Why does my mind start going blank intermittently after I've been reading more than a few pages of a book in one...

Why does my mind start going blank intermittently after I've been reading more than a few pages of a book in one sitting? I'll see the words and they will be extremely familiar to me (after having seen most if not all countless times) and then there will be a blockage, some delay on getting the understanding presented in this particular sentence leading on from the next. This gets really bad after an hour.

What is it? I was fine doing further maths and maths at A level, I've not been diagnosed with anything I'm 21 my brain is fully developed so what is it?

Other urls found in this thread:

improve-memory-skills.com/short-term-memory.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Your sleep and/or dietary habits are shit and you aren't disciplined.

Don't smoke weed or drink for month and see if that solves your problems. I always feel like my brain is made of honey for a few days after smoking.

damn look at those milk jugs

I've only drank about 5 beers in my life and I've never smoked weed or done drugs

huge tits almost always look better under clothes
unleashed, they lose the line and curve that makes them so enticing

This is the patrician opinion. The imagination picks up the slack; all we need is the suggestion of giant beautiful tits.

Also OP - this is a stupid fucking thread, and I sort of resent you for wasting everyone’s time in making it. But the one good thing you did was post that picture. So thanks for that, I guess.

Try reading aloud. It helps when I'm having a particularly bad time finding meaning in sentences

"Have more than thou showest"
- The Fool, King Lear, Act 1, Scene 4

Sad she's chosen to stick a piece of metal through her nose. But that can always be removed.

In answer to your question, OP, it's because the internet constantly stimulates you with instant rewards (like pictures of well-endowed young ladies) so your capacity to concentrate for long periods without such rewards has atrophied.
The solution is to read more, concentrate more, and surf less.
And when you do read, avoid all distractions. That means go somewhere quiet without other people around.

You're obsessed with old hags. Basically, you're retarded.

The piece of metal can be removed, I meant. Not the nose.

user wants milky

Because you care.

>old hags.
so if I'm not a pedo then I shouldn't be able to focus properly?

Short term memory is turning to shit, user. Link related.
improve-memory-skills.com/short-term-memory.html

I think the damage has already been done
I used to be extremely stressed and my heart used to pound in my chest every morning, I think the excess cortisol has done irrevocable damage, I never had this problem when I read when I was younger, my mind never went blank.
Irrevocable damage

Sounds like you're a brainlet

man this girl is gorg.

Im not even a teddies guy

Your attention span is ruined because of browsing the Internet.
I was significantly more efficient at reading before I got addicted to all this online bullshit. I could knock out a 400 pg. novel in one long session and remain immersed, now I have to take a break after 20 pages max. It's one of the reasons I switched to non-fiction almost exclusively because it allows me to feel less retarded and retain useful knowledge.

>>Sad she's chosen to stick a piece of metal through her nose. But that can always be removed.
I had to zoom in to see the fucking piercing. you fucks are tainted.

Take a break from the internet for a few days.

what is this milker goddesses name?

@marayjayin on instagram. Read the file name you mongoloid

>I'm 21 my brain is fully developed
4 years to go.

>op post tits
>people ignore acutal post and talk about tits
I fucking hate idiots like you shitting up blue boards
prob this but idk about disciplined part, im pretty shit at discipline but I can read, unlike op. He probably just needs to actually think about what he's reading rather than just passively scanning a page

>that nose
ew

this bitch better start posting more soon
for a self describe "hedonist" she's suprisingly tame

If I do that I get depressed and books feel empty to me. Whereas if I stay on here then read half the day, books feel expansive and enjoyable

You good bro? Need to check your eyes.

It has to do with the type of media we all consume. The constant internet connection has damaged our ability to focus on non-videos and non-screen things.

Everything we do is short and bite-sized (texts/IMs vs conversations face to face), video clips instead of reading an article. Reading a headline instead of reading an article.

This deprives our brains of the exercise needed to efficiently intake information in the written long-form.

you know you dont have to read right (aside from like practical purposes and all that). there are many ways to lead a fruitful life, and taking up space on this board with your stupid questions isn't one of them. literally go take a hike or something mister i cant read lmao.

You're mind might be constipated