People who are really into literature are a certain genetic type

People who are really into literature are a certain genetic type.
The area of your brain responsible for language and writing is probably much bigger than the average person.

If this is you, you probably don't like science and stem fields that much as the area of your brain for technical activities and problem solving is much smaller. There are tradeoffs and costs.

Vice versa for Veeky Forumsfags.

Personality is mostly genetic.

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

scientificamerican.com/article/some-people-rsquo-s-brains-are-wired-for-languages/
google.ca/search?q=language brains vs technical brains&oq=language brains vs technical brains
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>There are tradeoffs and costs.
No, there aren't.
Case in point: my mother studied computer science in university, yet she didn't pursue it as a career because she decided to raise her kids instead. Now, as a hobby, she reads and writers fiction.

>No, there aren't.
There ALWAYS are in genetics/evolution.

>Case in point: my mother studied computer science in university, yet she didn't pursue it as a career because she decided to raise her kids instead. Now, as a hobby, she reads and writers fiction.
She seems to be just "okay" at both, not overly advanced.

This board is going to attract people that have a more language based brain rather than technical one.

Language based brain people usually do harm to society, they tend to be leftists and lack critical thinking skills.

Personally, I don't like the whole lot and am probably retarded.

You're just talking out your ass. Moron.

This seems like one of those things where a dichotomy is established just to be politically correct. There is no "hurr muh artis skills but stupid at math" position. People who can do stem are jist smarter while linguistic heavy fields are usually populated by those with intellectual ambitions but a lack of capacity.

>Language based brain people usually do harm to society, they tend to be leftists and lack critical thinking skills.

No lol.
The idea that people have different brains based on their genetics is a pretty simple concept.

thanks desu

>thanks desu
that was not a praise
that was basically sumg_anime_face.jpg

I've spent the past three years studying physics at one of the top stem schools in the country and doing research but also love reading literature and have published short stories in magazines
You have zero evidence for what you're asserting and are trying to claim it based on your gut alone, which is a pretty dumb gut
Fuck off and try again

it had the words "hell yeah motherfucker" in it

either way,
How is the statement I made wrong?

>THE EXCEPTION DISPROVES THE RULE

But I'm fantastic at problem solving. I just suck at math (mainly cause I never bothered, at all, learning mental math).

OP is absolutely right.

scientificamerican.com/article/some-people-rsquo-s-brains-are-wired-for-languages/

People that think every single person is the same are fucking retards.

>who was Isaac Asimov?
>he was a professor of what at which university?
>was he a bibliophile?

>this is true and describes you exactly right now
>no it doesn't
>haha, you've only proven me correct by proving me wrong!

This isn't very complicated.
Some people's brains are more wired towards language, others more towards technical skills.
Some people, like you are more in the middle and just average at both things.

>People who are really into literature are a certain genetic type. The area of your brain responsible for language and writing is probably much bigger than the average person.
I'd say this is correct, genetics help you be good at something. Nothing new.

>If this is you, you probably don't like science and stem fields that much as the area of your brain for technical activities and problem solving is much smaller. There are tradeoffs and costs.
>Vice versa for Veeky Forumsfags.
I disagree. There are people with smaller or average parts of the brain responsible for language etc that are really into literature. Same goes for science. People with different types of brains can be into same things. Also there's not necessarily a trade off. There are people who are into both. Think of ancient philosopher who were also great mathematicians

>Personality is mostly genetic.
Genetics make you maybe more prone to selecting a certain field of interest, but you still have to practice it almost daily if you want to be good at it. Especially when it comes to science. Also factors like the way you were raised, the people you grew up with, the quality of your teachers, the values that were praised in your culture etc can effect your "personality" as you like to call it (personality consists of much more than you being interested in literature or science) much more than just genetics.

How did you go from this
>Personality is mostly genetic.
to this
>Language based brain people usually do harm to society, they tend to be leftists and lack critical thinking skills.
While your first statement may be right, the conclusions you made from it are simply horrific.

>While your first statement may be right, the conclusions you made from it are simply horrific.
How is it horrific?
It's actually accurate, sadly.

If most of these language based people didn't exist, the world would be a better place.
There would be less leftists, more freedom, more economic production, less violence etc

yeah, user, this world certainly needs some proper cleansing

there are people who are genius at everything, even at things that contradict each other

you see wetern ideology is that if you cant do something you should do what you can but asian societies make you intensively learn what you cant do until you can do it

>language based brain people usually do more harm to society

Even a cursory glance at modern history invalidates this claim. It's the more technical minded people who lose sight of the larger picture, concerned only with whether they can create a certain tool, failing to adequately consider the ramifications of its use. Their ignorance of metaphysical problems leads to the corrosion of culture, the atomization of man.

Where and when did I say I supported the mass killing of people?

Because a human can learn and understand everything you just have genetic dispositions for something but you can learn everything you just have to learn maybe for a yaer what other would learn in a minute but after a year you get to his level

we can evolve, our brains constantly change

>Even a cursory glance at modern history invalidates this claim.
Wrong.
Look at Stalin, Mao and all of the other commie leaders.
Look at Hitler, he had a more language based brain.

>It's the more technical minded people who lose sight of the larger picture
My sides.
The technical people see the world for what it really is. They're the ones that actually accept evolution in humans unlike the language cucks.

>Their ignorance of metaphysical problems leads to the corrosion of culture, the atomization of man.
Examples of this?

Not really true.
For a lot of people, teaching them something complicated is pretty much impossible.

its not impossible its because those people dont want to learn, they see it as lost time

Your ideas are not far away from it, my friend.
>If most of these language based people didn't exist
If only...

you have to break your limits as a human, if you ever had experienced a headache it COULD be because the brain is growing but a lot of people dont like the pain and they take painkillers and that stops the brain from growing

I never take any painkillers because only weak people cant take pain and if you are weak than you cant grow and learn and become stronger

Also you have to sacrifice your happiness, learning and growing means constant pain, just like when you do 1000 pushups and the next day your arms will feel like they are going to fall of

Just because I dislike a group of people and don't want them around me doesn't mean I want to kill them. I'm not a crazy psycho.

Some people legit don't have the mental capacity to learn complex things.
Teaching them complex things is a waste of time.

if you cant learn something than learn it not for a hour but for ten hours, but of course it hurts, its boring, so normal people will give up but not me I learn until I understand sometimes I tackle a problem for two weeks until i get the solution but when i get it it makes me smarter

Mental capacity can be increased just like strenghth with training

>The technical people see the world for what it really is.
Read about "instrumental rationality" of natural sciences and why it is wrong. Read Nietzche, Dilthey, Weber - they all criticized it. I mean you are wrong on so many levels I can't even count them all.
>They're the ones that actually accept evolution in humans unlike the language cucks.
topkek

Cant do maths? Solve 1000 easy things than solve 1000 medium things and then solve 1000 hard things and then you will be able to solve IMPOSSIBLE things

>Mental capacity can be increased just like strenghth with training
To an extent.
The brain has limits, different people have different limits.

>The technical people see the world for what it really is.

So technology holds all our solutions?

>They're the ones that actually accept evolution in humans unlike the language cucks

Which other species utilise language as we do?

Because impossible is just an illusion, everything is posible

no there are no limits it is just harder and harder to grow but not impossible, the brain is the most flexible part in the body, it is designed so it learns

>Read about "instrumental rationality" of natural sciences and why it is wrong. Read Nietzche, Dilthey, Weber - they all criticized it. I mean you are wrong on so many levels I can't even count them all.
LEL
Science is observable and repeatable.

Only leftist language brained cucks like yourself deny science.
Science is fucking useful.
What you believe in is NOT.
Nobody cares about your gay philosophy, people care about results.
I bet you think you can fly if you just thought about it hard enough. Retard.
>topkek
It's not wrong though, language cucks deny human biological instincts. These same instincts which dictate most of human behavior.

technical people are usually those folks who used to think "damn all those negros/jews/political dissedents are such a pain in the ass, lets just put them in concentration camps that will surely solve our problems lol"
that is basically what "instrumental rationality" is

>no there are no limits
How does one person become this stupid?
You've clearly reached your limit.

>the brain is the most flexible part in the body
Yes but it still has limits, LOW IQ people just can't fucking learn complex things. They get confused.
There simply aren't enough complex neurons to accomplish this.

Of course you need breaks so the brain can grow, and you are right they are diffefent people - they have differen learning speed, some people look that they dont learn at all but they do its just so slow that we cant see it but the brain changes and someday it will grow faster and faster

>Nobody cares about your gay philosophy, people care about results.
can you be mor edgy, m8?

>"damn all those negros/jews/political dissedents are such a pain in the ass, lets just put them in concentration camps that will surely solve our problems lol"
You're HALF right honestly.
I'm a white nationalist and I want to peacefully separate from them.

Technical people are more likely to understand the REALITY of race.
This is a good thing.

if you have low iq dont do quantum mechanics do 1+1 and 5*5 until you can do it and then do 3x*5y+6 and then do quantum mechanics

>being this upset over the facts

Hmmm, who want's to bypass what?

If you're too dumb to understand quantum mechanics then there is literally no point.

Brains have limits.
I can't do a billion floating point calculations per second in my head for example.

>I'm a white nationalist and I want to peacefully separate from them.
u r a funny man

>he's not a white nationalist yet
It's like you're not even living desu.

I havent reached my limit :D every day I read like 3 random wikipedia pages just to learn evenm if its totaly irrelevant, I have read a lot of things 90 percent I have forgotten but 10 percent stays in my brain and later my brain learns itself how to learn so I have better learning technique
by the way I have photographic memory, not the best like remembering everything but i can remember if I want 50 percent of an article and I have only read it once, so i read the same article likr 4 times and then I remember it almost entire and then I remember it for the rest of my life

shut up

I want to surpass myself

Whereof one cannot speak thereof one must be silent.

Got out of arguments? of course you did because I am right sorry forr you but I have become of a loser that almost got kicked out of school because i was dumb to the best inbmy class and even got into an unioversity without taking exams bacause my iq is 127 and they take anyone over iq 119

i'm sorry pls don't cleanse me m8 i can be of use

And yeasah i did a iq test in that university so its real not an internet test

Just because zou are dumb doesnt mean i am dumb :D but I am not satisfied i want to become smarter so i will learn and study even more, and you know what? girls are attracted to intelligence and charisma and i have bothj so I have become from a loser to a school celebrity and its awesome, 5 years ago i was suicidal and wanted to kill myself now i have friends and even followers and i am happy, but i will train and learn even more

goodbye, may the force be with you i have to go now :)

your best use is as a sex toy
sit on my cock bby

yay

fpbp

OP btfo for not understanding that advanced language use is a technical activity.

Who fucking cares? Why do you autists feel the need to constantly categorize your brains? Disgusting.

this and this OP, sorry

My grandmother has a German literature degree, my father is a translator, so yes, genetics are pretty influental.
I should also note that my grandfather and uncle are doctors but have read probably more than my father and grandmother (though more historical and political non-fiction probably and historical fiction).
I'm a brainlet though, because I'm lazy and spent most of my time on Dota, CS and lying in bed crying.
If it weren't for my genes I'd probably not be able to write a single sentence.
I do think I'm good for STEM especially maths also, and everything that doesn't require communication with other people or fast reacting, like a teacher or a surgeon.

Bullshit. I'm majoring in applied math and that actually got me into philosophy, and philosophy got me into reading. Now I consistently read 30 books every year.

its not
if you cant see these two genetic types you are a brainlet

Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums almost never overlap

>HURRRRRRR I'M THE ANOMALY
>THAT MEANS UR RONG

Neoliberalism isn’t the best system for society, and even the IMF (great supporters of that policy in the past) now acknowledges that it augmented the abyss of inequality.

You talk as if you were gifted with logical and cold-reasoning capacities and yet you don’t know even the basics.

>Neoliberalism
DOES NOT FUCKING EXIST
Never existed.
Just a leftist strawman argument that is used to brainwash people.

Nixon cut the gold standard in 1970 resulting in the central bank having absolute power.
This coupled with massive government intervention in the economy is the reason the economy is shit and our generation is fucked.
>b-b-buh muh reagan
he didn't deregulate SHIT
In fact he increased regulations.

Nobody believes in your neoliberalism meme anymore leftists, just fucking die.

>You talk as if you were gifted with logical and cold-reasoning capacities and yet you don’t know even the basics.
HOLY FUCK THE IRONY

Also the IMF is a fucking joke. It's a government organization that intervenes in the market.
and for some strange fucking reason you people claim the IMF is "capitalism" LOL

>the IMF
>a statist agency who has dominated and controlled markets for decades claims economic freedom is bad so it can get even MORE power

What ELSE is new?

Ignoring neuroplasticity (the capability of people to restructure their brain based on new skills they deliberately learn, or in general everything they do and don't do). Pynchon studied engineering at Cornell and famously shows a good grasp of calculus and rocket science in GR. William Carlos Williams, Chekhov, Bulgakov, Schiller, John Keats and Arthur Conan Doyle are classic writers who were also doctors or had significant training in medicine. Leonardo da Vinci was heavily science-minded (clearly) but also wrote poetry and short fables. Goethe, somewhat differently, is more famous for his literature but also was very scientific and rational minded, being interested in diverse fields of science. Nabokov was a devoted lepidopterist and actually made a correct and very significant prediction about the migration/evolution of certain butterflies which was only really proved after his death with the advent of genome sequencing.

On the other hand, I will agree that the distinction of the OP is broadly true and you can classify intellectual minded people on whether their intelligence is more spatial, more verbal, and/or more mathematical. But in cases of true devotion of interest, and/or very high intelligence, I think the person has a capacity to be much more well rounded and apply their intelligence to broader fields.

>neuroplasticity
heh

it can only go so far, it has limits
you don't understand what neuroplasticity means, it's not saying humans are a blank slate

Yes, laws that curb absolute freedom in economy are bad. I suggest you read about the working conditions of people in England in the XIXth century. Just take a look on the situation before the Government had to intervene with Labour Law.

Not all laws that curb absolute freedom in the market are bad. Your solution is just way too simple: it’s the old separation of black and white without grey zones cliche.

Speaks about intelligence like an authority yet posts anime - very puerile

Of course I know that. I'm just saying it exists and people have more potential than they use, typically. You're looking at this from a deadening, pessimistic, underrating worldview when properly neuroplasticity is really just a wonderful and powerful property giving us a lot of potential.

>I suggest you read about the working conditions of people in England in the XIXth century.
KEK
Why do you think I've never known about this?
Working conditions for workers in the 1800s were far better than the 1700s, 1600s and years before that.
As economic production increased so did living standards.
America is a perfect example of this.
America during the late 1800s had more free markets, more economic production and the highest wages/living standards in the world.
As economic production and technology increased so did living standards, years later we have the modern living standards today thanks to this.

>Just take a look on the situation before the Government had to intervene with Labour Law.
What labour law?
Government laws were passed long after living standards rose. They did nothing but harm.

>You're looking at this from a deadening, pessimistic, underrating worldview
The irony here is that your side is doing the same thing.
We accept neuroplasticity, it's just not as big of a factor as you think it is.

>is really just a wonderful and powerful property giving us a lot of potential.
Not enough to change human nature, remove "racism" or create communism.

>itt: [citation needed]

People here are associating logic and mathematical skills with Right wing world views, yet Terence Tao, probably the greatest mathematician in the world and one of the most intelligent people alive was deeply critical of Trump and the Republicans.

>The irony here is that your side is doing the same thing
What? What fucking side do I have, you literal fucking lunatic? Did I imply I'm part of a group of people in my two posts?
>We accept neuroplasticity, it's just not as big of a factor as you think it is.
who the fuck is "we"? Why don't you say what YOU accept and think for yourself instead of being a castrated herd animal?
>enough to change human nature, remove "racism" or create communism.
Are you fucking special or something? I wasn't talking about that. I was responding to the original post, which said that language minded people are typically not science/mathematical minded. I gave some counterexamples and said that neuroplasticity seems to give smarter people the ability to excel or at least learn well at different fields they try their hand at. I don't care if you're a rightist or a leftist, if you want to kill kikes or if you support Hillary, this is a fucking literature board. If you want to talk about politics, go to /pol/. Where in my two posts did I mention racism, communism, or human nature, you literal fucking automaton who can't go on a literature board without tying everything to your politics? I'm out of this retarded thread and speaking to you

but many writers were into stem.

Coetze for instance.

>I gave some counterexamples and said that neuroplasticity seems to give smarter people the ability to excel
Again kiddo, neuroplasticity can only go so far.

If your brain is wired for more language based thought and you try to study physics then neuroplasticity can only go so far.
You're going to struggle compared to people who's brains were developed for STEM fields. That is if you even WANT to get into stem, usually people with more language based brains don't want to.

Not the user you are talking to, but let’s go real if we are to keep discussing.

You say that there is a palpable difference between language-skilled and logical-skilled brains. Ok, fair enough, but you need to give us the studies and researches that verify this.

So post the material that support your claims, or if you can’t just admit that you are simply guessing.

>source: my ass

It's 9am and I need to sleep.
Look it up yourself though

google.ca/search?q=language brains vs technical brains&oq=language brains vs technical brains

this. fuck the multiple intellignece bullshit "hur dur if you are good at x you are bad at y because otherwise tyrone would be an useless faggot"

>Personality is mostly genetic
It literally is not. Where have you been in the past 200 years not to have come across a modern psychology test/research that delves in on this?

read some Steven Pinker at least or something

Im a stem fag and spend my free time reading. what does that make me.

It is though, those twin studies showed that the twins raised apart were incredibly similar personality-wise

>some guy tries to justify his inability to understand literature by saying his brain is wired for stem
>multiple people tell him he's retarded
>he somehow flings shit at leftists and devolves into defending libertarianism and the same "the supply and demand curve I learned in high school disproves Marx, communism btfo forever" arguments anyone on the internet in the past two decades saw on their first day
Priceless

Altought this is true, you should take care not to think that things like criminality are part of people’s personality.

Except criminality definitely is a part of your personality. How could you think that your personality doesn't impact your likelihood of committing crimes?

wtf why is your mom so cool?

What?

Can someone explain to me the issue lit takes with multiple intelligence theory? What's wrong with corroborating an idea that skills can manifest in more than a few areas. Sure some skills are better than others for certain things and I'm sure each race will have higher and lower affinities for some things but what exactly is wrong with acknowledging that these differences may exist? You're approaching this as if society needs to be ran in away where there is a clear winner and loser as opposed to just people being different and being content with that and trying their hand at what they please. Or am I completely off here?

Btw that person's post didn't confirm anything. Like he said, there's no proof that she has particular mastery in writing. My mother wanted to be a writer her whole life and is now an accountant. She reads plenty of classics in her free time. I don't see what you're getting at.

I'm a math major and I like lit.

You're going to need some justification for those claims. Otherwise you'll look like a goddamn idiot.