How do you sort your books?

Lol, I do put the biggest bucks first then have it cascade down. I like to run my hands along the top.

I don´t

I don't have a shelf so I stack them on the floor of my little bedroom in my on-campus apartment. Whenever I take one or put one back I spend a minute rearranging things so the four stacks are in pairs of matching heights because I lean my paintings on top of them.

Alphabetical by publisher

I use the "put it down somewhere" method, personally.

However my file manager sorts them because I'm not a retard who gets physical books

This is the best method

Ugh these answers.
The only right answer is by publish date.

>He doesn't just use an e-reader

e-reader shills are getting really lazy.

yo that remind me is there a ufc or boxing tonite

by order you acquired them in is better

This but unironically.

By size, of course. I'm not putting a larger book on top of a smaller one.

Colour.

Having a bookshelf that visually flows from one end to the other is the first step on the path to enlightenment.

>He doesn't memorize a unique local cultural oral tradition of silly bar stories instead
Homer you aren't

this
except niggerbooks like the Bible.
I don't own the Bible but I would put it at the very bottom if I did.

By most recently used.

by country by author and by year

By quality.

This, but unironically.

Sorted by size and grouped by author and theme when it applies, but with some sort of narrative that makes it each book fitting coherently next to the other, though in a kind of poetic and intuitive way.

That for every shelf.

Most apparent mid shelf is for favourite books.
Upper harder to reach shelf is for books I know I won't pick up in a while but I like to remind myself I've read them or display for visitors who might don't know them.

ironically,

this.

sincerely,

new sincerity

p.s. p.m. suxx :DDDD

By hardback/paperback
By language
By author
Random books in same edition (considering the height and weight is same here)

> sorting your books before you sort yourself

Grouped by ‘theme’ (this is a personal relation based on era, influence and topic) then size, then colour.

This desu

I'm probably gonna do this desu

it was booktube tier

>arranging your bookcase like a rainbow
Fag

Chronologically, by publisher, then by author.

I always change it. Sometimes by alphabethical order, sometimes chronological, sometimes by colour...

Right now they're in chronological order. It's my favorite, i think. Easier to browse and teaches about history

I do it tiers
>First: Inspo Levels
Max Inspo, High Inpso, Med Inspo, Low Inspo, No Inspo
>Second: Language/Nation
For instance stuff can be in German but get classed in Czech. These are ordered by GDP.
>Third: Author
>Fourth: Release

>he doesn't sort his books by dewey decimal number

1. Fiction/NonFiction
2. Geographical location (East-> West)
3. chronologically but same authors books are placed next to each other

By size

I have OCD

>not sorting yourself through sorting things

Genre

I don't sort my books.

Country, Original Language, Author, Publisher, Physical Size

Color
Smell
Number of words in the title

Alphabetically by surname of the person I "borrowed" it from.
After that, by weight.

If I have enough of a single author to fill a considerable space, then by size. If not, by the similar themes/era/whatever reason that made me read those books (Russian literature, Buddhism, Christianism, philosophy, general fiction) and then by size. I get extremely bothered if books in a row display various sizes and are not in order from biggest to smallest.

My DVDs are sorted chronologically. It makes them easier to find.

Just shove em on the bookshelf dunnoi

>not creating a mosaic abstract expressionist colourscape on your shelf, rearranging them to reflect changes in your life
>sorting your art by size, title, genre instead, like a bona fide autist

I just dump my books on the ground

Generally by themes/genres and in clusters not really in a row. And if they do happen to be in a row, they're not meant to be looked at it that way, more like consecutive clusters

>sorting books
Just read them you autist.

By the order I buy them

by language

lmao i actually sort them by size

by word count

That makes sense with movies/television, but not books.

Correct

I sort my shelves so that the middle shelves, the ones at eye level and most easily in reach, are books I read or reference often, but I try to group them by topic and/or author as much as possible.

I have a fair number of books not on the shelf though, I have a heap of books on my bedside table that's basically organized by reading order, plus a few other stacks in other rooms of the house that are just stacked in order of what I picked up last.

i bogosort my books by their SHA-256 hash

Everyone in this thread is wrong. Alphabetically by Author, then sort by release date within each author.

>owning books
Libraries are a thing you know
>but then how will people know how smart I am
Fair point

By height

stack the biggest one on the ground and the smaller ones on top of the bigger ones
so literally ur meme picture

by coloUr

Topic.

girth

Frankie Edgar got his manlet chin punted last night. His little feet flew off the ground.

>Genre (fiction/non-fiction)
>geography (allows me to easily incorporate books written in other languages)
>Author by date first published