Read Expected Got

See if you can't make some OC instead of reposting the same old shit.

Template for people too lazy to google

What? I definitely got more of the "expected" and none of the "got". Unless that weird space marine is supposed to be death (the Judge) then I don't understand.

here's some OC for (you)

minimal effort

OC

The judge is not death

this is creepily accurate, but only because elliot rodger's manifesto is so over-the-top in how its written, that if nobody knew the author legitimately believed the things he wrote, it probably would be considered a satire starring an unreliable narrator

>be on Veeky Forums
>not know khorne berzerker
>you have to go back

lul

based

This is even better than mine, thanks!

But this isn't true, you know.

Isn't it just a joke about how Aristotle argued that virtues are the middle ground between two different vices? Like for example, courage is virtue, but in excess it's reckless behavior, in deficiency it's cowardice.

I think he means he expected something like a traditional western with cowboys and injuns fighting but got a surreal hardcore apocalypse instead, which I'm inclined to agree with.

Virtue may not lay just in the middle of two opposing sides; it could be nearer one of the extremes, not necessarily at the same distance of both.

>The Rings of Saturn

Such a cool title for such a dull book.

I am downloading this looks interesting thanks user

lol

its bad n kill yourself

Thanks for reminding me I'm still capable of experiencing laughter

>haha funny tim and eric
stop existing.

thanks for contributing, pseud

Sam, stop whining about World Peace already. Its over.

i swear the publishers didn't even read that shit. the summary on the back of my copy is not even close. still loved it though.

this is because almost nobody actually reads the book and just knows the memes of it from pop culture. #telescreen

"Crystal palace" is an "image" of a perfect soicety created by french social utopists.

How should've I known? I encountered thousands of "what did he mean by this" paragraphs and allegories and metaphors all through part I.

best one i've seen in a long while

I dunno. My edition comes with footnotes where all historical allusions are explained.
Part I is basicaly a philosophic manifesto. You should be at least familiar with major themes of the 19 century philosophy on order to grasp it.

>whoah mommy it's so gay in these books what should I do will they infect me with their gayness I mean I can't see anything in these books except gay things does this mean I am gay too mommy?

My humble OC

The underground man is extremely self-aware

Pretty damn accurate desu.

Kek. The got is perfect.

here I tried harder this time

Painting in the top right hand corner?

HAHA good joke, Sam doesn't browse Veeky Forums

inferior

no u

>Visual depiction of the unreasonably oppressive sun is inferior to a low effort pun
lol nice try

kek

Judging by 'what you got' it looks to me you began the second part and didnt finish

What gives you that impression ?

I read Something Happened when I was 18 or so. I can't really remember too much of WHAT HAPPENED in that book other than that I decided that it was a good book and I should read it again someday

It's great, but very sad.

Not much happens :) There's a sort of tragedy at the end (child, car accident) but by that point it's not even clear whether it really happens or it happened some time ago or he's imagining it or it's a metaphor for his misery and dissatisfaction in general.

I just remember a hypochondriac with a retard kid that fucked women in his office

Explain this one. Some people have told me it's the best book ever written. Why would you consider it fedora?
Haven't read it btw.

The "fedora" aspect is his slightly-smug criticism of religion (all religion).

strangely accurate

Lol

That's actually a perfect use of those somewhat tired memes, damn

fresh off the press boys

Kek

You've redeemed yourself

Oc poster here, this is accurate, thanks.

I concede that i expected it to be a bit savage having read McCarthy before and all, but i truly didn't assume it would instantly make "Khorne's book club" even whilst paired with Judge Holden's ocasional Tzeentchian and Slaaneshian flavors.

It was so extraordinary in its surreal violence and gore that i didn't think the 40k reference would be to far off.

Side note, I could see the judge making a fine World Eater champion almost already having the prerequisite "hugeness" etc.

other way round

I really, really, really like this picture

You didn't read shit

What even is that 2009 meme.
Do you live in Europe ?

same :(

How in the fuck did you get that from Notes?

I don't get it

Kinda borrowed from Karamazov in that dimitri says 'If they drive God from earth we will shelter him underground'. But notes from underground is a reply to Hegels rise to fame and against the utopian totalitarian ideas influencing russia.
>We are stillborn, and for generations past have been begotten, not by living fathers, and that suits us better and better. We are developing a taste for it. Soon we shall contrive to be born somehow from an idea.

Of course the underground man is the inevitable result of this generalized man, Notes from Underground calls you back to faith and family, less you want to be a fuck-up like this anti-hero.

It's a classical meme

still my favorite

Name of the picture above the fireplace?

Looks like some egon schiele painting

Norsk?

Kek. That's good

You shut that dirty whore mouth, that book is a masterpiece

Haha now this one I like