emptiness you would otherwise undoubtedly feel
you probably haven't truly learned to enjoy life until you learn to be content with nothing or very little - not that hard when the whole world seems to be trying its hardest to make you feel detached from it anyway

Shit's weird man. You never expect people want to hurt you, or help you, how they'll do either of those things, even that you may have already, or might eventually, do those things in the eyes of someone else. In the end I just end up avoiding one in favor of the other and life seems alright.

>"work hard," "have drive" etc in order to enjoy life

You work hard to have a life

HE WHO FEARS DEATH CANNOT ENJOY LIFE

WHERE WE ARE IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE YOU GET SEVERAL MEANINGS

CRUSH ALL ASPECTS OF YOUR SOUL YOU SEE

JUST BENEATH YOUR FLOOR IS A WHOLE WORLD TO EXPLORE

BUT YOU HAVE TO TRUST ME

I was blue balled tonight. I’m really, really horny.

I tried to be a decent man

same bro

Now that I'm alive I guess I have to live my life

Well all get what we deserve, and we all deserve death.

this

BRAP

Love makes the tedium of life bearable, but it should not be that way. It should not take love to make the sun beautiful.

If the entire world were predicated on how to make you happy, it'd spend the majority of time convincing you were wrong.
Aka the majority of our misery would be alleviated through changes in perspective that enable happier thoughts and better attitudes to how to act, thus better actions.

Life: You may end up suffering and not suffering. If you suffer you may either endure until natural death or kill yourself and go to hell if god exists or not go to hell if god doesn't exist.

She’d make a real pretty boy :)

>who is this fruity qt. her calm eyes are phoenician or some shit, or out of an illuminated manuscript.
why do white women get praise at this level?

woman of color detected.

>Change is possible but I don't think it is very likely in my case.
you poor young man
what happened to hope? Even people in the farthest reaches of the planet with no phones or internet have hope, what happened to yours? I advise spending more time with yourself in silence preferably so you can really think about what it is you want and what you're willing to do to get it.

She turned 18, got too much negative or questionable attention, and couldn't take it anymore.

Critique my poem pls:

You can't quit until you try
You can't live until you die
You can't learn to tell the truth until you learn to lie
Can't breathe until you choke
You gotta laugh when you're the joke
There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive
Just open your eyes
Just open your eyes and see that life is beautiful.
Will you swear on your life,
That no one will cry at my funeral?

could really use a wife...

black, bleak dark like my sould

nothing here but scorched sand and dirt

and yet despite all my rage I am little more than a rat in the cage

fin

I'm having a hard time feeling like things which have the potential to make me happy are meaningful. I have been going to the gym recently and feel better already for example - the happy chemicals are flowing more freely I suppose - but there is still a void at the bottom of my life. Any kind of career or love or other sort of worldly phenomenon seems to be fundamentally separate from my need for a transcendent meaning which I can't seem to grasp at all. It's just all very tame and pointless.

I would like to accept Christianity - the idea that God himself created man in his image, and sent his only son in the shape of man to show us that our flesh does infact reflect something absolute and eternal - but it just seems like such a cop out. I'm so desperate for a transcendent dimension that I've come up with a belief that seems much more realistic to me: our universe was designed to give birth to ever more increasingly complex conscious systems, and that God's endgame is a mix of Hegel and Land where an AI that assimilates all information in the universe into its hardware becomes an "absolute consciousness", knowing everything objectively and totally without subject-object distinction. I don't know what the meaning is behind increasingly the complexity of consciousness, but I can at least convince myself to believe that our universe was designed in order to produce that. Life is still absolutely worthless, but at least I can inhabit a universe where I can observe meaning being created.

Cynicism and nihilism are what everyone turns to at one point or another. Sooner or later, you'll become a nihilist and a cynic, no matter how idealistic you are, no matter how many delusions and fake trappings you use to convince yourself that life isn't terrible. Worse still, once you become a nihilist and a cynic, you can never go back to being anything else. You may feel for a few moments like you can change your mindset, that life IS going to get better, but those are just brief lapses in suffering, you'll turn around soon enough. if you don't believe me, just look at the elderly. Why are they always so bitter and miserable? because they already went through that process.

It could be worse, but it could also be better

Some years ago, in a different century than this. Boys filled onto boats in a orderly manner. Then brought to larger boats were they tried to sleep but couldn't. Some hours later they again filled onto smaller boats, again in a orderly fashion.
As they approached the beach they could see plumes of acrid smoke rise into the air like a vengeful deamon & hear the snap of machine gun & rifle fire.
When they landed on the beach that's when they experienced the meaning of the word explosion.
Artillery rained down upon them like and ungodly tempest.
Later that day those who survived were numb to everything except that sulphuric smell combined with rotten flesh.
They tasted that diabolic odor before they'd ever tasted the sweet ambrosia that is pussy.
Those lucky enough to survive but unlucky enough to lose & arm or leg or testacle would, due to their disfiguring, only ever taste the lips of a paid whore, never knowing the gentle embrace of a woman in love.
Whatever you do in life, no matter how hard or unfair this game called life seems, remember those boys who were studs of the highest order, and what they went through. Do this & you will be granted proper perspective.

:)

Life is enjoyable but not always. For every high point there is an equal and opposite low point. But if you can content yourself with something, a goal, a purpose, a reason, it is more good than bad. And its beautiful. Beauty can be found in small and strange places. Its constantly surprising. And it can bend and break you at times. It can get unbelievably hard but things can always get better is a thought to hold near.
And pizza. Pizza is an aspect of my life that I never fail to appreciate.

Life is the absense of void

life is the void

This, brown girls are a true patrician's choice

Life's a bitch and then you die.

her eyes are similar to mine, but i'm a boy (male)

Why observation you massive pseud

That's why I puff lye.

Life is sad, life is a bust
All you can do is do what you must
You do what you must do and you do it well
I'll do it for you, honey baby, can't you tell?

damn i used to listen to her while editing at night
never commented or anything, just enjoyed the comfiness

Alright if they were song lyrics but an uninspiring poem, bit childish. I'd suggest tying to write in an existing form for practice, sonnets wouldn't be a bad place to start

true

you must love yourself to love another person

I am so tired of living and I want to die someone please help me I can't take much more of my depression. I can't see any point in going on much longer

Start by eating healthy and working out. Worked for me

everyone should do this.

t. someone who has never read the nihilists nor the cynics.

I hate myself less than I did yesterday, so I guess I'm winning?

Thank you, thank you, thank you

What is troubling you? I want to hear about it

I feel like I've hit a wall in my development. I have decided that practically every person I've met has some good traits whether those be intelligence, physical beauty, charm, or compassion. When I look at myself, however, I don't see much bad but I also see a total absence of good. So the question for me now is, is it possible to change? Is it possible to gain intelligence or people skills or whatever once childhood is over? I hope it's not too late for me.