20 Pages a Day: No Excuse Edition

Barring family tragedy there is zero excuse not to at least read twenty pages a day. If you do this for at least ninety days and you have formed youself a lifelong habit.

Obviously more than twenty pages is optimal. But let's make twenty pages your new bottom limit.

I read 10 pages in 30 minutes. Is this good or bad? Honest answer please.

Are you reading daily? Likely not. Read every day and that speed will increase.

Ten pages taking that long is no big deal. Many people in this world are illiterate. Be happy you CAN read.

No, I'm not reading daily but I truly want to form such habit.

I read when I want to hoe.

If you feel you read slow, just break it into two periods. Read once earlier in the day and once more just before bed. Don't let yourself go to bed before you've finished your 20 pages for the day.

What if I read 40 pages in one day. Can I skip the next day then?

Absolutely not. Even if you read 200 pages in one day, you must still hit your minimum 20 pages the next day.

Try the pomodoro technique if length is your issue. I read 75-150 pages a day average by breaking it into incremental reading with set moments for reflection and distraction in between. Reading retention is great in my experience when you're not overloading and overexhausting your mind with data lost or unevaluated.

That's an awesome technique but may be too evolved than a blunt "Read 20 Pages" rule. I think people will naturally trend towards reading more once the habbit is formed.

There is:
>going blind
>physical pain

>going blind

Only excuse to get an audible subscription. No excuse to not read.

>physical pain

Still capable of reading in bed.

I’m with you OP. This is a great rule to set for oneself.

Well, you are still capable of running a marathon with a phyisical pain. But you won't.

>audible subscription
>read

>Still capable of reading in bed
Here you any idea of pain my young friend?

I read on kindle. I like the 4th font size (from small to big) and I don't know how that compares to number of pages.

Go by percentage and number of pages in the print version. Maths it out.

20 pages is really arbitrary. I read two easy ~150 page novels in two days, but still didn't feel like I read a lot. But when reading academic texts or philosophy, 20 pages can aleady be quite a lot. I think it's better to set a minimum amount of time, which also has the benefit of not making you rush through to get to an arbitrary page limit.

fuck off retard

Stop the mental gymnastics.

One of the history professors at my uni told me he makes it a point to read at least 200 pages a day. This includes books in various languages, and he reads shit like theoretical linguistics and historical analysis. I have no idea how he manages this while also planning for his class and shit. He must have a god-tier reading speed. He got his PhD from Harvard.

Much respect to him. Damn.

I disagree, some days I just need a break from reading or life gets in the way.

20 isn't enough. Make it 27 and you'll reach 10,000 by years end. Picture attached is my current rate so far this year.

I don't trust autists that use spreadsheets to track their reading progress.

I hope you get a brain tumor and start your own mental gymnastics.

It's the same shit as good reads or whatever else normies use, I just prefer to have more data

You're right, thanks for the motivation. Will make an earnest effort to do this starting today.

Why not just count the time? Pages vary, but your reading speed would be generally the same and your 30 minutes a day or 1 hour a day will cover the same amount of material.

Well if you read while you are sleepy you won't read with the same speed, nor if you start daydreaming in the middle of the discourse.
Numericals about reading are always made by psueds. Surely everyone thinks about how much pages are left for example, but not everyone actually posts trying to reason.

Because you can get distracted if it's just a time thing. Setting a bottom page limit is more concrete. Allows you to buckle down and focus.

Hell yeah.

What if i live in Arizona?

same as me desu

The obvious answer is to read for at least 30 minutes, reading at least 20 pages.

He’s right.

I read when i want to plough

Depends on he book.
I've read Count of Monte Cristo in like 30sec/page.
Reading spengler I had to read it nearly out loud because hes such a fucking pain in the ass. Technological Slavery made me take breaks to digest his thought as well.

The more complex a topic, the longer you need. That's just natural.

I read 40 today. Feels gud

God, this place can be a joke. Tries to act more intelligent than reddit and spends half a thread justifying why they can't even read 20 pages a day. Really makes you think.

Veeky Forums is not one person.

>trying to prove you are intelligent by saying how many pages you read per day

>Really makes you think.
Nothing can make you think, sorry, you are too retarded.

So you'll read 20 pages of Ulysses in 30 minutes while I read 20 pages of Le Petit Prince?

>Nothing can make you think, sorry, you are too retarded.

You are really fragile.

>Reading other people's stories
>Not writing your own
Not gonna make it

Still better than being really retarded.

what?

It was 102 degrees the other day.

Rather bad. I'd guess among regular readers the average is 20 pages in 30 minutes, if not more.

>tfw gotta read 20 pages of Kant in 30 minutes because Veeky Forums says so

Does speed reading require you to be semi autistic?

Your innervoice will sound like a chipmunk.