Tfw all other prose in english disgusts me after reading moby dick

>tfw all other prose in english disgusts me after reading moby dick
So am I just supposed to read novels for the plot?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/MissAlice_18/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's the endgame, yes.

What's the point of this photo? What were you trying to accomplish?

i-i don't know

I know that feel user. Read Melville's short stories. Bartleby the Scrivener is the greatest one. Read Shakespeare, Milton's Paradise Lost and Whitman's Leaves of Grass to get into Melville's headspace writing Moby Dick (Moby Dick was mostly written in Britain as a response to Melville discovering Shakespeare, and up until Moby Dick his reputation as a writer was not great). Then read Faulkner (As I Lay Dying, The Sound and the Fury, Absalom! Absalom!, The Wild Palms) and McCarthy (Blood Meridian, Suttree, The Border Trilogy), Melville's greatest American successors.

take the genre fiction pill and abandon prose

have you read any jack vance?

"And then there was Twisk, who usually appeared as an orange-haired maiden wearing a gown of gray gauze. One day while wading in the shallows of Tilhilvelly Pond, she was surprised by the troll Mangeon. He seized her about the waist, carried her to the bank, ripped away the gray gauze gown and prepared to make an erotic junction. At the sight of his priapic instrument, which was grotesquely large and covered with warts, Twisk became frantic with fear. By dint of jerks, twists and contortions she foiled the best efforts of the sweating Mangeon. But her strength waned and Mangeon's weight began to grow oppressive. She tried to protect herself with magic, but in her excitement she could remember only a spell used to relieve dropsy in farm animals, which, lacking better, she uttered, and it proved efficacious. Mangeon's massive organ shriveled to the size of a small acorn and became lost in the folds of his great gray belly.

Mangeon uttered a scream of dismay, but Twisk showed no remorse. Mangeon cried out in fury: "Vixen, you have done me a double mischief, and you shall do appropriate penance."

He took her to a road which skirted the forest. At a crossroads he fashioned a kind of pillory and affixed her to this construction. Over her head he posted a sign: DO WHAT YOU WILL WITH ME and stood back. "Here you stay until three passersby, be they dolts, lickpennies or great earls, have their way with you, and that is the spell I invoke upon you, so that in the future you may choose to be more accommodating to those who accost you beside Tilhilvelly Pond."

- Jack Vance, "Lyonesse"

i don't know but I found this

reddit.com/r/MissAlice_18/

it's like you ran the OP chick through a sine function

>"And then there was Twisk, who usually appeared as an orange-haired maiden wearing a gown of gray gauze. One day while wading in the shallows of Tilhilvelly Pond, she was surprised by the troll Mangeon. He seized her about the waist, carried her to the bank, ripped away the gray gauze gown and prepared to make an erotic junction. At the sight of his priapic instrument, which was grotesquely large and covered with warts, Twisk became frantic with fear. By dint of jerks, twists and contortions she foiled the best efforts of the sweating Mangeon. But her strength waned and Mangeon's weight began to grow oppressive. She tried to protect herself with magic, but in her excitement she could remember only a spell used to relieve dropsy in farm animals, which, lacking better, she uttered, and it proved efficacious. Mangeon's massive organ shriveled to the size of a small acorn and became lost in the folds of his great gray belly.

>McCarthy
>Faulkner
Dear Christ. Fuck my country

Why? What the fucks your problem?

s-sorry i am not good with maths

Faulkner's prose are dirt tier
McCarthy
>wrote The Road
>Being a good writer
pick one

Faulkner is a pretentious hack who never wrote anything substantive, McCarthy is kind of a meme for midwits

who would you recommend to OP then?

You're supposed to learn a language that has literary merit.

>buzzwords

>he fell for the yuropoor meme

grow a spine or get out of my country son.

Scarlett Letter
Lolita but anything by him is quality enough
Pale King
Me
Henry James

America produces quality literature at a rate so far below its population that it's pathetic

meaningless statement. we don't measure literary output per capita because that's retarded.

>implyng anyplace has produced good literature in 00s-10s
I hope the best for 20s.

Okay, then France has a larger corpus of quality literature as does the UK and Russia

what point are you trying to make? what are you arguing? that America doesn't produce good literature? we both know that isn't true. that it doesn't create enough good literature? how do we measure that if that's the case? what are you getting at yurofag?

America's literary output is:
Below what the population and wealth should engender, per capita
The better pieces produced are shoddy at best and almost devoid of literary tradition (DFW, Pynchon, Fitzgerald, Hemmingway)
Western Europe (Outside of Spain) produces literature at higher rates, quality, and consistency of both

oh so it's the typical yuropoor dick measuring contest whereby you claim superiority by dismissing American authors offhand because you're incapable of forming an actual opinion and structuring a substantive critique. yurocuck insecurity is rife on this board,
i sincerely hope you grow up eventually. maybe your muslim successors will do better.

You need to get off that high horse friend.

>America's literary output is:
mostly in Spanish.

>Pale King
dropped

English does.

She could talk me into anything
I would jump off a bridge if she whispered in my ear, kissed my cheek and got angry with me if I initially refused

The first page is worth it by itself
I'm American

How does he compare to Joyce? I haven't read Melville but when I read Joyce I felt the same way you feel

wait who is this?

that makes you even worse.

He had some success up until Moby Dick. It fact, MB, was him trying to emulate his earlier success, but failed at the time and MB was rediscovered and studied again during WWI.

Time will tell, user.

ya he was just trying to make a shitty adventure genre novel, but since it turned out super gay fags later decided it should be canon

>outside Spain

And Portugal. Portuguese lit is shit

>Moby Dick
>"super gay'

It's probably among the most masculine books ever made.

fags today are more masculine than 99% of hetero """"men""""

>My boyfriends are more masculine than all those straight men who rejected my faggot ass

what the fuck does that even mean?

she is hot as fuck but she always gives me the idea that she smells bad

Read Tristram Shandy

cute bra

this is the type of femael i want my babby form in

>OP has CLEARLY not read Ulysses

You're both dumb.

Read Pynchon, Gaddis, Barth, Evan Dara

I want to tenderly kiss her belly while fingering her pussy.

>Read Pynchon
Haha

try james. the ambassadors in particular. maybe hawthorne tho his vision of the world is a lot smaller than melvilles.

t. someone who had the same problem

>(Outside of Spain)

Let me guess. Frog?

I want to tenderly kiss her pussy while fingering her belly

kek

Go read some Conrad and get over it.

Hideous proportions

L O W T E S T