Why is Veeky Forums so shit?

Why is Veeky Forums so shit?
No one can have a serious discussion about literature on this board, the only serious discussions you can have is about shitty philosophers (Evola, Guenon, Kant), no one seems to discuss litetarute or good philosophy
What the fuck is wrong with this board?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/2FzXk6c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>t. a*glo

Be the change you want to see in the world.

What's some good literature or good philosophy that should be discussed on this board?

Yesterday i made a thread trying to discuss Joyce's The Dead since i finished it in a day
No one tried to discuss the book, nor respond, even though everyone praises Joyce on this shitty board, no one in here can discuss him
It's fucking horrible

The only discussion thread i made that got a discussion was debating about the future of far-right, and most of the people in there were /pol/acks so it wasn't even a Veeky Forums discussion

Either they have discussed it a million times and didn't want to again, or they perceived you to be a cuck who takes his western literature reading recommendations from a kike named Bloom. But seriously the Dead is one of the most discussed things on here.

There is plenty of mature and insightful discussion to be had in /sffg/, otherwise known as The Patrician's General.

Never saw a fucking thread on it
Is it time zones or am i just autistic?

Yeah discussing brainlet literature is easy

You need to post bait if you want people to respond. A controversial opinion that people will argue about in between shitposts that will bump the thread. Don't make the OP too cancerous though, or you will get nothing but shitposts.

Great you have to use the dialectics of bait, so you bait while not baiting on the same post
I will strat training, thanks

>Homer is brainlet literature
The absolute state of /outerlit/

>implying mythology is fiction

>about shitty philosophers (Evola, Guenon, Kant)
you belong to /b/, my friend

You need to post in a way that stimulates the masess. I suggest you take an advertising class.

>Fiction is the classification for any story or setting that is derived from imagination—in other words, not based strictly on history or fact.[1][2][3]

Kant is the worst philosopher from the German idealism, one of the most overrated philosophers in history
Also
>falling for the Gnostic meme

come to Veeky Forums discord, there the disgusting philposters are subjected to ridicule

What is with the sudden influx of people who think their discussion is ruined if someone makes a joke?

The constant use of obscene language probably puts off some people who might otherwise make worthwhile posts.

Fucking off yourself cunt

I never swear while making an analysis
Your justification is shit, go fuck yourself user

Ok pass me that shit

The problem is not that the problem is IGNORING THE FUCKING DISCUSSION

lit is a bunch of humanities leftists who can't admit that literature is just entertainment. When Veeky Forums was created it ripped the intellectual core and pretensions out of lit and left it rudderless.

1/10 bait
There's no discernible talent!

>This post

discord.gg/2FzXk6c

META ON /QA/

>
Might be an interesting option. I feel like the /pol/ invasion may be too cancerous at this point to do much about it if the mods won't do their jobs.

I have never seen us talk about The Dead other than in the context of "Hey, what's a good short story?" "The Dead."

eat shit

this
you can't just post
>hey guys i finished joyce's the dead, lets talk about it :3
that's boring and stale and a horrible jumping off point for discussion.
much better is something like
>*character does something that seems retarded out of context*
>Why was Joyce such a fucking brainlet??

/pol/ is the biggest board on the site by an absolutely huge margin. There is no escape from /pol/posting while still on Veeky Forums.

When did it overtake /b/? Is /b/ still popular?

/b/ is a wasteland and has been for years.
check it out yourself if you don't believe me.

>What the fuck is wrong with this board?
You. And people like you, Try to enjoy things.

Just visited, pretty unpleasant. You're right though posts per second is much lower than I remember from back in the day.

No, it's because of niggers.

i just checked some stats and apparently /v/ is just under /pol/ in size but those two boards outstrip every other by a fairly significant margin

At the risk of stating the blindingly fucking obvious, Veeky Forums is a place for manchildren to post memes and out contrarian each other, there is never going to be serious discussion on here, and if you think there is you are deluding yourself.

Find people in real life who like books for God's sake.

Do you, Veeky Forums user want to know what's wrong with Veeky Forums ? You egghead-types spend so much time dissecting yourselves, delving into the depths hoping to find what ? A reason to act that is more seductive than material necessities ? more than simple duties, more than other people's expectations ?

How deep you dig won't help you, you soon realize that the depths aren't rich mineral undergrounds, the analogy is tempting, but inadequate. It's rather dust, dust fallen from everyday living, little thought-crumbs that occured to you earlier, and to which you return. You agitate the specks, you think you're closer to understanding, closer to a greater truth that will makes sense of all that has occured.

In the end, you have only turned on yourself because this mental masturbation is centered around the same five-six thoughts that you harbor for now. You turn you turn you turn you're in panic but no exit so you turn. At some point you go on Veeky Forums, hoping for an escape, maybe ? and there you get to partake for a while in someone else's masturbation. There, you share nothing new, and there you learn nothing new. You're eructating like the others, we're simple animals, we know nothing !

You think like a nigger, therefore you must be a nigger.

Why do you speak English?

>/pol/tards derail every single thread
gee, I wonder fucking why