Heres my reading list for March
1. Moby Dick
2. The old Man in the Sea
3. Mans Search for Meaning
4. Toni Takiani

youtu.be/s7u-xAWWyK4

Read Stirner.

Read Stirner.

assuming this isn't a meme I think it's good he's using his platform to encourage his audience to read.

Huh, that's actually not a terrible list. Maybe we've given this guy too hard a time.

the order is retarded
also the first list is straight up terrible

Anyone impressed that he's able to read all those books in a month? English isn't even his first language.

That is just the order in which he presented them, not an actual ranking of his fav books

Yes

pleb mentality

>worldwide literary community of intelligent scholars read book for past 150 year, nobody care
>retarded vidyagayme fagot read book, everyone loses their minds!
Fuck this
The last thing lit needs is more pimple poppers reading 20 pages of Nietzsche and preaching about knowing the history of human thought

These gatekeepers are getting cucked hard by pewdie

This, we really need more people to read less actual literature.
The last thing anyone needs is a more literate populace that is actively trying to better themselves.

You colossal faggot.

First words he says in regards to Beyond Good and Evil is
>oh how naive i was to think i could read nietzsche
so i think your point is moot

I'd prefer morons to stay illiterate than have them make pathetic attempts to delve into literature and end up as obnoxious pseuds.

People watch pewdiepie?

What distinguishes a 'pathetic attempt' from one that isn't? Any definition you give will include yourself and all of Veeky Forums, most likely.

t. obnoxious pseud

rocking dat Robert Pattinson in Good Time

>gatekeepers
Gatekeepers of what? Stuff that's been high school core since the 90s? Oh no, next me might reveal 1984 to the rabble.

The thing that's driving me up the FUCKING wall and making me bite at is not that pewdiepie is a pleb or pseud ( although an argument can be made for the second point), it's that he reads fast as shit, so either he's skimming through and not paying attention or I'm fucking retarded and have a low IQ

That but unironically, Nietzsche's reputation as a thinker has actually be severly effected by otherwise unread people misunderstanding or not even truing to understand him and instead using his name in the place of some vague edgelord thought

my favourite meme of all time

His audience consists largely of 11 year olds, and this is your first thought. You are beyond pseud, you are just a pathetic faggot.

based pewds saving literature and the white race

Riddle me this, how can a race be superior if it needs to be saved?

implying you aren't a pimple popper yourself, you massive cunt

>obnoxious pseuds
P R O J E C T I O N

No

>although an argument can be made for the second point
not really. where in the video could you label him a pseud? he admitted he didn't understand a large portion of the words he came across in neitzche and basically understood none of it

he's honest and almost all the books he picked are pretty easy fun reads that he's encouraging his audience to read as well. the books he picked are some of the least pretentious books i can think of

He read that many books in a month. Impressive.

t. didn't watch the video

he literally said he didn't understand it you pretentious faggot

there's no way anybody likes you

I didn't say I'd make the argument, primarily because Veeky Forums is giving me the shaft by constantly telling me I've mistyped the capthca but also I get that he's still learning too

>Reading Moby Dick in less than a month.

For a non-native English speaker that's impressive, it's such a demanding book, maybe he's reading an abridged version or smt.

oh jesus

And, honestly, what if something good comes of this? If just one of the kids who watches him develops a genuine love for literature as a result of these reviews, won't it all have been worthwhile?

>smt
>shin megami tensei
back to kid

This already happens.

>tfw the next generation will be that most well-read and western civilization will be saved because of pewdiepie

Lit seems to hate petersonites that got i to literature from his recommendations. As if he was giving away their super secret club

I wasn't even aware of that, for me smt means something.

>abbreviation
>on the literature board
kys

>kys

the sweet irony

kek

It's bait. I refuse to believe someone is so fucking stupid

unironically this
anyone who disagrees needs to go back to r3dd1t
do not throw pearls before swine, do not give what is holy to the dogs.

Well he did type "smt" so is probably close to but still marginally above the threshold of high-functioning retard.

ITT: Special snowflakes that unironically listens to the smiths and sit alone in their community college classes

Bunch of chimps crying because an honest thinker, even if relatively untrained, is making reading mainstream and cool again. Hilarious.

Also currently reading Life 3.0 and it is pretty fun and interesting. If you disagree, suck a dick.

Why the fuck do people even start reading him with BG&E in the first place anyway?

Birth of Tragedy is a far better entry point and is far less likely to lead pseuds to read their own stupidity into it. It's a good way of getting a sense of what Nietzsche actually values, and if you don't understand it you likely won't understand most of what else he wrote, so it's a good litmus test for gauging if you have the background to approach him.

I like The Smiths. Fight me.

>tfw the Pewdie man transitions away from screaming into a mic at Skyrim or whatever and becomes Reading Rainbow 2.0
I want to believe

>pewds is more patrician than 95% of Veeky Forums

somehow I'm not surprised

I just bought a book called "The Essential Neechee" which was BGE+Genealogy. What more can I say? "Essential" seemed a reasonable launching point. Post a reading order if you think it would help.

It's not about superiority. The same IQ scores that race realists push show that Asians and Ashkenazi have higher IQ than yuros.

Honestly, this list isn't that bad! What the fuck were you expecting, Finnegan's Wake? These books are pretty great entrances into serious literature. I can think of a lot worse books, and at least he's not digging himself into the fucking young adult bullshit like the rest of youtube.

How does he find so much time to read

Not having a 9-5 job

>how does a white manchild who gets paid to play video games and make fun of other white manchildren have time to read?

Have some more (You)'s, I enjoyed reading all of the bootyblasted replies to these posts.
You two are the Harold Bloom's of Veeky Forums culture

He has to make a video every day, even weekends.
When he goes on holiday he films it too.
I don't know how the fuck he handles it.

with any luck he will crack soon

>"Essential" seemed a reasonable launching point.

I don't blame you since these are reasonably the most core works of his, and you won't necessarily have that much trouble with them if you have a good background in philosophy/history/art in the first place.

I'm more cautioning against people jumping into Nietzsche when they have no bearings for what he's about, and his earliest work is more neglected than it should be for that purpose. It at least makes it clear that he's not the seething mess of hatred and resentment that people mistake him for.

I am going to read books and not understand them and there is literally nothing you can do to stop me

The proper Veeky Forums response. Any other sentiment is brainlet-tier

He's talking about being a fucking retard, not God forbid people use abbreviations on an online forum.

pewds has a qt trap gf

he took a break in nippon

>or I'm fucking retarded and have a low IQ
Ding ding ding
Seriously 6 books in a month isn’t that fucking much and the fact that you think it is makes me mad that you’re even posting here. Get off and read some you little shit

If you stop browsing Veeky Forums you'll realize just how many hours there are in a day

this

>2. The old Man in the Sea
when did he fall in

If he had a tough time with Nietzsche it’ll be interesting how far he gets into moby-dick

Any good books like life 3.0 that are good? Apparently there are far better books than that

>1984
He already reviewed Brave New World and Farenheit 451 in his last video

We are outnumbered.

>obnoxious pseuds
It's spelt Pewds actually

He's already been there and done that. He is very resilient. He was dragged through the mud in the media for saying nigger and death to all jews and yet he's more popular than ever. These things would've killed a normal celebrity's career.

I'm not an edgelord but I understand why Pewds said those things. If you record yourself every day you are bound to let things slip out or make jokes "in poor taste". My old Norweigan roommate would say nigger all the time because he had no cultural context and didn't understand why it was bad.

BoT is a terrible starting place and totally dissimilar to Nietzsche's other writings. BGE, on the other hand, provides a good overview and was written as an introduction to his thought, plus makes for the perfect bridge to GM and Zarathustra

>6. Beyond Good and Evil
Why
Literally why

How is he picking these books. Next month he'll pick Critique of Pure Reason.

>He has to make a video every day, even weekends.
You do know he has at least one editor who churns out this garbage vlogging content for him, right?
He only needs to setup a camera, and ramble, someone else will peruse the content and find the tidbits that don't make him sound like an idiot.

Imagine editing videos for pewdiepie as a job.

He browses Veeky Forums so he probably got it from Veeky Forums no joke

Says the guy discussing literature on a fucking anime image board

You guys know that hes browsing Veeky Forums now right? He did the whole "where do you workout" meme in one of his videos.

He doesn't edit his own videos, all he has to do is film the segment and send it off to his editors

>My old Norweigan roommate would say nigger all the time because he had no cultural context and didn't understand why it was bad
My ass he didn't, it's a bad word in Scandinavia too. People just use harsh language on the internet which eventually slips into every-day use. I think it's the same thing with Pewds kill all jews joke, he just forgot you're not supposed to joke about those things in public.

Yeah, OP is him, didn't you realize that?
>rate MY book list

it was a joke you prissy spergs

>Murakami

Opinion discarded. Dune and I Am Legend are good.

Murakami has an original style and he's a fun read. So what if he's popular with cultural studies students.

I don't understand this whole thing about Nietzsche being difficult to understand. He writes in a very roundabout way, and so it can take longer than usual to digest what is being said, but none of it is difficult to understand.

hello teenager

Comfy/10
Feels a bit of a tryhard though.

moby-dick will probably be easier, it doesn't require as much background knowledge as philosophy

>I don't understand this whole thing about Nietzsche being difficult to understand.
uh, the issue was which book Pewdiepie started with, and the fact that he had no knowledge of any other philosophers

you can act like a pseud and pretend like you'd understand the book in his position, but you wouldn't

Veeky Forums is just analdevastated fucking pewdiepie reads more than them in a month

>be on Veeky Forums
>post this
never gonna make it.

Pewdiepie needs to read pic related. Everyone, with his whole "christian channel" meme and all, will actually read it because of the meme, but will end up Christians ready to retake Jerusalem and Constantinople.

This is never the effect of people being given a reading list by a moron.